NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Looks like Japan is getting Super Mario RPG this week. Hopefully, Nintendo has persuaded Square-Enix to license more than that, too.

Aren't there already a few other S-E titles on the Japan Wii U VC? Hopefully they will start to appear on ours as well....

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) is now live on the Wii U eShop. £9 off Xenoblade Chronicles X's digital copy if you have it already

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) is now live on the Wii U eShop. £9 off Xenoblade Chronicles X's digital copy if you have it already

Huh!? That's random as hell! Why no announcement?

Surprised that they released it so soon after Xenoblade 3D too, considering how much cheaper it is.

Well! I know what I'm buying! Off TV Xenoblade, come to papa! :D

Huh!? That's random as hell! Why no announcement?

Surprised that they released it so soon after Xenoblade 3D too, considering how much cheaper it is.

Well! I know what I'm buying! Off TV Xenoblade, come to papa! :D

Gamescom announcement. You get £9 off Xenoblade Chronicles X on the eShop in the first two weeks from launch if you bought this

Gamescom announcement. You get £9 off Xenoblade Chronicles X on the eShop in the first two weeks from launch if you bought this

Yeah, just read it. Didn't expect them to do anything special for Gamescom at all!

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit miffed that they released Xenoblade so soon after the 3D one...

Feels like a bit of an "F you", actually.

Which version? (I'm guessing it's the GBA one)

Yeah GBA

The download list is suspiciously empty today. If last month hadn't happened, I'd say it's Direct time

Yeah GBA

The download list is suspiciously empty today. If last month hadn't happened, I'd say it's Direct time

Yeah, it's pretty crappy looking. Nothing but sales.

But yeah, last month tells me that it isn't happening now :(

Apparently there are more N64 games on the XBO (Rare Replay) than on Wii U VC :(

Does anyone think that we might see more as time goes on? Or are they focusing on NX compatibility now?

Apparently there are more N64 games on the XBO (Rare Replay) than on Wii U VC :(

Does anyone think that we might see more as time goes on? Or are they focusing on NX compatibility now?

Course we will. And chances are likely that everything being released on the Wii U VC will all be forward compatible on NX anyway (hence why they're focusing so much on the Wii U VC, while the 3DS VC is completely dead).

Crazy, aint it? What's even more crazy is that you get a bunch of them for around £17, all of which have been given a bit of a clean up, yet Nintendo are charging through the nose for a single game AND they are dark as hell. :shakehead

Course we will. And chances are likely that everything being released on the Wii U VC will all be forward compatible on NX anyway (hence why they're focusing so much on the Wii U VC, while the 3DS VC is completely dead).

Yeah 3DS VC was a bit short lived. Here's hoping the N64 VC line up improves, and I hope NX does them at 1080p just as Rare Replay does.

Crazy, aint it? What's even more crazy is that you get a bunch of them for around £17, all of which have been given a bit of a clean up, yet Nintendo are charging through the nose for a single game AND they are dark as hell. :shakehead

Yeah it's a bit of a joke tbh. I'm tempted to buy a XBO now!

I may be wrong, but I heard there are a crapload of issues with the N64 games on Rare Replay. Issues with it freezing, frame rate dropping like crazy etc.

Of course we'll see more. First party ones for sure, and maybe a couple of the third parties still close to Nintendo.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Yeah it's a bit of a joke tbh.

Tell me about it.

Seriously, the more this generation goes on, the more I'm starting to dislike Nintendo. I actually packed my Wii U up yesterday. I simply can't be bothered with their pants anymore. I think I may have reached that breaking point that many on here have already reached.

Tell me about it.

Seriously, the more this generation goes on, the more I'm starting to dislike Nintendo. I actually packed my Wii U up yesterday. I simply can't be bothered with their pants anymore. I think I may have reached that breaking point that many on here have already reached.

Just wait for the day when ExciteTruck2 (there was NO ExciteBots, right guysss, no European release, no care) or F Zero finally get made/released and we all come crawling back.

:'(

Tell me about it.

Why? Because one company makes a compilation of games and sells for cheap, with the N64 ones having issues.

Do you not believe you're taking it to extremes? Yeah there's a few things about the VC that I dislike and they have done wrong, but the quality of emulation is top notch.

Which would you prefer? Cheap but issues with emulation or more expensive where the games are emulated perfectly, although they have a silly filter on.

Edited by Serebii

Why? Because one company makes a compilation of games and sells for cheap, with the N64 ones having issues.

Do you not believe you're taking it to extremes? Yeah there's a few things about the VC that I dislike and they have done wrong, but the quality of emulation is top notch.

No. It's the accumulation of decisions during this whole generation that is turning me sour on the company. The prices and issues of the N64 VC games is just another mark against them.

Honestly, I'm tired of gaming droughts, tired of shoddy online features, tired of the lack of online multiplayer games. It's got to the point where I've just had enough and maybe it's time to realise that they no longer cater to my gaming needs anymore.

I find it sad/laughable that it's taken other consoles to allow people who are on a Nintendo site to actively chat and play together.

No. It's the accumulation of decisions during this whole generation that is turning me sour on the company. The prices and issues of the N64 VC games is just another mark against them.

Honestly, I'm tired of gaming droughts, tired of shoddy online features, tired of the lack of online multiplayer games. It's got to the point where I've just had enough and maybe it's time to realise that they no longer cater to my gaming needs anymore.

I find it sad/laughable that it's taken other consoles to allow people who are on a Nintendo site to actively chat and play together.

Biggest game of the year was online multiplayer. Next big game out has huge online features. They're not exactly shoddy either.

Besides, I play games for games. Are there droughts? Sure, but blown out of proportion. It's actually taking me back to retro things I missed like Donkey Kong '94 and Donkey Kong Jungle Climber. Their are games out practically every month, sometimes two or more a month. Hardly a drought.

Don't make excuses. Your love may be out right now, but I disagree with your premise for the lack of love.

Biggest game of the year was online multiplayer. Next big game out has huge online features. They're not exactly shoddy either.

I'm probably being retarded because of the sun, but I can't understand this. Might be the way it is worded.

What are you saying here?

WHAT SAY YOU

I'm probably being retarded because of the sun, but I can't understand this. Might be the way it is worded.

What are you saying here?

WHAT SAY YOU

Splatoon is a massive online game.

Super Mario Maker relies so much on online as well.

The online on Wii U is phenomenal (and free). It may lack voice chat, but the online itself, nor the implementation in games, is not shoddy

@Serebii No ability to speak to people = shoddy IMO.

Besides, why do you care if I'm moving away from Nintendo? I also don't get why you're trying to justify your own feelings towards the Wii U. Not once did I question them, I only stated that I've reached breaking point with the company.

Splatoon is a massive online game.

Super Mario Maker relies so much on online as well.

The online on Wii U is phenomenal (and free). It may lack voice chat, but the online itself, nor the implementation in games, is not shoddy

Cheers, I figured one game was Splatoon but I couldn't figure the other one that you meant.

@Serebii No ability to speak to people = shoddy IMO.

Besides, why do you care if I'm moving away from Nintendo? I also don't get why you're trying to justify your own feelings towards the Wii U. Not once did I question them, I only stated that I've reached breaking point with the company.

Because when we've lost you, we've lost one of pieces of the heart and soul :(