NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 28: The Underground World

9+ and 11 visible, including a double jump.

x11s28_zpsc2cbf7bc.png

Ignore the negatives, I'm not using two of the three players who got negatives, and can't get rid of them, so to say I got 7+ overall is kinda wrong.

As expected, Fjellbekk is retiring. He is the very last player to have played in my first season and by far the player who has played the most amount of matches in my team. However his biggest achievement will always be the 94 yellow cards. Out of 18 awards recieved, 15 of them is for bad sportmanship....

Not gonna lie, I don't know how you're not winning every single game you play with that team. It is immense.

Mine

1036649.png

Pleasing, particularly the front line, which is coming on a treat. Selling Cornelio though, as he's now dead average.

Here is an idea I expect will go down badly but I thought it might be quite interesting and add a bit of variety to xpert.

The season after next is Xpert 11 Season 30. Anyone up for having a world cup style event?

It is possible to set up a champions league set up rather than a normal league.

I was thinking we could have the cup this season, then normal league Season 29, Season 30 special World Cup, Season 31 Normal season.

The only thing that is worrying is god knows how dev and change reports work for this kind of thing has anyone played one?

I thought this may break up our usual cycle and make Season 30 a bit special. :D

Anyone will leave it to you guys and Peeps to decide

Here is an idea I expect will go down badly but I thought it might be quite interesting and add a bit of variety to xpert.

The season after next is Xpert 11 Season 30. Anyone up for having a world cup style event?

It is possible to set up a champions league set up rather than a normal league.

I was thinking we could have the cup this season, then normal league Season 29, Season 30 special World Cup, Season 31 Normal season.

The only thing that is worrying is god knows how dev and change reports work for this kind of thing has anyone played one?

I thought this may break up our usual cycle and make Season 30 a bit special. :D

Anyone will leave it to you guys and Peeps to decide

I'm in

It basically would work like the actual Champions League, I am trying to get some info on the xpert forums this is quite informative.

http://www.xperteleven.com/viewGlobalMessageN.aspx?threadID=4764028&forumid=32&read=1

There would be no relegations or promotions we would all just be put into groups and the top 8 would make it through to the QF.

The groups can be quite big apparently such as groups of 8 teams.

Two things to consider though teams that make it through to the knockouts get extra dev I could see that really causing some anger.

The other thing is that I dont know if we could just switch back if you see what I mean? If it would remember our league from two seasons ago or would somehow use the Champions League results to make a league or just make a new one?

I dunno it would be great to hear from someone who had experienced a CL format.

Hmm doing a bit of digging I think it would change the standings of everyone the season after, http://www.xperteleven.com/viewGlobalMessageN.aspx?threadID=4571672&forumid=32&read=1

In some ways it could be quite fun and personally I would be up for this as a special one off event but I could see lots of people here not liking it?

Edited by Haden

It basically would work like the actual Champions League, I am trying to get some info on the xpert forums this is quite informative.

http://www.xperteleven.com/viewGlobalMessageN.aspx?threadID=4764028&forumid=32&read=1

There would be no relegations or promotions we would all just be put into groups and the top 8 would make it through to the QF.

The groups can be quite big apparently such as groups of 8 teams.

Two things to consider though teams that make it through to the knockouts get extra dev I could see that really causing some anger.

The other thing is that I dont know if we could just switch back if you see what I mean? If it would remember our league from two seasons ago or would somehow use the Champions League results to make a league or just make a new one?

I dunno it would be great to hear from someone who had experienced a CL format.

Hmm doing a bit of digging I think it would change the standings of everyone the season after, http://www.xperteleven.com/viewGlobalMessageN.aspx?threadID=4571672&forumid=32&read=1

In some ways it could be quite fun and personally I would be up for this as a special one off event but I could see lots of people here not liking it?

The only part I don't like is 'teams that reach the knockouts will get extra benefit for the games they play in, so two teams will have three extra games for DV.'

As it benefits the better teams (those who'd have gone through) - less dvs for the teams who don't qualify.

Nonetheless, I think it's worth it. And hey, extra dvs gives something more to play for in terms of progression. I vote yes. Sounds exciting.

I like the idea, but that will definitely stifle the development of not so stronger teams (they would expect less match experience) and will obviously favor development for stronger teams (they would expect more match experience).

As for mixing up the league's for the season after.. I don't see that as much of a problem?

Teams will roughly place based on their skill, which is how the league is structured so give our take some freak results the league will more than likely only see the same shake up that 3 up and 3 down would bring??

Gonna give that link a read :)

Change Report:

2lmtk7d.jpg

Happy with this. The only reduction is Lilywhite who is now surplus to requirements. Disappointed Delipiano and Falcao didn't visibly raise their skill as they had 15 and 16 dv respectively.

I like the concept of a CL style season, but you haven't sold it well enough to me that it would work well in practice. I would like to see what the changes (permanent or temporary) it would make to the league structure and also what the consequences would be in terms of dv and change reports. I would definitely be up for it if it was a true off-season cup (as an aside it would be nice to have a proper cup structure rather than having to mess around with friendly matches and having to manually do the draw).

I like the idea, but that will definitely stifle the development of not so stronger teams (they would expect less match experience) and will obviously favor development for stronger teams (they would expect more match experience).

As for mixing up the league's for the season after.. I don't see that as much of a problem?

Teams will roughly place based on their skill, which is how the league is structured so give our take some freak results the league will more than likely only see the same shake up that 3 up and 3 down would bring??

Gonna give that link a read :)

As far as I have understood it, the qualifers works as normal seasons. So if there are ten matches in the qualifiers, then it would work like a season consisting of ten matches, which is no different from a season with 18 matches, or 25, or hundred. The dv gain is scaled after the length of the season. The last three matches, QF, SF and the F works as the cup in the official leagues, pure bonus dv that work outside the "season dv". This means no one will be less off compared to a normal season.

If I have understood it correctly.

I don't mind a shake up after the CL season, but I would like to know exactly how it works before I say yes. I better not see teams like bob in the Elite league. The horror.

The last three matches, QF, SF and the F works as the cup in the official leagues, pure bonus dv that work outside the "season dv". This means no one will be less off compared to a normal season.

The problem with that is those 6 teams get extra DV which is only going to create a bigger gulf between the top and bottom teams.

I've followed the link, and low and behold the post is made by the manager of Jokers Wild (a team in another league I'm in).

I've sent him a message asking if he went with the CL format, how it affected dev and how it affected league standings.

Obviously answers will depend on whether or not he even went ahead with it, but I'll let yous know how out goes.

Also, I completely agree with Charlie. You're inviting the opportunity for the strongest teams to open a gap on the rest, just as we're starting to see more clubs challenging for the title.

Having said that though, the teams that push for championships usually neglect their DV anyway going for points AND its for one season, so how bad could it be?

Edited by DuD
Automerged Doublepost

But again.. saying that, Zell has done a fantastic job of getting his DV AND winning the Elites. so ::shrug:

Apparently one of the admins who ran a CL said that bigger playoff groups meaning more guaranteed games was better for letting all teams get a fair amount of dev than shorter ones.

I think it would work on this principle. Say you had a group of 4, that is 6 games you would play before you may be knocked out with 3 games for other teams. That means at worst you may play 2/3 of games.

If it was a group of 10 that is 18 games played with 3 game for other teams. So at worst you would play 18/21 which is a much less of a gap percentage wise.

We could always have 3 groups of 10 almost making it like a normal league season flowing into a cup straight after lol.

This is an actual champions league that has been played for a bit of an idea oh how it would look http://www.xperteleven.com/standings.aspx?Lid=111&Lnr=1&dh=1

That looks totally awesome. I'm in whatever the case.

6 player groups with 3 going through would be good? To be honest I wouldnt have a problem with groups of four - more potential for upsets - every game matters type thing. Wonder if the game sorts out the seeding or if the groups are randomised.

Good work Haden, this could be great fun.

Also - those teams are a bit better than ours...

That looks totally awesome. I'm in whatever the case.

6 player groups with 3 going through would be good? To be honest I wouldnt have a problem with groups of four - more potential for upsets - every game matters type thing. Wonder if the game sorts out the seeding or if the groups are randomised.

Good work Haden, this could be great fun.

Also - those teams are a bit better than ours...

Yeh that sounds good I think it would mean 15 people went through on merit with 1 person getting through as best runner up.

It would then work out as 10/14 dev wise for team who went out at group stage to final.

Oh dear I just saw each team plays 2 games at knockout, oh dear that would screw things up a bit and also extend the season for those that get knocked out.

LFC73's Reply:..

Hey there. I take it that its the N-Euro Championship.

First off, yes I did go to CL format, which we ran for 2 seasons. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it, and we only reverted back to regular type League for the current season, cos I was stuck on an uneven number of teams.

The first season I ran it we had 2 Groups of 8 with the top four going through to the play offs. The play offs are run over a straight knockout from QF to SF to Final. It is a little boring for the teams who don't make it I guess, but I ran a secondary competition for them with a VIP prize up for grabs, so it kept them interested.

A great example of what can happen, was that my team finished 4th in its group, but went on to make the final which I lost on penalties! So the exciting thing about it, is that there is no given when you get to the knockout stage.

For the 2nd season, I recruited 2 more players and ran 3 groups of 6. Some of the guys didn't like the shorter group format, but they got over it. The exciting factor of this though was that the top 2 from each group went through, with the 2 best 3rd placed teams making up the final 8. Got quite exciting amongst a few teams towards the end of the group stages.

The only strange thing I found, particularly in the first season, was that when the QF draw was made, we had a couple of ties between teams from the same group, which was a little disappointing. I don't know why this happened, but thats the way it worked out.

As you guys have 30 teams in your League, there are quite a few options open to you. You could get 2 more players in and go for 4 groups of 8, or even 8 of 4, but that would be a VERY short season. And I don't think there can be a round of 16 from 32 teams. Don't quote me on that though, it would pay to check that out with Xpert.

As you stand with 30 teams if you went for 4 groups, you would end up with 2 x 8 and 2 x 7. The change over from the season just ended would put the top 4 as number one seeds, with 5th to 8th as 2nd seeds and so on down the whole League. From memory, I think as your team got promoted, you would be ranked as 9th overall, with the 3 teams that got relegated from the Elite League dropping ranking slightly. It doesnt really make much difference to be honest, as all the groups are evenly matched out according to how they finished this season.

Your Admin can play with the format when setting it all up, because you could have 5 groups of 6, or 6 groups of 5, whatever you like really. Would make it quite exciting for the teams fighting for possible qualification from 2nd spot.

One final thing you may want to check out. I have seen a rather large CL League that has like 4 "CL" groups, and 4 "League" groups. 2 teams from each CL group get relegated each season, while 2 from each "League" group being promoted to the CL groups. This seemed like a great format to me, as it gives interest amongst ALL the teams through out the entire League. Because you have to admit, that the weaker teams are going to have absolutely NO chance of qualifying for the play offs.

It would well be worth checking this out with Xpert, as you guys could easily pull it off with 30 teams. If its possible, you could have 2 CL groups of 8 each, with 4 qualifying for the play offs, and 2 being relegated. You would then have 2 groups of 7 fighting it out for promotion to the CL format. This however, would be of most benefit if you were to carry on with a CL format. I am hoping to eventually do this with my League.

As for a one off, when you revert back to a straight League format, the new Divisions are created as to how each team finished in the overall CL season. Again it depends on how many groups you set etc. as to where teams get placed. And finally, shorter season do not have any impact on teams developments. DV and AF just increase more rapidly, depending on how you train/play your players of course. The one thing though, is that the teams that make the playoffs obviously get more match time and DV for their players.

Oh, and one final thing, when the group stage has been completed, money is paid out to group winners and second place, and all the goal scoring, assists etc are also paid out then. Once the playoffs stage has been finished, the overall winner gets more prize money, as do the runner up and the 2 losing semi finalists.

Right, sorry for the long winded reply, but I hope that covers most of it for ya, and don't hesitate to get back to me if you have any other questions.

In closing, I really loved the CL format, and as I said, so did most of my players. Many of them were kinda disappointed when I went back to a League system, but I will be bringing back the CL as soon as I can!