NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Tayto? Did he get them mixed up with Taito? :heh:

Got it in one! The crisp part, not the game company.

When you live in Central London for most of your childhood and then get carted off to rural (I'm talking "hour walk to the local shop" rural) Ireland, and are stuck with the poor man's version of Walker's for 3 years, it really sticks with you.

And because of the immense boredom, I ended up writing up a 3-page letter of complaint to Tayto, detailing the many, many reasons why they are nowhere near as good as Walkers. Which was not readily available in said local shop.

Gave it in to my English teacher for a laugh. (About the only good thing about being British in an Irish secondary school is that my essay writing was seen as a much higher standard than the average pupil)

She loved it! Said it was genuinely entertaining.

Then I actually sent it to the Tayto company. Never got a reply, but I like to think that I made a member of staff at least laugh a little.

Tayto Crisps are still vile though. The Prawn Cocktail in particular made me feel a little bit ill.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, I love complaining about things that don't really matter for the sake of comedy.

I suppose it's an early Monty Python thing (You know, the viewer letters)

81hu%2BJhaeXL._SL1500_.jpg

Simply seeing this made me want to type up a moany rant.

Now I can forgive the fact that these crisps are utterly bland. No, what annoys me is it's mascot.

You know, I couldn't honestly tell if it was meant to be a dragon or a damn crocodile.

SHUT UP! Of course it matters!

And don't even get me started on it's stupid tracksuit with sleeves that are far too big and wide for the torso! It looks like he just stitched two different pieces of clothing together.

And if that's true, then they clearly expect me to believe that that dragon/crocodile spends it's free time BLOODY KNITTING!

Reptiles don't knit!

Edited by Glen-i

When you live in Central London for most of your childhood and then get carted off to rural (I'm talking "hour walk to the local shop" rural) Ireland, and are stuck with the poor man's version of Walker's for 3 years, it really sticks with you.

And because of the immense boredom, I ended up writing up a 3-page letter of complaint to Tayto, detailing the many, many reasons why they are nowhere near as good as Walkers. Which was not readily available in said local shop.

Gave it in to my English teacher for a laugh. (About the only good thing about being British in an Irish secondary school is that my essay writing was seen as a much higher standard than the average pupil)

Then I actually sent it to the Tayto company. Never got a reply, but I like to think that I made a member of staff at least laugh a little.

Tayto Crisps are still vile though. The Prawn Cocktail in particular made me feel a little bit ill.

You still need to finish that follow up letter BTW ;)

But Glen-i, this is crazy talk. Complaining to Tayto about being sub-Walkers, when the real issue is that none are as good as Golden Wonder!

Also, Snaps are fantastic! The only reason to complain is that they no longer sell the cheese flavour!

So, so wrong. :shakehead

On topic: Are they going to release that crisps game on the VC? I forget its name...

But Glen-i, this is crazy talk. Complaining to Tayto about being sub-Walkers, when the real issue is that none are as good as Golden Wonder!

Also, Snaps are fantastic! The only reason to complain is that they no longer sell the cheese flavour!

So, so wrong. :shakehead

On topic: Are they going to release that crisps game on the VC? I forget its name...

The Cheetos game? We can have that only after they release this...

;)

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, I love complaining about things that don't really matter for the sake of comedy.

I suppose it's an early Monty Python thing (You know, the viewer letters)

81hu%2BJhaeXL._SL1500_.jpg

Simply seeing this made me want to type up a moany rant.

Why would you have a dragon as a mascot for a brand of crisps called 'Snaps'?

Why would you have a dragon as a mascot for a brand of crisps called 'Snaps'?

Ever heard of a Snapdragon?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antirrhinum

Still looks more like a Crocodile to me though... Except for that bloody tail. Throws me off everytime!

And for the record, Golden Wonders are not as nice as Walker's.

I'm more of a McCoy's man anyway.

Konami Krazy Racers this week

Downloaded it last night, have really enjoyed replaying this game. :)

While I don't think it's anywhere near Super Circuit in terms of quality and especially quantity (literally only takes an hour or 2 to complete), it's still probably the best SMK knockoff out there.

Worth getting though. It's a fun game and the soundtrack is amazing. :yay: Plus... (wishful thinking here :hehe:) could help send a message to KONAMI that we want more from their classic franchises. ;)

Hogan's Alley and Wild Gunman this week

Edited by Serebii

According to my list, there are now just 2 Nintendo published title for NES Virtual Console on Wii U left that can actually come out.

Just Gumshoe & Nazo no Murasame Jo left.

Edited by Serebii

According to my list, there are now just 2 Nintendo published title for NES Virtual Console on Wii U left that can actually come out.

You've forgotten VS Excitebike. It's out in every region except for Europe.

You've forgotten VS Excitebike. It's out in every region except for Europe.

Technically that's a Famicom Disk System game :p

Technically that's a Famicom Disk System game :p

True, but still :p

Speaking of which, there's also Clu-clu Land D (the FDS only expansion). That has actually been released outside Japan once before inside Animal Crossing.

As for NES, you forgot Kung Fu and Nintendo World Cup (not Nintendo made, but still Nintendo published games that could be easily re-released).

True, but still :p

Speaking of which, there's also Clu-clu Land D (the FDS only expansion). That has actually been released outside Japan once before inside Animal Crossing.

As for NES, you forgot Kung Fu and Nintendo World Cup (not Nintendo made, but still Nintendo published games that could be easily re-released).

