NEurope
D_prOdigy

Sonic Lost World (Wii U/3DS)

I actually agree...

Clearly I'm missing something as you're all loving it... but I don't see what that is :p

Frustrating.

It looks a bit clunky and meh. Momentum-halting slow platforming is painful to watch.

I'm loving the look of this, just seems different enough from the other 3D Sonic games that I've played to be interesting.

The game looks great and it is going to be great, unless SEGA go full retard.

But, I didn't like that trailer.

Nintendo Direct video:

Japanese cutscene

Thought the stuff shown in the Nintendo Direct was probably the best footage yet.

Sonic to save the Wii U?

In a twisted turn of fate, SEGA says that it hopes Sonic will be able to help revive sales of Nintendo's flagging Wii U with the release of Sonic Lost World this October.

Speaking in the latest issue of MCV, SEGA Europe president Jurgen Post explained that the console's slow start "is a concern. But I certainly hope Sonic can help".

"The Lost World might just be our best Sonic game yet," he continued, "it is one of the games that can help them. I saw Nintendo's briefing at E3 and it has a very strong line-up of games for Wii U. I think it's helping people think that things might change."

Post argued that Sonic was a "good fit" for Nintendo platforms, despite the rivalry between the two firms in the early 90s.

"Historically, Sonic games have always sold very well on Nintendo platforms, so it's a good fit," adds Post. "And Nintendo and SEGA have always worked together in a positive way – the first game Sonic debuted on after we stopped making hardware was a Nintendo platform."

Another game that im looking forward to getting my mitts on!!

SEEEEGA!

A special edition of this game has been announced. It's called the "Deadly Six Edition" and includes several levels and boss battles based upon NiGHTS Into Dreams

6982SLW_Play_Together_UK_with_DLC-QT_For_WEB_1280x720.mov_snapshot_01.42_2013.08.21_12.22.36-620x350.jpg

f8f5.png

I hate it when publishers pull this cut additional exclusive content pre-order crap. Just puts me off the game all together.

Edited by Dcubed

I don't know what's going on, but I'm slowly going off this. I can't quite place my finger on it, but it just doesn't look as exciting or vibrant as Colours. It's looking a bit washed out, imo.

Hmm.

I don't know what's going on, but I'm slowly going off this. I can't quite place my finger on it, but it just doesn't look as exciting or vibrant as Colours. It's looking a bit washed out, imo.

Hmm.

Did you play Sonic Generations?

Hmm.

!!!!!!!!!!

What ya on abaaaaaat!!!?

Looks like the best sonic in years this!

Did you play Sonic Generations?

Nah, I didn't play it. The look of it didn't seem to grab me.

!!!!!!!!!!

What ya on abaaaaaat!!!?

Looks like the best sonic in years this!

The trailers don't seem as lively as they initially did. We'll see as it draws nearer. :p

Nah, I didn't play it. The look of it didn't seem to grab me.

If you ever get a chance you should give it a try, best Sonic game in years for me.

If you ever get a chance you should give it a try, best Sonic game in years for me.

Colours is probably my favourite. I don't know what's happened to SEGA, they suddenly seem to be able to understand how Sonic is meant to be played in 3D.

Colours is probably my favourite. I don't know what's happened to SEGA, they suddenly seem to be able to understand how Sonic is meant to be played in 3D.

Im playing Colours at the moment. So far I think it seems ok but it hasnt hooked me like Generations did. There are Colours levels in Generations for you though.

Im playing Colours at the moment. So far I think it seems ok but it hasnt hooked me like Generations did. There are Colours levels in Generations for you though.

Might give it a go at some point, when I get through dis backloggg.

Colours just seemed great to me. That soundtrack, those visuals. Basically, the way to my heart is through trippy visuals and synthesisers. :awesome:

They got the Sonic formula right with Unleashed. However, in Colours they realised that the non-Sonic rubbish was the main problem with Unleashed.

They got the Sonic formula right with Unleashed. However, in Colours they realised that the non-Sonic rubbish was the main problem with Unleashed.

Agreed. Unleashed really had some good level design as well it's just the Werehog (and the overworld in the 360/PS3 versions) stuff overshadowed the rest of the game.

They built on and improved the formula with Colours and then Generations.

I like how they picked up on the main issue was running into things and stopping completely, interested in seeing how the new mechanic works out.

Still amused how they think grabbing a ledge is a huge innovation though.

Hope this doesn't have some stupid theme song, and sonic keeps his stupid mouth shut. Then I might buy it.

For some reason there's something about it that reminds me of the megadrive sonics, which is a good thing of course.

I am looking forward to this game, but I won't be getting it until Christmas. The sheer volume of Wii U titles that I'm getting the rest of this year is phenomenal, especially as I also have to cover XY in the interim.