NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Oh Mario Kart, I really missed you ff-ing me up on the last gp track. So glad to see you haven't lost your tricks :indeed:

More important than this game being released? Listen up people, this is the free game you all need, no must download unless of course you already own it. No excuses!

monster_hunter_3_ultimate_frontcover_large_Mi4OWmQ9QXrFxpf.jpg

Only possible selections I might accept are The Wonderful 101, The Wind Waker HD and Pikmin 3. Anything else and I will send Dire Miralis to hunt you down.

First cup, took out that blue shell. Amazing moment! :D

The game is stunning too. So slick. Everything fits together like a Swiss clock.

My childhood gaming never felt/looked THIS good...

wiiu_screenshot_tv_015qujl.jpg

I've created a Meet Up thread in the online board btw!

Will be opening a private lobby between 7:45 and 8:00pm.

---

Btw, when uploading time trial ghosts, must you always post to Miiverse?

Edited by welsh_gamer

I know there were characters to be had. If it's got an unlockable I'll go for it but if it's doing something like time trials just to learn tricks or shortcuts I don't bother.

*sigh*

Do you not like competing with your friends for the best times?

Do you not like competing with your friends for the best times?

Nah, not really. I've never been a time trial sort of person. I push myself to 100% games but never really against others. Probably because to get good times you have to practice and apply yourself but I would rather finish the game 100% and then move on to the next. Too many good games out there for me to stick to just the one. :D

How long are lobbies generally open for between games?

Nah, not really. I've never been a time trial sort of person. I push myself to 100% games but never really against others. Probably because to get good times you have to practice and apply yourself but I would rather finish the game 100% and then move on to the next. Too many good games out there for me to stick to just the one. :D

my fondest memories of smk incluyde my continual domination of my brother on time trial. He managed to pip me to the top spot on the odd occassion, but for the majority of tracks I managed to keep him off the top times list altogether :D

my fondest memories of smk incluyde my continual domination of my brother on time trial. He managed to pip me to the top spot on the odd occassion, but for the majority of tracks I managed to keep him off the top times list altogether :D

Yeah this was my youth too with my brother. Loved it! Would love to do the same with this!

How long are lobbies generally open for between games?

If it's just like the random games ( had a few earlier with welsh gamer ) it's about 30 seconds to a min long. People pick the tracks and the game starts. Probably can hold the timer in a private game I would imagine.

150cc actually keeps messing me up. It's actually a challenge. I both like and hate it

Got my email from Nintendo. It's going to be here tomorrow! Can't wait!

Got tomorrow off work, will be at the shop as soon as it opens at 9am :)

Gonna be going to my sisters house on Saturday then, might bring the Wii U with me :p

I thought I could be a big boy and deal with the fact this didn't arrive today, but bah, everyone is playing it and wahhh waaahhh waahhh.

I was expecting the handling to be very similar to Mario Kart 7, surprised how different it is. It'll take some getting used to, along with only being able to hold 1 item at a time.

I was expecting the handling to be very similar to Mario Kart 7, surprised how different it is. It'll take some getting used to, along with only being able to hold 1 item at a time.

I thought this too Mandalore.

Very different handling. Almost a little bit slippery, definitely not as tight as MK7.

Although I remember feeling the same from Mario Kart DS to Mario Kart Wii.

I really don't like playing with the game pad. Looking forward to my pro controller arriving to play with that instead.

I love tootin the horn at the start of the race repeatedly until the '3...2...1... go' shows. :D

Yeah, from first to 11th in a couple of races. MK is back and never changes lol

First online race and its a win lol.

But man it just feels dead without chat.

My copy didn't arrive today but I didn't expect it to be early. Tomorrow is the actual release day so hopefully it will arrive then!