NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Just finished 2 cups and the lack of map and opponents on screen is already a major issue for me. I can see this being a bigger problem on later difficulties as you cant manage your item very well in relation to where your opponents are or what they have to fire at you.

Very bizarre decision to take it off screen.

It's kinda like old-school Mario Kart?

Seriously, though. I can understand your frustration, but I never found myself looking at the bottom screen on DS or 7. So I guess I'm not gonna miss it.

It's kinda like old-school Mario Kart?

Seriously, though. I can understand your frustration, but I never found myself looking at the bottom screen on DS or 7. So I guess I'm not gonna miss it.

It's not really needed on 50cc or 100cc but once you crack up to 150cc and Mirror Mode I found it essential to see what was coming my way in order to earn 3 star ranking. Seeing when an opponent had a blue shell and then slamming the breaks on was vital. :D

It's not really needed on 50cc or 100cc but once you crack up to 150cc and Mirror Mode I found it essential to see what was coming my way in order to earn 3 star ranking. Seeing when an opponent had a blue shell and then slamming the breaks on was vital. :D

As someone who has 3-starred everything on 7 (I feel your pain!), I can't really agree.

Sure, it helps a bit. But I still didn't use it consistently.

But perhaps it'll be a case of "Don't know what you have until it's gone" for me. I can't really say much until I play the game for myself.

IT'S HERE :bouncy:

The postman arrived while I was making lunch so as soon as I scoff this burger, it's Mario Kart time :yay: I've been singing the theme tune all afternoon :red:

Ow ow ow!

Hand cramps just as bad as on MK7 on 3DS when using the GamePad. Thank heavens for the Pro Controller.

As someone who has 3-starred everything on 7 (I feel your pain!), I can't really agree.

Sure, it helps a bit. But I still didn't use it consistently.

But perhaps it'll be a case of "Don't know what you have until it's gone" for me. I can't really say much until I play the game for myself.

It's a case of agree to disagree then. :)

I don't think you will miss it though if you never really used it in the first place.

Ow ow ow!

Hand cramps just as bad as on MK7 on 3DS when using the GamePad. Thank heavens for the Pro Controller.

Does the game still show whether someone is using the Wii Wheel or not?

Because I use the Wii Wheel all the time! And I want everyone to know it.

Nothing for me at home just yet. I think the post would have arrived by now though if anything was coming.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Just done the retro Rainbow Road. I had a massive cheesy grin on my face while racing. The track is pretty different but I just love the music. :D

Seems the postman did arrive here this morning, just without Mario Kart 8.

ad-charliebrown.gif

ad-charliebrown.gif

Meanwhile, somewhere in London, in a postman's home...

"hey kids, look what I brought back from work!"

Meanwhile, somewhere in London, in a postman's home...

"hey kids, look what I brought back from work!"

(cont'...)

"But why doesn't it work on the Wii?"

Nothing for me at home just yet. I think the post would have arrived by now though if anything was coming.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Are you still living in the usual place? Our mail is sorted in the new mega centre in Hemel Hempstead industrial estate if I remember the new postcodes they sort correctly, and they've been fucking slow lately so I imagine things are going to get held up more often from now on..

Does the game still show whether someone is using the Wii Wheel or not?

Because I use the Wii Wheel all the time! And I want everyone to know it.

Yes, it does tell you if you are more awesome than the rest.

NNID is Tahles. Add me!

Edited by Tales

The Wii Wheel feels like you're controlling your character with a block of butter as opposed to a reliable input. Fuck that.

Are you still living in the usual place? Our mail is sorted in the new mega centre in Hemel Hempstead industrial estate if I remember the new postcodes they sort correctly, and they've been fucking slow lately so I imagine things are going to get held up more often from now on..

Oh man, yeah, still over in Watford. Thanks for the heads up! Fingers crossed for tomorrow, but that news doesn't fill me with much hope.

Guess I'm continuing to tackle Champion Road tonight.

ad-charliebrown.gif

This is from Arrested Development right?

Well well well, what do we have here...

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/29/it-looks-as-though-namco-bandai-helped-out-on-mario-kart-8/

A rather familiar name appears in MK8's credits... ;)

Seems like Nintendo really will be keeping their code monkeys on speed dial for all of their EAD Wii U games from this point onwards (As I had suspected before... :awesome:)

Edited by Dcubed

Well well well, what do we have here...

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/29/it-looks-as-though-namco-bandai-helped-out-on-mario-kart-8/

A rather familiar name appears in MK8's credits...

Seems like Nintendo really will be keeping their code monkeys on speed dial for all of their EAD Wii U games from this point onwards ;) (As I had suspected before...)

I just noticed this as the credits went up. Very cheeky. :D

Just finished 50cc and half of 100cc, before doing a few time trials. I've jumped back on Titanfall to give myself a bit of a break. :D

Some of the new tracks are amazing, especially the one in the clouds. The way the music changes and then the Galaxy theme hits....dem feels.

An unprecedented second appearance from the postman brings me my copy:

Bo0BtZmIEAAQ1He.jpg

This is from Arrested Development right?

yep :)

NNID is Tahles. Add me!

Sure, why not?

But I'm warning you now. I don't have reliable internet connection where I live, and can only get my WiiU online when I leech off of my cousin's Wi-Fi.

The Wii Wheel feels like you're controlling your character with a block of butter as opposed to a reliable input. Fuck that.

Each to his own and all that, but I played way better on Wii with the wheel than any other controller. So I'll still be bigging up the wheel.

Bo0BtZmIEAAQ1He.jpg

Hey look, I can see my avatar from here!

(Also, you're making the unlucky ones jealous)

Edited by Glen-i

Played through all the courses, including some on 2 player, and it's just a joy :)

Bo0BtZmIEAAQ1He.jpg

God bless us, everyone! :D

NNID is Tahles. Add me!

Sure, why not?

But I'm warning you now. I don't have reliable internet connection where I live, and can only get my WiiU online when I leech off of my cousin's Wi-Fi.

So basically, he'll be online all day tomorrow ;)

Oh and WII WHEEL 4 LYFE!

I'M EXCITED! I AM GOING TO USE THE GYRO! I'M EXCITED! ;)

Edited by Dcubed

Dear Adam,

Thank you for placing order, number 39810222 with Nintendo UK Store.

You will have recently received your dispatch confirmation detailing delivery of your Mario Kart 8 product on or before the 03/06/2014.

We’re sorry for any confusion that this may have caused. However, we are delighted to inform you that your order for Mario Kart 8 has been dispatched on a next day delivery service.

We expect delivery of your order to be made tomorrow on the release date 30/05/2014.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact a member of our customer support team via your Nintendo UK Store online account.

Many thanks,

Nintendo UK Customer Support

I retract my earlier rage.... Still feel I'm getting it late now every bugger else has it.