NEurope
D_prOdigy

Sonic Lost World (Wii U/3DS)

Out of all the games coming out on Nintendo platforms this year, this is easily my most hyped game. It really does look incredible, I have the Wii U version on pre-order and I'm downloading the 3DS version as soon as it goes up on the eShop. I don't get some of the hate for this game in places like the SEGA forums, though.

By the way S.C.G, is Super Sonic unlockable? The Chaos Emeralds were in the TGS trailer. If so, how does he handle? Any special moves he can do?

Edited by Wil348

Yeah, this takes the sting out of the DKCTF delay. Back when DKCTF and SLW were first announced in that E3 Direct video, I didn't have much faith in this game.

Now though? Yeah, I think this may be good substitute :)

Cannot wait for this! Looks absolutely amazing!

Whats the difference between the Wii U and 3DS versions?

I want the MegaDrive classics on the Wii U Virtual Console. Id buy them instantly.

I wonder if the 3rd Nintendo exclusive Sonic game will top Lost World....that is, if it's not a spinoff of course.

Smash Bros won't count as the third, it's an actually Sonic game made by SEGA....or maybe Dimps? 3DS exclusive Sonic game, maybe?

I'd say it's one of the best pre-order bonuses I've seen, purely because it's utterly useless.

By the way S.C.G, is Super Sonic unlockable? The Chaos Emeralds were in the TGS trailer. If so, how does he handle? Any special moves he can do?

For those who really want to know...

You unlock Super Sonic byt collecting EVERY red star ring, once you have collected them all in a particular area you get a chaos emerald, seven areas, seven emeralds; then once he is unlocked you can activate him in any main zone by collecting fifty rings and pressing the Chaos Emeralds icon on the touch screen, he seems to move faster than standard Sonic, is invincible to everything except falling off an edge... plus he's just generally 'super' as usual, the theme that plays in the background while you're Super Sonic is amazing.

:D

Plus...

Also for those of you who enjoy Time Attack mode, prepare for the challenge of your life! For the main story mode you just play for score but in Time Attack the rating system returns... ranging from E all the way up to S and if you want those top ratings then you really have to work for them, honestly I've only managed to beat the first set of zones so far, only by mere milliseconds each time... it's brutal! :D

: peace:

@S\.C\.G

I have not clicked on the spoiler tag thingy but I am guessing it has revealed the obvious.

:(

@S\.C\.G

I have not clicked on the spoiler tag thingy but I am guessing it has revealed the obvious.

:(

All I can say is yes it has... I guess. ::shrug:

If you've played Sonic Colors then you will have an idea of what to expect regarding that element. ;)

Something about this game isn't winning me over yet. And I don't know what it is.

I will definitely be purchasing it day one, but the more I see of it and expect to get excited - I don't...

I think my problem lies with the 'deadly' six, who look anything but deadly, but more than that it's the colours that I just don't want in the game.

I did like Sonic Colours but it's easily the worst 3d game out of the last couple of big ones (Unleashed, Colours and Generations). Not to say it was bad - as I enjoyed it, but I felt like I wasn't really playing a Sonic game. The colours broke the gameplay up too much for me and when I see them in action on the trailers for this my hype disappears a bit each time.

I dunno. I'm sure it' brilliant, and as I say it's day one for me, I just hope them colours can win me over!

I agree with everything up to the Colours point. I really want this game and am hyping myself up but... at the same time I haven't ever been blown away by any of the trailers or anything.

And on the subject of colours, it's actually my favourite 3D Sonic title, apart from the Laser. I fucking hated that thing. I dunno, I guess after Galaxy 2 I'd had just about enough of the whole crazy gravity thing and shooting to different platforms and even after all this time it still doesn't look like quite the right fit for a Sonic title.

I'm sure it will still be great though and I'll buy it without a doubt. And yeah, I share your thoughts on the deadly six. They just seem so... Skylanders-ish.

Ha see I didn't really like any of them! The spike was a bastard, the rocket was shit (especially that level where you're on the ground and just have to rocket up to the goal), the blue square / cubey one was a bit annoying and I didn't like laser much either! So all in all, I kinda wasn't the biggest 'Colours' fan haha.

Everything outside the colours in this game looks brilliant though, like could be best Sonic yet - so I'm gonna grab onto that!

I did like Sonic Colours but it's easily the worst 3d game out of the last couple of big ones (Unleashed, Colours and Generations).

I'm sorry but you made a huge grammatical error in your post. It's not possible to use the words Sonic Colours and worst in the same sentence. :p

Saying that, part of me wishes they didn't bring back the Wisp powers for Lost Worlds but if it's mainly for alternate paths/secrets I'd probably be OK with it.

I think the wisp powers can always be justified by the inclusion of... DRILL.

Man, that thumping music is reason enough to drill the day away. But yeah, the Colours abilities are very hit and miss. I thought they did a great job of giving variety to Colours but at the same time there certainly were some that could have been improved or left out altogether. I'd forgotten about that damn CUBE and remember one particular level where the cube drove me insane.

Can I just reassure people that the only 'Wisp' powers that made it across are the good ones - and that includes the laser ;) - plus the new ones are very well thought out, along with the refined mechanics you should have no worries on this front, the power-ups only enhance the game; it's easy for me to say I know as I've played it but I just wanted to put things into perspective a little bit. :)

I've achieved my goal on the game for today which is clearing the second set of zones in time attack mode, achieving the highest rank for each of them and as I mentioned before the times that they set a truly brutal for the most-part so it's great for anyone who likes a challenge. :D

The Asteroid wisp feels extremely floaty until you realise that there's a button for falling down quicker. That's the only one I had an issue with.

Hey Cube, with the 3DS version, how many times do you fight a member of The Deadly Six per zone? In the Wii U version so far 2 encounters with Zazz have been revealed (are there more S.C.G?), does this carry over to 3DS?

I'm happy that there's pre rendered cutscenes in the 3DS version, now I don't have to cringe at the ones from Generations 3DS.

Also, can you rev the spin dash or only charge it? I mean, can you tap the spin dash button multiple times to charge it quicker?

best thing I forgot to mention about wisps though? The announcer.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Hey Cube, what's the world map like in the 3DS version? Is it like the Wii U version with the mini hexes and everything?

Demo has hit the Japanese e-Shop. Hopefully we will get it tomorrow when our update hits.

Sonic fans living in Japan can download a Sonic: Lost World demo from the Nintendo eShop. Demos for both the Wii U and 3DS versions are available now in Japan, giving fans the opportunity to try the games before they're released.

According to NintendoEverything the Wii U demo features Windy Hill Zone 1 while the 3DS demo enables players to try out the Windy Hill tutorial and Windy Hill Zone 1 levels. Apparently you'll be able to bring your scores over to the final version of the game.

The Sonic: Lost World UK release date is set for 18 October. Would you like a demo to be released before then?

Oh you'll most definitely want to download the demo if the times etc carry over to the final game, also means I should have a little bit of competition finally for Time Trial mode ;) although it should be noted that still as of yesterday the leaderboards aren't 100% accurate or not quite up to date, there are only times for the first zone afaik but it's probably for the very reason of the demo hitting first. :)

Frakk it, I'm going to get on the game now, actually in the mood for time trials again!