NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Got mine when I was playing through MH3U, have since used it for Tekken, Sonic Racing, all of my VC/Wii U download titles that support it and most recently, the W101 demo.

Will definitely be using it for the full version of W101 too. :smile:

And when I'm not playing Wii U, my Pro Controller is still being put to good use on PC. Currently playing Just Cause 2 using it. :D

Yep, Pro Controller is amazing. :cool:

what software are you using to use it on PC?

what software are you using to use it on PC?
It's called WiinUPro.

It's a bit fiddly to set up (you also need a specific Bluetooth adapter/software) and it doesn't support rumble, but is still pretty cool.

Eventually I want to try and get my hands on one of these though:

http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W009.html

I had something similar for the GCN controller which was awesome.

It's called WiinUPro.

It's a bit fiddly to set up (you also need a specific Bluetooth adapter/software) and it doesn't support rumble, but is still pretty cool.

Eventually I want to try and get my hands on one of these though:

http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W009.html

I had something similar for the GCN controller which was awesome.

That adaptor look awesome! might try and buy one, i might check out the WiinUPro thing in the mean time, cheers

Edited by Agent Gibbs

@Fierce_LiNk(and others) what are you actually using your pro pad for atm?

Super Luigi U, Sonic Racing, Chasing Aurora, Trine 2, and any and all VC games!

I love the WUPC! Well, except for the lack of analogue triggers...

Edited by are1981

I find when I go back to my 360 (PC) controller it feels too small and my hands feel too close together... I think the same would be for the ProController.

What I got from that...

... the Wii U difference is acting like a moron.

Just ditch these adverts. Can't believe they're paying for these.

Somebody got paid to think up that idea and somebody else got paid to authorise it.

Think on that.

Honestly, the shonkiest bit of marketing I've ever seen. You can tell Nintendo have really skimped on their marketing budget. I bet this has the same budget as a single Xbox email.

Also, you know you're in trouble when your still pushing Assassin's Creed III when AC4 is only a few months away.

r/cringe worthy.

Edited by Daft

Honestly, the shonkiest bit of marketing I've ever seen. You can tell Nintendo have really skimped on their marketing budget. I bet this has the same budget as a single Xbox email.

Also, you know you're in trouble when your still pushing Assassin's Creed III when AC4 is only a few months away.

r/cringe worthy.

All the games they promote in that ad are cringe worthy.

The eShop games were all launch titles... and the Virtual console games are basically some of the only few on there... and the same ones that get shoved on to every Nintendo Virtual console.

The adverts just feel like a lie.

Rufus Hound also looks weird without facial hair. That's probably what bugs me most.

Well, it made me want a cheese sandwich and not the product they were advertising. :/

Urgh.

If you're trying to sell the console to people that don't have it, don't just mention game titles without showing what the hell they are. Is an average person likely to know what The Cave is? And a pessimistic part of me feels that some people won't understand the VC are old titles and if you go into Tesco asking for the DK title you won't get what you were expecting.

Plus, the retail games are all at least five months old.

And let's not even mention the awful animation.

I'm convinced that, as a forum, we could make a better advert for the system than Nintendo can. I'm sure of it.

Well that was crap. Money well spent, Nintendo...not.

I'm convinced that, as a forum, we could make a better advert for the system than Nintendo can. I'm sure of it.

Actually a very good idea. Although...is there really a "Wii U difference" to advertise, I mean in the positive sense?

I don't understand. The Wii U has some great things going for it, first of which is an online community that is actually a nice place to be.

There's a great article on gamesindustry.biz by Rob Fahey about how Nintendo might actually be looking to essentially ignore the Wii U until they can lower the production costs and start trying to sell it properly then. It's a bizarre article but it does kind of make some Nintendo sense.

Frankly I'm tired of the rhetoric.

Completely agree.

With all the positivity around on this nintendo forum we will be able to sell the system!!

Wow I didn't think the next Wii U difference could be any worse but I was wrong. What are they thinking? Are they on drugs or what? If I didn't know any better I'd swear a Microsoft/Sony mole gotten into Nintendo and has convinced them that this dribble will help right the ship. It's embarrassingly bad.

Actually a very good idea. Although...is there really a "Wii U difference" to advertise?

Well there is this:

It's a bizarre article but it does kind of make some Nintendo sense.

A video series in which we explain "Nintendo isn't like all the other kids, but that's okay. You just have to smile and nod at them sometimes when they talk cray cray".