NEurope
D_prOdigy

Sonic Lost World (Wii U/3DS)

I honestly wasn't expecting this game to look as good as it does, but those IGN previews....now i'm hyped for this! it looks awesome,and the mario galaxy influence in it is so welcome for me, 3D sonic's have just gone down hill after SA2, with generations being somewhat an exception.

I do wish we were getting a generation style retro sonic game, as i yearned for that after generations, but this has shown me that sega can if they try go a different route that could be just as awesome

when is it out?

So, I have never been a Sonic fan... but, I have to say, both of these games looks incredibly outstandingly remarkably Majestic! These might finally get me into Sonic!

How can you not like food based levels? :shakehead
haha, I never have really... I mean why would a level be made out of food? :p Have the characters shrunk now?... or why would there be giant food?... it just doesn't sit well with me strangely.

Regarding the food zones, I get the feeling that they are mainly there because food = looks good in HD. :laughing:

I don't mind food zones personally but they are by no means my favourite, I hope we see a chemical plant style zone in this but it probably won't happen due to being used in Generations recently.

That 60FPS off-screen video floating around from the E3 show floor looks maaaahhhtyy faaaihhhne, son.

It's crazy that i'm actually looking forward to this more than the next 3D Mario game.

Me too, it looks much better than SM3DW!

It's crazy that i'm actually looking forward to this more than the next 3D Mario game.

Me too, it looks much better than SM3DW!

Reminds me of this:

Admittedly the trailer did look good before E3, but if you’d told us even a year ago that a new 3D Sonic would be giving a new 3D Mario a run for its money in terms of quality and visuals we’d have looked at your quizzically and called you a rude name. But there’s no doubting it: Sonic: Lost World looks fantastic. Obviously heavily influenced by Super Mario Galaxy, it still retains a personality and feel all of its own – and without sacrificing any of the legacy of the older games. Sonic games have been getting better and better lately but this looks set to be the real breakout title.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/14/the-best-games-of-e3-2013-awards-for-best-graphics-best-publisher-and-more-3841098/

I'm still looking forward to Mario a bit more though. :) It was just a surprise.

Few more details about the multiplayer mode. Basically the Wii U is offline and 3DS is online.

NintendoWorldReport: "The demos on the floor are all single player. Can you discuss the co-op and versus multiplayer?"

Takashi Iizuka: "We'll have different multiplayer modes on both Wii U and 3DS. On the Wii U, there's booth cooperative and versus multiplayer. In cooperative play, Sonic will be using the Wii U GamePad and someone can be supporting Sonic in co-op with the Wii Remote. In versus mode, one player will be playing on the TV screen and the other player will be racing using the GamePad so you don't have to have split screen. You both have your own screen and can race each other. The Wii U multiplayer is not on the Internet. It's basically everyone sitting on the same couch. The 3DS for the first time we're having 4-player versus racing over Wi-Fi and the Internet."

Few more details about the multiplayer mode. Basically the Wii U is offline and 3DS is online.

OpoQQ.jpg

ddfdbe06acb34c26bc247a16274eeb9d.jpg

Giant doughnuts in the sky? Check.

Path made out of candy twizzlers (or whatever they're called)? Check.

Night time stages with no Werehog in sight? Check.

Game of the Year? Confirmed.

Seriously though, it looks great.

Ive not looked forward to a new sonic like this since the Megadrive days :-)

I just bought all the Sonic games on PC, booted up Generations and tried an Unleashed mod (all the great "Day" levels from Unleashed, on the Generations engine with improved graphics and gameplay). I'm itching for a new Sonic game.

Hopefully there's a good deal on the Wii U at some point. I needs this game.

Was the release date known before this trailer?

Haven't watched the trailer, but no. No release date until now.

October 22nd! :D

Niiice. That'll do lovely. 5 months after it has been revealed, the game will be on the shelves. I won't complain one bit about not having much info on Wii U games if we get more situations like this.

This game has looked amazing so far, and it's still my most anticipated Wii U title.

October release is great too.

Is this a release date for NA?

Edited by -Dem0-

22nd is a Tuesday, so yeah. US release date. We should get it roughly the same time though.

It looks good.

I'm not blown away yet though.

I personally much preferred the day stages of unleashed and the overall package of generations than I did Colours. And though this looks like a mix of both, it is more leaning to the style of colours - which I wouldn't pick to be honest.

Still, as a Sonic fan boy I will definitely buy it. I'm just not that hyped yet.