NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Anyone else think the prices are a little steep for their liking?

For my liking, yes. But then I'd LOVE for them to all be 30p.

But That's life (economics)!

In reality it means I'll only purchase games I really, REALLY want... unlike the 30th anniversary games that I'm purchasing like an addict at a crack sale!

They need to redevelop the emulators so manpower is required and an ultra low price would require a considerable amount of sales to recoup those costs

Suddenly remembered my sister's friend borrowed my GBA Super Mario World...I don't actually have it on anything other than the SNES.

Download!

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

I did think it was expensive until i played Super Mario World, then it seemed like a bargain. I think it really depends on what they release, they really need to get this worked on as a priority, get the team releasing at least one vc game for each console every week and appeal to the third parties they had on Wii like Sega and NEC to get their own titles updated.

They need to redevelop the emulators so manpower is required and an ultra low price would require a considerable amount of sales to recoup those costs

Suddenly remembered my sister's friend borrowed my GBA Super Mario World...I don't actually have it on anything other than the NES.

Download!

I know why they're priced as they are, I'm not questioning it. I'm just asking if you feel it's too pricey for your liking. In my eyes, they are.

I know why they're priced as they are, I'm not questioning it. I'm just asking if you feel it's too pricey for your liking. In my eyes, they are.

For some games, sure.

However, Super Mario World for a fiver? bargain

Suddenly remembered my sister's friend borrowed my GBA Super Mario World...I don't actually have it on anything other than the NES.

Download!

You have Super Mario World on your NES?

You have Super Mario World on your NES?

No, but I have a faulty keyboard -_- It keeps missing out keystrokes, and if I don't proof read things, that shit happens -_-

Virtual console games are too experienced whichever way you look at it, don't ate they have to create emulators etc, awful excuse, they are too expensive. 2.50, 3.50, 5 would be much more reasonable (and still loads more than mobile games). Also think they'd sell a lot more games of they were this cheap, probably making even more money and creating new fans of games in the process... But fuck progressive thinking like this....

And don't get me started on the "upgrade" pricing....

Weirdly, @flameboy called me out on Facebook for slagging off VC pricing, which wasn't me... He seems to have predicted the future!

Originally I think Nintendo planned to release Super Mario World on the NES but they decided to take advantage of the new hardware they were developing at the time thankfully and so it launched on the SNES which is just as well because look how well it did.

Quite unsurprisingly I've been playing Super Mario World on the Wii U with my SNES classic controller, it really hasn't aged a bit! :D

Me on the other hand? Well... when I consider that when I originally played Super Mario World on the SNES when I was about six or seven... I feel really old! :p

Yeah I too understand why they are priced as they are so before anyone lectures me about that.

I too think the current crop are expensive. Im not saying SMW for a fiver is a complete rip off but I just think that are and I feel that the VC games (especially on the 3DS VC) is expensive.

I can only imagine that the N64 games will be towards a tenner! It all adds up though.

I think it would have been better for a customer's point of view that once you have bought for example NES Super Mario Bros then you could redownload it for any current nintendo platform without any further cost.

Again I understand from a business point of view why they charge. This does not necessarily mean that I agree with it.

Luckily I didnt download a single VC game on the wii as I werent interested in gaming again until the very end of the wii's lifespan.

Have they removed the option to credit an exact amount to your account? I was looking at grabbing Kirby earlier on but the minimum I was able to add was £5.00. I'm sure I purchased Punch-Out direct for 30p.

Have they removed the option to credit an exact amount to your account? I was looking at grabbing Kirby earlier on but the minimum I was able to add was £5.00. I'm sure I purchased Punch-Out direct for 30p.

Yeah you can I bought Kirby direct for 30p using my debit card the other day.

Me on the other hand? Well... when I consider that when I originally played Super Mario World on the SNES when I was about six or seven... I feel really old! :p

God, S.C.G. If you're not complaining about the pricing or how slowly Nintendo release Virtual Console games, you're complaining about how old they make you feel. There's just no pleasing you! :heh:

Yeah you still can, think it says 'pay remainder with credit card' on the pad, then should allow you to just pay whatever the cost of the game is :)

Thanks for the heads up, guys. I'll have a go again later.

God, S.C.G. If you're not complaining about the pricing or how slowly Nintendo release Virtual Console games, you're complaining about how old they make you feel. There's just no pleasing you! :heh:

Hmm? I have no real issue with how Nintendo chooses to 'spread out' its releases - I have plenty to review atm - but I just find it amazing that Super Mario World doesn't feel like its dated that much at all compared to how quickly time seems to pass as you get older.

It just goes to show that some games will always stand the test of time whereas many that are released these days only stay in the minds of gamers for but a fleeting moment.

I have to wonder though if New Super Mario Bros U will be remembered in the same way two decades down the line...

"You kids and your Sony Presents: New New Super Mario Bros. games! Back in my day, we only had regular old New Super Mario Bros. All fifteen of them were pretty much the same and they all used the same assets, and that's just the way we liked it!"

How short is the fourth level of World 1 in Super Mario World!

Shorter than the life-span of the first Goomba in World 1-1 of Super Mario Bros. :wink:

Yeah, it'll be nice if we get VC games every week, something to constantly look forward to :)

For pure fun and tease shall we do predictions?

I'm hoping for super mario bros NES (not even kidding, want it on the gamepad)

Super starwars

Is it tomorrow when we find out whats due out on Thursday?

Normally yes, but sometimes it can be late.

More stuff/rumours from Emily Rodgers.

About four or five days ago, I hinted at the idea of Wii U VC games being playable on 3DS, and 3DS VC games being playable on Wii U.

It sounds amazing, but it’s not that simple. And I question whether anyone can actually call it “cross play” since you’re basically rebuying your games.

Not every VC game will allow this.

A VC game would have to release on both Wii U VC and 3DS VC for this to work.

You have to pay a discount price to transfer a Wii U VC game to 3DS. It would be just like how you pay a discount price to play a Wii VC game on Wii U.

Nintendo realizes that it’s going to get increasingly more difficult to convince you to buy the same NES games over and over for $5. How many times can they get you to buy Super Mario World or Ice Climbers? Think about it. You buy Super Mario World on the Wii Virtual console. You then pay a discount fee ($1.50) to play Super Mario World on the Wii U. Then they would make you pay another discount fee to play Super Mario World on the 3DS. I’m not saying Super Mario World is one of those games that will do this. I’m just using Super Mario World as a hypothetical example.

Discount price means it’s an impulse buy.

Discount price means that people will continue pumping money into games they already own so they can conveniently play their favorite games on more than one platform.

Nintendo doesn’t want revenue to stop flowing in for a popular VC title once you already own it.

On another note: Some people have asked me if this means games will be linked to an account. I don’t think these two things are related. Linking one piece of hardware to another piece of hardware doesn’t require an account. If you can send your Miis from your 3DS to your Wii U, then I don’t see why it would be difficult to do the same with certain VC games. Especially since Nintendo had a feature on the original Wii where you could download DS demos to your DSi.

There’s a bunch of people who took a tweet of me saying Nintendo will have a good E3 out of context. They tried connecting it to my other tweets. I never specifically said this feature of playing Wii U VC games on 3DS was going to be announced at E3. But I have no doubt we will hear more news about playing Wii U VC games on 3DS (and vice versa) before the end of the year. Especially since we have GBA games coming to the Wii U VC soon.

I also said we would hear about gifting for the Wii U eShop by the end of this year. I stand by this as well. Gifting was a feature requested by a lot of indie developers and gamers to return.

Until it comes out of the horse’s mouth (Nintendo’s mouth) feel free to label everything above as rumor. But I felt this article was necessary to keep people from taking my tweets out of context.

Two Wii U VC games this week according to the press release

Pac-Man (Namco Bandai, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Pac-Man needs no introduction; it's one of the most popular video games ever made! Move Pac-Man through the mazes, avoiding ghosts and eating all the Pac-Dots. Beware though; each of the ghosts behave differently! When Pac-Man chomps a Power Pellet, he becomes invincible, and is able to eat the blue ghosts. The more ghosts Pac-Man eats in a row, the higher the score. Don't forget to eat the bonus fruit, too!

Mega Man (CAPCOM, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Mega Man's original adventure blasts onto Nintendo eShop! The series became famous for its challenging mix of platforming and shoot 'em up action, and here you can see how it all began. As a super-robot created by the genius Dr. Light, it's up to Mega Man to traverse ten unique stages and beat the devious Robot Masters designed by evil Dr. Wily. Beating each boss allows Mega Man to use its trademark weapon, giving you an advantage in other stages - a technique still used in the series today.