Kung Fu actually is hit by licensing due to actually being tied to a Jackie Chan movie

What about Joy Mech Fight?

Japan only wasn't it? Could happen, has happened with Murasame and Earthbound, but it's not overly likely

NES

F-1 Race - Unlikely due to license

Kung-Fu Master - Unlikely due to the license (was based on a Jackie Chan movie)

Stack-up - Unlikely due to needing R.O.B.

Gyromite - Unlikely due to needing R.O.B.

Gumshoe

Nazo no Murasame Jo

Pro Wrestling

Slalom - Actually unsure about this. Was made by Rare.

Famicom Grand Prix: F1 Race - Japan Only

Famicom Grand Prix II: 3D Hot Rally - Japan Only

R.C. Pro-Am - Same as Slalom

Famicom Wars - Japan Only

Tetris - Licensing

Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir - Japan only

Cobra Triangle - Same as Slalom

Barker Bill's Trick Shooting - Licensing issues

NES Play Action Football - North America only

Snake Rattle 'n' Roll - Same as Slalom & Mattel Licensing issues

Pin-Bot - Same as Slalom

Nintendo World Cup - Japan Only

Time Twist: On the Outskirts of History... - Japan Only

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light - Japan Only

Fire Emblem Gaiden - Japan Only

Yoshi's Cookie - Massive Licensing Isuses

Joy Mech Fight - Japan Only

Total remaining eligible first party titles outside Japan: 2

Ehh... There's a fair amount of text in there, so unless they're willing to translate it, I doubt that it's a candidate for western release... (And it's not exactly in high demand like Mother 3 or the Fire Emblem games either...)

@Serebii You forgot to bold Nintendo World Cup, VS Excitebike and Pro Wrestling (forgot that Kung Fu was based on a license). So that's actually 5 1st party NES/FC/FDS games that could see immediate release in Europe.

Edited by Dcubed

NES

Slalom - Actually unsure about this. Was made by Rare.

R.C. Pro-Am - Same as Slalom

Cobra Triangle - Same as Slalom

Snake Rattle 'n' Roll - Same as Slalom & Mattel Licensing issues

All of these are in Rare Replay which likely seals their fate as never appearing on a Nintendo platform again I would have thought... at least not for the foreseeable future anyway. :indeed:

I finally solved my flickering gamepad screen, while playing N64 games. I had to search around Google for a bit but I found a solution to the problem the other week.

It had something to do with the power saving settings. For some reason this causes flickering on certain VC games, which explains why I never noticed it when playing on Wii U games via the gamepad. Some guy was having the same issue with Super Mario Bros. 2.

Anyway, I turned off the power saving mode and sure enough, the flickering stopped. I'm now able to enjoy playing N64 games on the pad again. :yay:

Oh @S\.C\.G...

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1126823

Well isn't that creepy timing? considering that we were just talking about TG16 games on the Wii U VC the other day ;)

It most certainly is! :o

I was reading about this earlier while the site was down, let's just hope that it really is the TG16 version and not the NES version because if it's the former - which it should be - then... :yay::yay::yay:

I finally solved my flickering gamepad screen, while playing N64 games. I had to search around Google for a bit but I found a solution to the problem the other week.

It had something to do with the power saving settings. For some reason this causes flickering on certain VC games, which explains why I never noticed it when playing on Wii U games via the gamepad. Some guy was having the same issue with Super Mario Bros. 2.

Anyway, I turned off the power saving mode and sure enough, the flickering stopped. I'm now able to enjoy playing N64 games on the pad again. :yay:

That's excellent news! :)

I'm so glad you managed to get it sorted, that information seems to tally as well because I turned off Power Saving settings when I first got the console but I never thought that would be the reason! ::shrug:

The only thing I've noticed in relation to the Gamepad brightness is that it seems to go "extra bright" when you're running it off the mains, I need to try games out on the gamepad only more often. : peace:

Indeed now I'm just thinking of the possibility of playing Lords of Thunder on the Gamepad if we are indeed getting TG16 games for certain. :heart:

It most certainly is! :o

I was reading about this earlier while the site was down, let's just hope that it really is the TG16 version and not the NES version because if it's the former - which it should be - then... :yay::yay::yay:

Well the rating does cover the Wii, PS3 and PSP as well as Wii U... If it were the NES version, it would have a different rating as the NES version is both a different game entirely and is obviously not available (nor will it be) on Sony's platforms, so... :D

Indeed now I'm just thinking of the possibility of playing Lords of Thunder on the Gamepad if we are indeed getting TG16 games for certain. :heart:

Oh yes fucking please!! :bouncy:

Rondo of Blood and the Ys games on the Gamepad!? GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!

We also are still missing other games like Legendary Axe as well, so here's our chance!

Then hopefully Mega Drive, Neogeo and VCA will make a comeback and I'll finally get the chance to play the likes of Windjammers and Castlevania Bloodlines! :bouncy:

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition will arrive on Nintendo eShop on 29th October and will have a 25% discount until 5th November.

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition will arrive on Nintendo eShop on 29th October and will have a 25% discount until 5th November.

So that'll be £13.49 then?

I am tempted... because I love the control scheme of the Wii Version - Wii games on the Wii U eShop are still not VC titles though - :indeed: but then again I should have a new graphics card for my PC soon which will mean I can hopefully finally run Resident Evil 4 HD which I purchased over a year ago for £14.99. :blank:

If only there was a way to combine the two versions, it would be the definitive release of Resident Evil 4... as it stands, it remains a trade-off. :hmm: