NEurope
D_prOdigy

Sonic Lost World (Wii U/3DS)

Hey Cube, what's the world map like in the 3DS version? Is it like the Wii U version with the mini hexes and everything?

It's like a Super Mario World map, but made out of hexes.

If we do end up getting the demo this Thursday then you'll all have a reasonably decent time to beat [/modest] :heh: because as of a few moments ago I've just set a world record as my time for Windy Hill Zone 1 is at number 1 on the world leaderboard clocking in at 01:16.87 :D

Challenge me N-E! : peace:

Challenge me N-E! : peace:

You've had it longer to practice. :p

Checked out the 3DS demo. Gives you the tutorial and zone 1 of the first area.

Controls need a bit of getting used to as I was running all over the place a bit. The stage wasn't full 360 degrees like the Wii U version, don't know if that's specific to that stage or all of them.

The cutscenes looked terrible however, really low res so it was pixelated. Hoping it's just because the demo is compressed, can you confirm @Cube? Not a big deal for me anyway.

But no real complaints, the music is good, the controls work nicely once you get used to them (I'm sure) and was a lot of fun. Thought the camera might be an issue during one section but it was fine, so good stuff so far.

For anyone planning on going digital and wondering about the DLC:

You can also receive download codes for the additional level available in the Deadly Six Edition and five Black Bomb colour powers if you purchase Sonic Lost World from Nintendo eShop on your Wii U between 00:01 on October 18th and 23:59 on October 26th. Before purchasing you must first register your Wii U console with your Club Nintendo account, then log in to Club Nintendo after purchasing and check the banners to claim and redeem your free download codes on or before 31st December 2013. You can find out how to register Wii U in Club Nintendo.

For anyone planning on going digital and wondering about the DLC:

Do you think that this would maybe work for early review copies too? As it would save me the hassle of buying the Deadly Six edition, taking out the code and then selling it on minus the code. :p

Do you think that this would maybe work for early review copies too? As it would save me the hassle of buying the Deadly Six edition, taking out the code and then selling it on minus the code. :p

Dunno, it does say after midnight on the 18th. Maybe if you haven't done the survey it might work?

Dunno, it does say after midnight on the 18th. Maybe if you haven't done the survey it might work?

I haven't done any surveys in a while... so I guess there is a chance. :)

I haven't really played a Sonic game since Adventure 2 Battle (Also the only Sonic game I have played). Still unsure whether to buy this at launch or wait for a significant price job.

I did play the Lost Worlds 3DS demo at PAX Australia, I found the controls very slippery and not very enjoyable.

If you're getting the 3DS version I reckon you should wait for a price drop, Sega games always go cheap really quickly and it doesn't look that good compared to the Wii U game.

@S\.C\.G when is the review going to be put online?

When the embargo is lifted on Friday probably...

@S\.C\.G when is the review going to be put online?

When the embargo is lifted on Friday probably...

That's the one, Friday 18th October. :)

It does seem odd to have an embargo for the day of release but, thems the rules. ::shrug:

Makes me nervous when they have the embargo on the review until the date of release.

Are they hiding the fact that the game is not very good?

Can you assure me @S\.C\.G that the nerves are unfounded.

Makes me nervous when they have the embargo on the review until the date of release.

Are they hiding the fact that the game is not very good?

Can you assure me @S\.C\.G that the nerves are unfounded.

I can assure you that the game is amazing in every respect and while I can't tell you anything with regards to the score - you will have to wait until Friday morning - you can rest easy on that front.

It's the best Sonic game that I've played in a long time and I can't wait for everyone to finally be able to enjoy it! :D

In fact me and @Cube were talking about it for quite a length of time last night - sorry for abruptly leaving last night btw Cube I fell asleep as was tired and got disconnected again - so that should give you another indication of its high quality when you have two long-term Sonic fans chatting away about it through the night. :)

Edited by S.C.G

Amazon is preparing to ship my copy right now :D

Hopefully I'll get it early so I can have a head start at speed running..

Btw S.C.G, I've sent you a friend request on Wii au. Need some people to go against in time attack ;)

Edited by Wil348

I pre ordered with Amazon, and they dispatched my copy today. I also got 1 day delivery, so hopefully it will come tomorrow, if not, Thursday.

cancelled my pre-order.

review embargo pissed me off and there is not a chance in hell I am buying a sonic game blind.

cancelled my pre-order.

review embargo pissed me off and there is not a chance in hell I am buying a sonic game blind.

It really is worth buying on release, I agree that it does make it seem a bit suspect when a game company ensures that the embargo is as close to the release date as possible, but don't forget that quite a few other high-profile games have done it before and were still good titles.

Sega has definitely done well with this one, but I really can't say much more than that other than it's the best Sonic game I have played in a long time. :)

Shopto have taken payment for this game, I imagine they'll dispatch it tomorrow and I'll receive it on Thursday! Too bad I have work all day Thursday, should've booked the week off for it :(

Shipped! :D The first Sonic game I've ever pre-ordered (was way too young to pre-order the MD games), so this had better live up to expectations.

Colours and Generations were ok, but not great, however I have high hopes that the Wii U game will be the first truly great 3D Sonic game and as a long time fan of the classic MD titles (nay, a long time fan of SEGA as a whole!), this means a lot to me to see it finally happen.

Don't let me down SEGA!

Shipped!

The race is now on to see if I can get all the heart pieces, finish the figurines, get all the treasure maps and then finish the last 2 dungeons on Wind Waker before this arrives.