Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

bryanee

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Wonder Woman? By virtue of being one of the three most powerful beings on the planet, she would be drawn to the other two.

Also, because she's the Goddamn Wonder Woman. Daughter of Zeus. God of War.

WW35-SMP-1.jpg

Babe.

WW_Cv8_sadjfhkgsdf792361.jpg

Edited by Daft

Who cares about Wonder Woman. I just can't really believe my eyes that we're getting an established Batman. It's crazy. It feels like we've got Batman from the Arkham Knight. Or from the Animated Series. Or even, dare I say it, from the comics. He has a history, there's a Robin that was killed by the Joker in there. Placing Wayne in Metropolis during the last movie is sheer genius. I honestly never expected to have my hype ranked up a level like this but... wow.

Because she's fucking awesome and it's about time she was on the big screen?

That as maybe, but she should have her own origin film before being shoehorned into an established franchise crossover.

Its like blackwidow and hawkeye in the Avengers, just kinda pointless... and thrown in.

That as maybe, but she should have her own origin film before being shoehorned into an established franchise crossover.

Its like blackwidow and hawkeye in the Avengers, just kinda pointless... and thrown in.

To be fair, Black Widow was in Iron Man 2 first and Hawkeye was in Thor.

Personally I still think they are rushing things a bit to get a Marvel level movie universe going quickly but if it works out then I dont mind.

Wonder Woman is the female superhero. Granted most people may not know of her origins, but most people know who she is and the importance she plays in comics (I want to say DC, but a lot of people may not know the difference). It's like a teaser for her own film.*

I still don't stick to this "need an origins story" first mentality.

*part of me still thinks that in spite of the success of female-led films, Hollywood is unsure about them so is still dipping their toes.

Edited by Ashley

I had a very interesting weekend. I went to see two friends of mine in Brighton who had never seen Man of Steel. No real reason either, but I don't think either really thought of Superman much as a character, as in he isn't as interesting as other super heros or vigilantes or whatevaaaah.

We ended up watching it. On the world's tiniest widescreen with the tinniest sound, barely about to hear much of the dialogue so having to resort to subtitles...and they still both loved it. Particularly Cavill's portrayal as Superman, the motivation behind Zod being the way he is, the acting, the action, basically everything.

We then spent the rest of Sunday just watching the comic-con trailer for this film and the reactions to it, analysis of it, etc. Needless to say, we've now vowed to meet up and watch this when it comes out.

I think it looks fucking awesome. Watching Man of Steel again reminded me of just how good the action was, but also the story telling behind it. It's a great story at its heart and I hope that we get the same thing again here.

There were a few uncomfortable bits watching Man of Steel again though, notably during that last battle and also when Zod initially contacted Earth through that transmission...I'd forgotten just how great that appeared. My friend did think it was quite scary...she was really into it. But also the fight scenes at the end are very reminiscent of 9/11, particularly the shots of the people on the ground level, the smoke, dust, people trapped...I found that a bit more difficult to watch this time around once I saw how my friend's reacted to it, which in turn added to the power of that scene. It's pretty terrible the more you think about it: an alien living amongst the people for so long, and then more of them turning up, essentially holding the world to ransom and destroying an iconic city in a battle where blatantly numerous people perished. I'm so glad that they're going to seemingly address this in the next film...and I'm even more excited to see how Bruce Wayne's story ties into it, particularly some of the clues that were dropped in that trailer.

I still don't like the idea of anyone but Grant as Flash, the whole flip fop can be in both, can't be in both thing is really grating me lately, especially with news that the next Season of Gotham will heavily rely on the Joker, which is it? small screen/big screen only? or random case by case can be both?

I personally don't see why they can't cast Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin as the Arrow/Flash in the movie universe too, but not the same characters from the tv series - do separate universes , Earth 2 and Earth 616, then they can feed off each other but be separate

I'm getting increasingly stoked for Afleck's Batman and seeing how he does this, so far he looks the best translation of Batman to the big screen just by the way he moves and operates, its very much like the comics

I'd rather they be different. If they were forced into the same universe, there just wouldn't be a Flash TV series. We wouldn't be getting Legends of Tomorrow. Arrow would have had to have unrealistically dealt with the events of Man of Steel for three years between its release and BvS. It just sounds so convoluted.

I think it's much better that each medium represent its own universe; animated shows; videogame (and then within videogames - Arkham Games versus Injustice); comics; movies; TV; hell, even the animated movie universe is different.

I'm a massive fan of DC's focus on "canon" over "continuity". Gives all their characters a sense of identity that is constantly changing and fluid, like any real identity.

I hate the idea of a homogenised universe.

I only wish they'd commit to that idea themselves. Flash seems to be the first to break a longstanding trend wherein they were somehow afraid people would get confused by multiple instances of a character. At which point they must've assumed one would be reduced to a blubbering wreck on the floor, no longer able to subscribe to anything made by DC or Warner Bros. Action figure sales would plummet, stocks would crumble.

Hence that horrendous Smallville finale and ten years of suit-related cockblocking.

Edited by Shorty

Yeah, their trepidation with regards to mentioning the big three on TV is weird. We've had one explicitly mention of Bruce Wayne on the Flash but nothing since. Kind of forgot about that. Hopefully Supergirl will actually vomit up superman at some point. I kind of suspect not...

I guess it's a balancing act. I'd say it was almost perfect now but, yeah, Smallville and even the absence of Bats/Supers from Supergirl/Flash is a little weird since we know they exist.

And imagine, with George Miller's Justice League movie almost being made a few years a go we came incredibly close to having two live-action movie Batmans. That would have been weeeeird.

I guess it's a balancing act. I'd say it was almost perfect now but, yeah, Smallville and even the absence of Bats/Supers from Supergirl/Flash is a little weird since we know they exist.

Well...

They are introducing Lucy Lane as Jimmy Olsen's ex. Slowly but surely...

Does it need spelling out :/ they're good, but they're not movie stars. Amell is often wooden as fuck.

Hate to admit it but yeah, my real gripe is....

I only wish they'd commit to that idea themselves. Flash seems to be the first to break a longstanding trend wherein they were somehow afraid people would get confused by multiple instances of a character. At which point they must've assumed one would be reduced to a blubbering wreck on the floor, no longer able to subscribe to anything made by DC or Warner Bros. Action figure sales would plummet, stocks would crumble.

Hence that horrendous Smallville finale and ten years of suit-related cockblocking.

Well that! why can't they exist on TV AND in the movies? what do they think will happen if they mention Batman or SuperMan, or better yet have them actually appear on the shows? blubbering wrecks like you suggest?

and its the double standards that they allow some but not others that confuses it so much more - case in point Harley was 'shown' in Arrow but then was removed from the table because she was going to be in the movies too.....and then Gotham can have the Joker......are they bipolar? yes you can have them, no you can't, yes,no yes no

uhh Batman could work so well on TV, Superman less so because he's just shit and overpowered

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!