NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Looking at the screenshots, it still looks fake. I literally did a double take at it!

I love how silly it looks! I'm actually hoping it's suited to my play style so I can use it and not suck.

Here's a thought, maybe that Mercedes would make a good car for the Mii?

I mean what better for a representation of you than a normal car?

Any shopto orders turned up ?

And had there been any Movement on the nintnedo uk store orders ? My limited edition has still not shipped .

Been sat here refreshing my email all morning but I just got the email from Nintendo saying it's dispatched :D Been shipped with Yodel, should be getting it tomorrow :)

My shopto order arrived 45 minutes ago. It's boooootiful! And very fun so far too, obviously. Although 50CC seems even easier than normal!

Been sat here refreshing my email all morning but I just got the email from Nintendo saying it's dispatched :D Been shipped with Yodel, should be getting it tomorrow :)

I presume they are dispatching on a first come first served basis - at least I'd hope so (even though that puts me near the bottom of the list :().

on that basis f00had.. may I ask when you placed your order?

I'm expecting a Saturday mk8 delivery, but hoping my dispatch email is minutes away to open a possibility of a Friday delivery!

Edit - also anyone else who ordered from Ninty store and got a dispatch email...

Edited by Pestneb

My mum text me - my ShopTo order turned up around 11am.

Also had the email from Ninty store to say my special / limited edition one has been dispatched too. :yay:

Damn, now I wish I'd had today and tomorrow off work! I had them booked - and cancelled them... :(

What is wrong with me?! :(

I love how silly it looks! I'm actually hoping it's suited to my play style so I can use it and not suck.

Here's a thought, maybe that Mercedes would make a good car for the Mii?

I mean what better for a representation of you than a normal car?

Is this some sort of Morthogenetic Field crap going on up in here? I was literally thinking the EXACT same thing! :o

So does this mean that the game will become Mii Kart again instead of Mii Bike this time? (Unless they play fairsies and give us a Suzuki Bike as future DLC of course ;) )

Edited by Dcubed

Jealous of everyone right now: my in-laws are staying with us from tomorrow over the weekend, so no MK8 marathons for me until Monday! And to think that @dazzybee is moaning that he has to wait until 00:00 on the actual day of release... ;)

:blank:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Similar situation here, I had completely failed to link the two together :( Friday midday onwards = no Wii U. It'll probably arrive a few minutes after them, and I'll have to content myself with looking at the box. I'm actually hoping for a Saturday delivery now, a day less of torture :(

Mercedes had SO much exposure at last weekends Monaco Grand Prix, it seems like they've missed a trick with regards to getting some promotion on the cars, or having some sort of Mario Kart Go-Kart event at the circuit.

merc-rosb-mona-2014-51-886x578.jpg

That was a decent song.

Nintendo really want people to buy this, huh?

I actually saw an advert on T.V. for it yesterday.

Imagine that. A WiiU game getting advertised on T.V. Amazing!

Only 1 weapon at a time ? What ??????

No bike wheelies ? WTF

Edited by yesteryeargames

Dang, my shopto order hasn't arrived

Don't worry me like this :(

Where's my bloody postman

Only 1 weapon at a time ? What ??????

Balance, my friend.

I've been forcing myself to close my eyes when selecting retro cups so I'm unaware what's coming. There have been some great surprises!

I've been forcing myself to close my eyes when selecting retro cups so I'm unaware what's coming. There have been some great surprises!

I love this idea! I don't know any of the retro courses in this game apart from one N64 one!

: peace:

Actually, that's quite clever.

I'm gonna do that as well.

(Shame the one I already know would have been one epic surprise, but... *shrugs*)

My copy has arrived, woo. Now I have to drag myself away from Watch Dogs.

I have Mario Kart 8 in my hand. Now to wait until later to play it.

I've cancelled my pre-order with Nintendo and will go and buy from a shop tomorrow. It's a disgrace that they can't even deliver their own games for launch day.

Mine has arrived, as is the T-Shirt. It's a bit baggy (when will they accept they have very thin fans :( ) but is pretty awesome

I presume they are dispatching on a first come first served basis - at least I'd hope so (even though that puts me near the bottom of the list :().

on that basis f00had.. may I ask when you placed your order?

I'm expecting a Saturday mk8 delivery, but hoping my dispatch email is minutes away to open a possibility of a Friday delivery!

Edit - also anyone else who ordered from Ninty store and got a dispatch email...

I pre ordered way back in March. Have faith, normally when I order from Zavvi (who the Nintendo store is run by) they send me a dispatch email around 3pm.

Just finished 2 cups and the lack of map and opponents on screen is already a major issue for me. I can see this being a bigger problem on later difficulties as you cant manage your item very well in relation to where your opponents are or what they have to fire at you.

Very bizarre decision to take it off screen.

I pre ordered way back in March. Have faith, normally when I order from Zavvi (who the Nintendo store is run by) they send me a dispatch email around 3pm.

I almost was tempted to follow ferrets lead and cancel my pre-order.. except the payment was taken 2 days ago, and the cancel option is absent on the site, so even if I did want to do that it's no longer an option!

Thanks for the heads up... an hour or so to wait then I guess!