Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2013/2014

Ramar

I still have PES 2011.. it's probably the best of the lot : peace: We should totally play some night :heh:

I've not played a better game of football, tbh. A lot of the FIFAs tend to be better graphically, but the precision with the gameplay is far superior with PES Wii. I never feel like I've got the same control when playing on a 360.

We should play, but I'll need to get some more practice in first.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not played a better game of football, tbh. A lot of the FIFAs tend to be better graphically, but the precision with the gameplay is far superior with PES Wii. I never feel like I've got the same control when playing on a 360.

We should play, but I'll need to get some more practice in first.

Yesterday was the only game of it I've played in ages. I've been trying to play other football games recently and they've been really bad :shakehead

I almost bought PES 2012 on 3DS the other night because it's only £1.99 on Amazon. I'll definitely get it if a few others want to join me.. :grin:

Wii? Xbox 360 over here! :heh:

Ah, I see you prefer the Scotland version of football of PES. Where you can only make simple short passes or hoof the ball up field. As opposed to the TOTAL FUTBOL Wii version, inspired by the Netherlands team of the past and Spainish team of the present.

You missed out, brah.

Ah, I see you prefer the Scotland version of football of PES. Where you can only make simple short passes or hoof the ball up field. As opposed to the TOTAL FUTBOL Wii version, inspired by the Netherlands team of the past and Spainish team of the present.

You missed out, brah.

Simple short passes? Where have you witnessed Scotland doing this?

Not quite mastered anything that requires the ball traveling less than 50 foot horizontally and vertically :heh:

I hate that so many English people bemoan international breaks. At least you have a team that is relevant during these breaks :heh:

Playing for pride gets boring after 10 years.

Nah the England team is the worst since Graham Taylor. No class or flair.

And Irelands final game of the 2014 World Cup Qualifiers ends in a 3-1 Win over Kazakstan.

Finished 4th in the group.... though somehow we still have a chance of being in the 2nd Seed Pot for the Euro 2016 Qualification draw (assuming Romania lose one of their play off games)... no idea how that works to be honest, I would have thought we'd be in danger of dropping to 4th seed pot :heh:

Hopefully we'll get a full time manager hired soon to start rebuilding the team for Euro 2016, don't have any friendlies set up in the near future, but I think there is usually some in Feb and May so when those are set up hopefully we'll be seeing the new manager in place in time for them.

Elsewhere looks like we had our first 9 European teams for teh World Cup next year

Group A Winners - Belgium

Group B Winners - Italy

Group C Winners - Germany

Group D Winners - Neatherlands

Group E Winners - Switzerland

Group F Winners - Russia

Group G Winners - Bosnia-Herzegovina

Group H Winners - England

Group I Winners - Spain

I'd like to tip my hat to Bosnia-Herzegovina on winning their group, think this will make 2014 their first World Cup and I think their first ever tournament as I don't think they've ever been to a Euros before either (someone correct me if wrong there) so wishing them luck in Brazil next year.

2nd Place Teams going to play-offs are (assuming I've worked out the "Top 8 2nd placed teams" right... I haven't seen any confirmation of this yet but I think I'm right)

Group A runners up - Croatia

Group C runners up - Sweden

Group D runners up - Romania

Group E runners up - Iceland

Group F runners up - Portugal

Group G runners up - Greece

Group H runners up - Ukraine

Group I runners up - France

With poor Denmark who finished 2nd in Group B being the "worst 2nd place team" and miss out on a playoff spot.... always find that harsh on the "9th runner up" they should give Europe 14 spots and give an auto qualification to the best runner up with the other 8 going to playoffs haha. :heh: (Don't know where they'd get that extra spot from though.... take away one of the intercontenental playoffs maybe :heh:... or increase the number of qualified teams :heh: haha)

Well done to Scotland too on beating Croatia today and Wales on a draw with Belgium and Northern Ireland got a draw too today

EDIT:

Just realised I'll be having to set up the temp World Cup board again soon :D

Edited by Mokong

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!