NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs (Nov 21st)

with a very loud machine I can't put in my cabinet or the fan goes apeshit... Awesome!

I think we can all agree you've got a dodgy one, seeing as the rest of us can barely hear ours.

It seems the real "Nintendo magic" is actually coming from the indie developers who grew up playing Nintendo. Both the WiiU and PS4 have some great, and very creative indie titles whereas Nintendo have been mainly releases sequels, rehashes and very heavily relying on nostalgia.

Watch Dogs is alright. I too got a little bored with the main story but found there was more than enough side stuff to do.

The Last of Us is great. Having only had Nintendo consoles since the Cube I've missed out of a lot of quality titles. My PS4 has barely been off since I got it a couple of months ago - my WiiU on the other hand was turned on briefly to pre-order the Mario Kart DLC.

I think we can all agree you've got a dodgy one, seeing as the rest of us can barely hear ours.

It seems the real "Nintendo magic" is actually coming from the indie developers who grew up playing Nintendo. Both the WiiU and PS4 have some great, and very creative indie titles whereas Nintendo have been mainly releases sequels, rehashes and very heavily relying on nostalgia.

Watch Dogs is alright. I too got a little bored with the main story but found there was more than enough side stuff to do.

The Last of Us is great. Having only had Nintendo consoles since the Cube I've missed out of a lot of quality titles. My PS4 has barely been off since I got it a couple of months ago - my WiiU on the other hand was turned on briefly to pre-order the Mario Kart DLC.

I'm pretty sure it isn't dodgy. I took it out of the cabinet and the fan doesn't go mental anymore. But just the general noise of the drive and such is pretty loud.

Hilarious you say Nintendo release rehashes (Zelda is it isn't it) when the on,y really good games on the ps4 are just that! If people didn't have a ps3 then there are some amazing games for the console that have moved over. But there isn't much else (yet).

I think Nintendo relying on nostalgia is a pretty patronising comment. They rely in the quality of their existing franchises, which I think is right, I'm pretty sure that's what Nintendo fans want. The problem is the stuff that is missing - new ip, genre diversity. But I'm sure most people who love Nintendo WANT all those franchises.

I'm pretty sure it isn't dodgy. I took it out of the cabinet and the fan doesn't go mental anymore. But just the general noise of the drive and such is pretty loud.

It isn't though, as many have pointed out before.

You should contact Sony if it bothers you that much.

I barely hear my PS4, my mate doesn't hear his at all (and let me tell you: he gets annoyed by loud fans more than you :p )

It isn't though, as many have pointed out before.

You should contact Sony if it bothers you that much.

I barely hear my PS4, my mate doesn't hear his at all (and let me tell you: he gets annoyed by loud fans more than you :p )

Hmm, maybe I should check it out then... I just presumed as it has more grunt then it's going to be a bit louder. It doesn't bother that much any more though, but if it's dodgy then obviously I don't want that!

Trying to think of the best way of testing it...

Hilarious you say Nintendo release rehashes (Zelda is it isn't it) look when the on,y really good games on the ps4 are just that! If people didn't have a ps3 then there are some amazing games for the console that have moved over. But there isn't much else (yet).

He only compared Nintendo to indie developers, the latter of which he thinks now are the ones with the 'Nintendo magic', so not sure why you brought up PS4 retail titles to compare to. As it stands, it's a fair point. The PlayStation consoles are getting a lot more of the good indie content than the Wii U, so I can see why he'd be more active with it if that's his thing.

Also there must be something wrong with your PS4, loads of people now have said their PS4 is barely audible. I'm someone who can hear fairly quiet fans, too.

He only compared Nintendo to indie developers, the latter of which he thinks now are the ones with the 'Nintendo magic', so not sure why you brought up PS4 retail titles to compare to. As it stands, it's a fair point. The PlayStation consoles are getting a lot more of the good indie content than the Wii U, so I can see why he'd be more active with it if that's his thing.

Also there must be something wrong with your PS4, loads of people now have said their PS4 is barely audible. I'm someone who can hear fairly quiet fans, too.

I just presumed he was talking more generally. So if it's Indies how are PS4 getting the creative titles and Nintendo getting the sequels and rehashes? What Nintendo indies are sequels or rehashes? Isn't Shovel Knight meant to be the pinnacle of all indies this year?!

Yeah maybe it is dodgy, I'll play it tonight and maybe record a video and see what people think? It is MUCH better now it's out of the cabinet so I'm hoping it's going to be okay!

He means Nintendo the developer vs indies, I think:

Both the WiiU and PS4 have some great, and very creative indie titles whereas Nintendo have been mainly releases sequels, rehashes and very heavily relying on nostalgia.
Edited by Sheikah

I just presumed he was talking more generally. So if it's Indies how are PS4 getting the creative titles and Nintendo getting the sequels and rehashes? What Nintendo indies are sequels or rehashes? Isn't Shovel Knight meant to be the pinnacle of all indies this year?!

Yeah maybe it is dodgy, I'll play it tonight and maybe record a video and see what people think? It is MUCH better now it's out of the cabinet so I'm hoping it's going to be okay!

PS4 is very easy to develop for and it runs most engines very easily. Also, it's region free which is great incentive for Indies.

Oh and Shovel Knight is incredible. Best indie game you'll play all year :D

Isn't Shovel Knight meant to be the pinnacle of all indies this year?!

That's assuming we actually do get it this year :p

Haha. True on the shovel knight, both accounts I'm sure. Can't wait, really hope it's here in the next couple of months!

Watch Dogs coming to Wii U on November 18, according to Ubisoft Mexico Facebook page

10606382_793020390743645_7680397811211297768_n-1.png

Watch Dogs will be heading to Wii U on November 18, if Ubisoft Mexico’s Facebook page is to be believed.

A message posted on the page reads:

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?app_id&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter%2FZEbdHPQfV3x.js%3Fversion%3D41%23cb%3Df31f637b38%26domain%3Dnintendoeverything.com%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fnintendoeverything.com%252Ff5231c44%26relation%3Dparent.parent&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FUbisoft.Mexico%2Fphotos%2Fa.217441738301516.55689.214747491904274%2F793020390743645%2F%3Ftype%3D1&locale=en_US&sdk=joey&width=466#

We’ll follow up with Ubisoft’s US branch to see if the date can be verified. Until then, consider this a rumor.

http://nintendoeverything.com/watch-dogs-coming-to-wii-u-on-november-18-according-to-ubisoft-mexico-facebook-page/

Is it possible to embed the facebook post on this thread? It appears that it's on the Brazilian facebook page as well. Yep it's there, going to see if it's on other regions.

Edited by Wii

London, UK – September 10, 2014 – Today, Ubisoft announced that record-breaking open-world action game, Watch Dogs, will be available for the Wii U™ system from Nintendo on November 21 in the UK.

Watch Dogs will take full advantage of the Wii U specific hardware with a detailed and interactive map of Chicago displayed on the Wii U™ GamePad. The game also features Off-TV Play, letting gamers continue playing Watch Dogs solely on the Wii U GamePad.

Oish. All that delay for nothing.

Edited by Serebii

I am actually surprised that people actually thought that ubisoft would be using the gamepad in an innovative way.

The fact that we haven't been shown any actual footage of watch dogs running on Wii U should have told you that this was gonna be straight up port.

This game is gonna bomb so Hard!!

Anyone wanna provide me with a hat I can eat?

I honestly never thought this was getting released on the Wii U. It is a shame there's gonna be no good uses for the GamePad but a port is better than nothing. Let's just hope they've used this extra time to make it a really decent port. I've heard it's from the same guys who did ASS CREED 3 and Flag. If I remember rightly, whilst 3 isn't as good a game, it was much better framerate and filter wise, wheras Black Flag, whilst a great game, was far worse technically.

Hmm. Don't think I'll be paying full price for this on Wii U, or getting it on release before there's some impressions out there. Sadly I think that means I won't end up getting it at all, because I highly suspect this will be a very small run and just fodder for a bit of Ubisoft 'I told you so' despite how unbelievably skewed it's all been.

Anyone wanna provide me with a hat I can eat?

I honestly never thought this was getting released on the Wii U. It is a shame there's gonna be no good uses for the GamePad but a port is better than nothing. Let's just hope they've used this extra time to make it a really decent port. I've heard it's from the same guys who did ASS CREED 3 and Flag. If I remember rightly, whilst 3 isn't as good a game, it was much better framerate and filter wise, wheras Black Flag, whilst a great game, was far worse technically.

November is still two months away. It could still get cancelled ;)

November is still two months away. It could still get cancelled ;)

Tbh I think they should.

I've heard mixed reviews from people I know that have already played the game, which is hardly convincing. The initial launch hype is long gone, the Wii U version is presumably going to be less impressive graphically than the PS4/X1 variants. The people who would want this sort of game have been pushed into purchasing a second console, I doubt very much such people don't already own the game.

Actually.. maybe not cancel. But make it a digital only release to cut down on the overheads.

Tbh I think they should.

I've heard mixed reviews from people I know that have already played the game, which is hardly convincing. The initial launch hype is long gone, the Wii U version is presumably going to be less impressive graphically than the PS4/X1 variants. The people who would want this sort of game have been pushed into purchasing a second console, I doubt very much such people don't already own the game.

Actually.. maybe not cancel. But make it a digital only release to cut down on the overheads.

A digital release at what price though? I'm still not keen on digital download of retail/big titles, especially on Nintendo's systems, and I don't personally see myself paying £30+ for this on WiiU now.

Is anyone here planning to buy this still? Full price? Digital download or retail?

Thinking about it, Hyrule Warriors, Smash bros, X, Captain Toad, Splatoon, Zelda, Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World... each of those games at the moment beat Watchdogs in terms of anticipation for me.

Watchdogs might have been a nice addition to my collection a couple of months ago, but with mixed reviews and no compelling exclusive content, I think AC4 has more chance of finding its way into my collection. Which I'm sure Ubisoft would be just as happy with.

it's out the day before my birthday so I'll probably pick it up at launch. I don't mind too much paying full price as I have only done so for about 5 of the 20+ Wii U games I own.

I can't believe it's actually coming out! I'm getting it though, dunno whether I'll pick it up at full price, but it's defo going in my collection!

I be geting this for free with my reward points and gift card 6b0ad36100d550698a3e893393a43c4b.jpg

I want to see photos of this! I can't believe the Wii U version is getting the special editions!

I want to see photos of this! I can't believe the Wii U version is getting the special editions!

That image is from before the Wii U version was delayed. There have been no announcements of any special edition for the Wii U version since then.

As @Cube said, that was announced when the Wii U version was going to be released with the other versions.

I doubt they'll bother with the DEDSEC Edition for the Wii U.