N-Europe

Wii U VC

madeinbeats

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I adore Final Fight. Much better than Streets of Rage. I used to play it constantly with my brother when we went to Blackpool for our holidays. Yup, even as a kid I was playing videogames in the arcades, instead of spending time outside. :)

Completely agree with you about this! Final Fight and, if I may say so, Double Dragon are the two best beat-'em-ups in my opinion.

I remember buying the GBA version on release day and then being bummed out at how I had paid full price for a very short game. :D

Yes, but it's still full length, isn't it? Apart from true arcade ports on things like Capcom Classics Collection, I thought the Mega CD and GBA versions were about the only two home versions that were the whole game.

Yes, but it's still full length, isn't it? Apart from true arcade ports on things like Capcom Classics Collection, I thought the Mega CD and GBA versions were about the only two home versions that were the whole game.

Yeah, it's just that these types of games tend to be quite short, even if they are the full versions. :heh:

I loved being able to unlock the Alpha costumes in this version. I was always a big fan of the Cody design from Alpha 3. Great, now I have the urge to play this and Alpha 3 now. :D

I loved being able to unlock the Alpha costumes in this version. I was always a big fan of the Cody design from Alpha 3. Great, now I have the urge to play this and Alpha 3 now. :D

Haha, I completely forgot about that! Now I want to play this again too.

Huh, this may be of interest to some...

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/super_street_fighter_ii_turbo_revival_gba

Seems that Capcom actually went in and fixed a bug that plagued the original western release of SSFTR; whereby you weren't able to fight Akuma at the end of the game like you were supposed to (you could do this in the Japanese version, but a bug was introduced into the western release that crashed the game whenever this happened).

Well that's nice to see them actually go back and fix that mistake :) (shame that it of course lacks multiplayer though)

The hell!? Why!? We're not due a Nintendo Direct till next month, so it's not that...

I mean, we've had a good run this past month, why slow down now? :(

If the NX release rumours/speculations are true then perhaps were on a wind down of releases for the WiiUVC? especially if they are trying to get some Nx platform VC titles ready for any NX operating system device before launch ::shrug: only possible reason i could think of, if we aren't due a direct

If the NX release rumours/speculations are true then perhaps were on a wind down of releases for the WiiUVC? especially if they are trying to get some Nx platform VC titles ready for any NX operating system device before launch ::shrug: only possible reason i could think of, if we aren't due a direct

Nah. Going by what Iwata has said, the NX should be based on the Wii U hardware; meaning that anything released for Wii U works out of the box on NX.

So getting these games out on Wii U now means that they're all ready to go on NX from day 1.

God I love Advance Wars 2 something FIERCE!!

It's my favourite in the series. Fixes the balance issues with the first game (no more hilariously overpowered Max!), adds tons of new content and features without becoming ridiculously overwhelming like its DS successor and has the most finely tuned campaigns of the series!

Probably my most absolute number 1 played GBA game. Only AW1 came close! :D

..adds tons of new content and features without becoming ridiculously overwhelming like its DS successor..

Hmm.. this intrigues me!

I had, and sold, Advance Wars: Dual Strike. I could never get into it, partly due to not having a huge deal of experience in this type of game, but also because I couldn't seem to completely get my head around it all :hmm:

Maybe I needed to give it more time, somehow, but having never played the GBA outings I was, perhaps, jumping in at the deep end ::shrug:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!