NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

I'd say the second is better, though. Less focus on mini-games, more on the action/adventure element. And, the battle system in that is amazing.

I loved the first one but didn't get around to playing the second. It's still sitting sealed on my backlog pile. :D

I adore Final Fight. Much better than Streets of Rage. I used to play it constantly with my brother when we went to Blackpool for our holidays. Yup, even as a kid I was playing videogames in the arcades, instead of spending time outside. :)

Completely agree with you about this! Final Fight and, if I may say so, Double Dragon are the two best beat-'em-ups in my opinion.

I remember buying the GBA version on release day and then being bummed out at how I had paid full price for a very short game. :D

Yes, but it's still full length, isn't it? Apart from true arcade ports on things like Capcom Classics Collection, I thought the Mega CD and GBA versions were about the only two home versions that were the whole game.

Yes, but it's still full length, isn't it? Apart from true arcade ports on things like Capcom Classics Collection, I thought the Mega CD and GBA versions were about the only two home versions that were the whole game.

Yeah, it's just that these types of games tend to be quite short, even if they are the full versions. :heh:

I loved being able to unlock the Alpha costumes in this version. I was always a big fan of the Cody design from Alpha 3. Great, now I have the urge to play this and Alpha 3 now. :D

I loved being able to unlock the Alpha costumes in this version. I was always a big fan of the Cody design from Alpha 3. Great, now I have the urge to play this and Alpha 3 now. :D

Haha, I completely forgot about that! Now I want to play this again too.

Huh, this may be of interest to some...

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/super_street_fighter_ii_turbo_revival_gba

Seems that Capcom actually went in and fixed a bug that plagued the original western release of SSFTR; whereby you weren't able to fight Akuma at the end of the game like you were supposed to (you could do this in the Japanese version, but a bug was introduced into the western release that crashed the game whenever this happened).

Well that's nice to see them actually go back and fix that mistake :) (shame that it of course lacks multiplayer though)

The hell!? Why!? We're not due a Nintendo Direct till next month, so it's not that...

I mean, we've had a good run this past month, why slow down now? :(

The hell!? Why!? We're not due a Nintendo Direct till next month, so it's not that...

I mean, we've had a good run this past month, why slow down now? :(

If the NX release rumours/speculations are true then perhaps were on a wind down of releases for the WiiUVC? especially if they are trying to get some Nx platform VC titles ready for any NX operating system device before launch ::shrug: only possible reason i could think of, if we aren't due a direct

I think this time they are going to have to make VC purchases cross generation. It seems way too short of a time to be charging yet again for the same games people have just bought.

If the NX release rumours/speculations are true then perhaps were on a wind down of releases for the WiiUVC? especially if they are trying to get some Nx platform VC titles ready for any NX operating system device before launch ::shrug: only possible reason i could think of, if we aren't due a direct

Nah. Going by what Iwata has said, the NX should be based on the Wii U hardware; meaning that anything released for Wii U works out of the box on NX.

So getting these games out on Wii U now means that they're all ready to go on NX from day 1.

The hell!? Why!? We're not due a Nintendo Direct till next month, so it's not that...(

Yeah... I wouldn't bank on that.

Oh? Why not?

Just feel they might either skip or delay the next one, that's all.

Just feel they might either skip or delay the next one, that's all.

I get that feeling too. Feels too soon since Iwata's passing.

Either way, we're definitely not getting one this month.

Star Fox Command – €9.99 / £8.99

Donkey Kong™ Jungle Climber – €9.99 / £8.99

Good week. Been itching to play Jungle Climber after being so pleasantly surprised by King of Swing! :D

Makes you wonder why they decided to release nothing last week instead of having one game last week and one this week? :wtf:

Star Fox Command is a really underrated game. I liked it so much I might pick it up again on the Wii U even though I'd rather have the DS games on the 3DS.

I think I'll eventually give both a go. I haven't played either of them before and like @Dcubed, I recently played King of Swing and really enjoyed it, and this one is apparently better so huzzah

This one took a while but here it is...

VC Weekly

content-4-34416-7.jpg

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

: peace:

God I love Advance Wars 2 something FIERCE!!

It's my favourite in the series. Fixes the balance issues with the first game (no more hilariously overpowered Max!), adds tons of new content and features without becoming ridiculously overwhelming like its DS successor and has the most finely tuned campaigns of the series!

Probably my most absolute number 1 played GBA game. Only AW1 came close! :D

..adds tons of new content and features without becoming ridiculously overwhelming like its DS successor..

Hmm.. this intrigues me!

I had, and sold, Advance Wars: Dual Strike. I could never get into it, partly due to not having a huge deal of experience in this type of game, but also because I couldn't seem to completely get my head around it all :hmm:

Maybe I needed to give it more time, somehow, but having never played the GBA outings I was, perhaps, jumping in at the deep end ::shrug:

Looks like Japan is getting Super Mario RPG this week. Hopefully, Nintendo has persuaded Square-Enix to license more than that, too.

Looks like Japan is getting Super Mario RPG this week. Hopefully, Nintendo has persuaded Square-Enix to license more than that, too.

Unfortunately, Square has published a lot of VC titles in Japan but none in the west