N-Europe

New Wii U Accessories and Bundle

Hero-of-Time

Wiimote battery pack and charging cradle.

BTgtS2o.jpg

GamePad Battery ( Nyko one still offers longer life )

tO1EaP3.jpg

NintendoLand Wiimote Bundle

yALxsrb.pngraBSdUI.png

White Wii U Premium Set

ZaCaJrm.jpg

The wiimote battery pack and cradle is long overdue and I will certainly snap one up if they arrive over here.

Bit weird of them to announce this out of the blue like this. I wonder if the announcement of the white Premium means that they're dumping the basic model alltogether...

I don't see the point of the Wii Remote battery packs myself. Why not just use rechargable AAs?

Also I do wonder how much extra weight that higher capacity battery will add to the Gamepad, considering that this is the reason why they left that empty space in that battery compartment in the first place...

Bit weird of them to announce this out of the blue like this. I wonder if the announcement of the white Premium means that they're dumping the basic model alltogether...

I don't see the point of the Wii Remote battery packs myself. Why not just use rechargable AAs?

Also I do wonder how much extra weight that higher capacity battery will add to the Gamepad, considering that this is the reason why they left that empty space in that battery compartment in the first place...

People who got the Nyko one, which is more powerful than this one, say the weight change is negligible

Seeing people on GAF complain because Nintendo clearly planned this and put in a cheap empty battery on launch just to get people to buy the more powerful one later

Aw, wanted a 32GB White console in the first place.

This is a bit more convenient I guess, easier to keep the charge topped up. Plus everything is better with a cradle.

How many hours does the bigger battery pack give?

Aw, wanted a 32GB White console in the first place.

This is a bit more convenient I guess, easier to keep the charge topped up. Plus everything is better with a cradle.

How many hours does the bigger battery pack give?

Assuming you mean the GamePad battery.

They say 5-8 hours.

The Nyko one has people saying it lasts 10+ hours, but Nyko batteries have a habit of overheating so I'm not comfortable with that

Yeah I did.

I'd prefer an official battery pack as well although if the Nyko one turns out to be reliable I'd consider it. I doubt I'd be using the Gamepad much longer than 5 hours without it being on the cradle anyway.

The reason not to use rechargeable batteries is they still need changing, and you need a few for rotation purposes, this means it's a full charge every time you use it.

A longer battery would be very nice on the gamepad. Might just wait though as I presume when we can buy the second gamepad it'll have the big one in.

Hmm well the fact they've now announced a white Premium pack means they may finally start making the white feet for the console to stand up!

Although I'm not exactly holding my breath as they haven't made the black ones available to buy stand alone yet, so more than likely they wont with these!

Liking these new announcements though - even if they are a little random!

well damn i'll be buying those rechargable sets! not sure how what to do with my gold wiimote though, might have to start colour matching paint and respray it, unless the release in multiple colours (which won't be gold since we are never getting that gold nunchuck )

Never had a play/charge for my wiimotes - had some rechargable AAs til I lost them and then ended up always just using alkalines - *might* be tempted by a couple of these dependant on the price though. Having a headache recently of leaving batteries in wiimotes and them just dying of their own accord even(or more so) because I'm not using them.

Never had a play/charge for my wiimotes - had some rechargable AAs til I lost them and then ended up always just using alkalines - *might* be tempted by a couple of these dependant on the price though. Having a headache recently of leaving batteries in wiimotes and them just dying of their own accord even(or more so) because I'm not using them.

QFT :hmm: