N-Europe

Cube World

drahkon

CubeWorld.png

Cube World, a voxel-based exploration RPG.

If you want more information, just click the link. The homepage is made really, really well.

Just started it, might not put more time into the game today, as I'm very tired.

Here are some pictures of my first 5 minutes, though:

This is me, drahkon. Yes, I am a Frogman :D

Frogman.jpg

After 5 seconds, I shit you not, this beast came into my view. :hmm:

Perfect.jpg

I ran, obviously :(

When I found a safe spot, I checked the map:

Map.jpg

First objective: Go to the town marked on the map. And at some point I will tackle one of those "Daily Missions/Quests" displayed by two swords.

Look at those beautiful cherry blossoms :D

View.jpg

Beautiful.jpg

For me this is everything I'd want from Minecraft if it was a different game lol. I never got into Minecraft but love the graphical style and the idea of this world. Cube World is more in line with what I've want, an infinitely spawling world that has from I understand infinite guests. So many people playing it on twitch been watching and enjoying.

Cube World is more in line with what I've want, an infinitely spawling world that has from I understand infinite guests.

Yeah, that seems to be the most intriguing part (even though 'infinity' in games is at some point - after hours and hours of playtime - always equal to 'repetition').

What I'm looking forward to most, is clearing out dungeons with NE-people :p

Yeah, that seems to be the most intriguing part (even though 'infinity' in games is at some point - after hours and hours of playtime - always equal to 'repetition').

What I'm looking forward to most, is clearing out dungeons with NE-people :p

Yeah I noticed one of the videos I was watching had two people up and running together how many can it manage at once? Should be getting new laptop next week hopefully it runs!

This screenshot looks amazing:

adventure.jpg

Edited by flameboy

Have any of you found the separate download for multiplayer?

In the Cube World directory there should be "server.exe".

Don't know how this works, though.

Start the game, start "server.exe" and then use commands to create/join a server?

No idea...

Since my internet connection is crap, I won't be able to host, anyway :p

Edit: Wasn't too far off with my assumption.

1. Open "server.exe"

2. Start game

This should be all.

To join, you're supposed to do this:

1. Choose character and press "connect"

2. Enter IP address of host

Need to try this soon :p Anybody able to host?

Edited by drahkon

Did my first quest :D

'Kill the leader of the ruins'

After 9 potions I finally killed the beast, netting me "leftovers", which a guy in the town identified.

They were crappy bracelets for a mage, so no use for my ranger :(

But I think quests are the way to go for leveling up. Randomly searching for enemies pretty much always left me with no choice but to run away from monsters which are too strong.

Edit: Just played a bit, wanted to do a quest.

Castle.jpg

Unfortunately the boss is an asshole. Warrior or Rogue, no idea. He is strong as fuck and can create clones of himself which have less HP but still beat the shit out of you.

Used 25 potions (seriously), and couldn't beat him.

My pet sheep is also useless :D

Bought a hangglider only to find out that you need to have a special skill to use it :( So until level 4 or 5, the money I spent was wasted :p

Edited by drahkon

Based on the tech demo I think I will be okay, but are any of you with low graphic card able to play the game ok?

Well, no idea how 'powerful' my graphics card is, but it only cost me 80€ brand new, so it probably isn't very good.

The game runs fine, though.

Anybody wanna try some multiplayer?

Well, no idea how 'powerful' my graphics card is, but it only cost me 80€ brand new, so it probably isn't very good.

The game runs fine, though.

Anybody wanna try some multiplayer?

I have no idea if this will work or not but im running server.exe now so try connecting to 86.175.48.219

Can you guys tell me a little more about the ownership of this? Do you buy a license?

I'm very interested in it but I'd be running it on the Windows partition of my Mac and am looking to go PC wards soonish. Will I be able to take it wid me?

Can you guys tell me a little more about the ownership of this? Do you buy a license?

You buy the game, and then have access to it via your account over at the homepage.

Can download it as many times as you want.

Whenever the game needs to be patched, you have to log in with that account via the Cube World launcher.

You buy the game, and then have access to it via your account over at the homepage.

Can download it as many times as you want.

Whenever the game needs to be patched, you have to log in with that account via the Cube World launcher.

Aha, thanks drahkon. Now all I have to do is wait until the servers stop getting chewed up.

Let's not kid ourselves here, this is definitely an alpha release. I've personally put my money on the table in hope this will become something special in a year or two. I also hope to have a better Windows machine by then since the game chugs like crazy on the Windows partition of my Mac.

in what is this game like in comparison to others? because i look at it and get a very Alttp/secret of mana/action rpg style vibe in a 3d Skyrim sized world...would that be a good assumption? if so i might have a go at this

Yeah kind of. Its basically just an open world rpg where you explore and once they are added will take on quests. I think at the moment its just missions and boss fights that are in.

So I think I came across this the other day via Kotaku, been meaning to actually find out a little more about it though. Is it essentially a prettier minecraft? I never played minecraft, only Terraria and hopefully soon to be Starbound. I'd consider this depending on the price and whether it's high spec/req, but I'm wary of too much money going on to these games and me never getting round to playing them!