NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I guess I'll be ol' fashion again and just go into a store and buy one.

This always works for me. Well...apart from Wii U games because no one around here seems to sell them

Yep, Friday and store. The Way It Is Meant To Be Done™.

Insane Details in Mario Kart 8 (Blue Shells & Goombas)

&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&fmt=22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">
&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

You're all lucky b's. Got my dispatched email, but will be very lucky to have it in my hands before the E3 presentation. Damn half-way around the world distances :heh:

"Where the hell is the postman?"

"I hate Royal Mail!"

"I remember when the postie used to deliver mail early in the morning."

"Where is it?"

"Why isn't there a tracking number on the parcel?"

"IT'S HERE!"

Just thought I would get this out the way for myself and everybody else. :D

The first DLC has been revealed.

This DLC is free and gives you a new car, a Mercedes!

l_5386c875f1cd0wruyf.jpgl_5386c874180b1bkuah.jpg

Edited by Serebii

That is neither the DLC Mario Kart fans wanted or deserved.

Still... it at least shows they can bring new content into the game, right? Unless this was already coded in and has been locked. Track, battle and character packs next please. Pls Nitedno.

That is neither the DLC Mario Kart fans wanted or deserved.

Still... it at least shows they can bring new content into the game, right? Unless this was already coded in and has been locked. Track, battle and character packs next please. Pls Nitedno.

It's free and a cool cross promotion

They're not going to announce huge DLC just before launch and make people feel like they're being screwed.

They're not going to announce huge DLC just before launch and make people feel like they're being screwed.

Who's gonna feel screwed? The kinds of people who claw at every little bit of new Nintendo information like us would surely be pleased at a commitment to delivering DLC content within the next few months.

Parents and regular players probably wouldn't care.

Who's gonna feel screwed? The kinds of people who claw at every little bit of new Nintendo information like us would surely be pleased at a commitment to delivering DLC content within the next few months.

Parents and regular players probably wouldn't care.

It's bad form to reveal paid DLC before the game is even out. It gives the wrong impression and makes people think they held back on content to get more money.

Nintendo: Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

It's not even the first time they have done something like this, yet people are acting like they are and that it's a horrible thing:

Callaway Tournaments in Mario Golf World Tour

Kawasaki cross-promotion with the two Wave Race games

Duracell and many others in the Pikmin games

Pretty sure there's more, too.

It's bad form to reveal paid DLC before the game is even out. It gives the wrong impression and makes people think they held back on content to get more money.

I guess with the current roster and battle mode being perceived as weak that could happen here, so fair point. It almost feels like a standard industry practice to launch games with DLC on the horizon these days, especially multiplayer.

Mario Golf had paid day 1 DLC announced before release, right? Wonder how successful that was and how it impacted the sales/reactions to the game. For me it was refreshing to see Nintendo trying something different with their games for better or worse.

Sorry for the derail. The free DLC car is neat, the commercial even more so.

It's not even the first time they have done something like this, yet people are acting like they are:

Callaway Tournaments in Mario Golf World Tour

Kawasaki cross-promotion with the two Wave Race games

Duracell and many others in the Pikmin games

Yes, yes I'm also reading the neogaf thread. :D

The first DLC has been revealed.

This DLC is free and gives you a new car, a Mercedes!

l_5386c875f1cd0wruyf.jpgl_5386c874180b1bkuah.jpg

Is this a joke? They must have read my quote yesterday about sports cars and the Wii U.

If there's a real world draw for a free Mercedes for all the purchasers of MK8 in each region then that would be nice.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

If there's a real world draw for a free Mercedes for all the purchasers of MK8 in each region then that would be nice.

It'd be something nice to throw the blue shell model at, at least...

I guess with the current roster and battle mode being perceived as weak that could happen here, so fair point. It almost feels like a standard industry practice to launch games with DLC on the horizon these days, especially multiplayer.

Mario Golf had paid day 1 DLC announced before release, right? Wonder how successful that was and how it impacted the sales/reactions to the game. For me it was refreshing to see Nintendo trying something different with their games for better or worse.

Yeah, and look at the backlash they received for that.

Did it? That's low if true and must be a first for Nintendo.

Nintendo Store dispatch email received, also dispatched via courier (yodel) with tracking number so very hopeful of the game arriving tomorrow :D

Nintendo are in a unique situation where they've revealed so much about the game that they can talk about DLC early.

Hopefully this DLC car either isn't selectable while online or is replaced with a generic car if you don't download it. I didn't expect to be submitted to advertising in a Mario Kart game. This is probably the worst thing that Nintendo could gave announced in regards to DLC.

Did it? That's low if true and must be a first for Nintendo.

The game had an insane amount of courses to begin with. The Day 1 DLC for that was fine.

Well that's... random as hell...

Not sure what to think TBH. On one hand, it's free and a pretty funny cross promotion, but on the other it does ruin the purity of the game by bringing real life stuff into it...

I suppose it's no worse than the Callway stuff in Mario Golf WT really, but it feels weirder here because it's such a well known brand.

I guess this is the start of Nintendo's "unexpected" IP licencing...

Edited by Dcubed