NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs (Nov 21st)

Meh was interested in this when the other versions released and we had WiiU games few and far between, but with Hyrule Warroirs out next weeks, Bayo1 & 2 next month and Smash Wii U November/December (did that get a solid date yet?) I don't need Watch Dogs anymore.

Ubi could have had my money had it come out with the original release but now I'll wait for a pre-owned copy to appear at a time when I have need to fill a release gap

Well, to be fair to Ubisoft, no one is going to be silly enough to buy this version really are they? As Mokong said, when it originally released WIi U had a bit of a games drought - even if the game had been delayed till June... Possibly July, interest would have been higher. But not announcing a release date in a timely fashion, then releasing it against Smash bros, after Hyrule Warriors, MK8 DLC to renew interest in that game... Bayonetta 2... It just seems immensely stupid. Add on to that the lack of compelling exclusive features and now the confirmed (although to be fair assumed by most) lack of DLC... really, why bother buying this?

Well, to be fair to Ubisoft, no one is going to be silly enough to buy this version really are they? As Mokong said, when it originally released WIi U had a bit of a games drought - even if the game had been delayed till June... Possibly July, interest would have been higher. But not announcing a release date in a timely fashion, then releasing it against Smash bros, after Hyrule Warriors, MK8 DLC to renew interest in that game... Bayonetta 2... It just seems immensely stupid. Add on to that the lack of compelling exclusive features and now the confirmed (although to be fair assumed by most) lack of DLC... really, why bother buying this?

I will be geting it becuse I like my Wii U

I will be geting it becuse I like my Wii U

I won't be getting it, because I like my Wii U :D

seriously though, how will buying Watchdogs be a positive thing for your Wii U?

I literally have no idea why they are bothering. No clue at all.

More like Dead Dogs!

dead_20dog.jpg

No way am I getting this now until it's under €10. TBH, I was probably going to wait anyway. It'll have a very limited printed run I'd imagine so it could be hard to find. I think that confirmation probably shows what they've done with the extra 6 months. Nothing!

Hilarious. It's almost more insulting that they're actually releasing it than if they had just cancelled it outright.

This whole saga has been utterly astounding to go through. From the initial excitement surrounding its E3 2011 reveal, where it looked so exciting and ambitious (alongside ZombiU and their comments about wanting to push boundaries of game design this next generation) to now - where nobody gives a crap about the steaming pile of an uninspired, cookie cutter Ubisoft open world formula GTA clone, that it became.

What a turnaround this game has had since it was first shown!

Edited by Dcubed

Hilarious. It's almost more insulting that they're actually releasing it than if they had just cancelled it outright.

This whole saga has been utterly astounding to go through. From the initial excitement surrounding its E3 2011 reveal, where it looked so exciting and ambitious (alongside ZombiU and their comments about wanting to push boundaries of game design this next generation) to now - where nobody gives a crap about the steaming pile of an uninspired GTA clone, following the usual Ubisoft cookie cutter formula, that it became.

What a turnaround this game has had since it was first shown!

That's another thing. Still not a single Wii U screenshot.

Which begs the question, what are they trying to hide.

I wonder how many copies the Wii U version would have to sell just to break even?

And how many will they actually sell... I'm guessing any game will sell a few hundred just out of random pick ups... but I can see it struggling to get much more than 5 digit sales figures for the Wii U version

Ha! Thats hilarious. Some Nintendo fans are entitled little bitches arent they.

Nothing wrong with a little moaning about how your favourite console isnt getting games etc of course but that petition is one of the more pathetic things I have seen.

Ha! Thats hilarious. Some Nintendo fans are entitled little bitches arent they.

Nothing wrong with a little moaning about how your favourite console isnt getting games etc of course but that petition is one of the more pathetic things I have seen.

Your a Nintendo Fan so you can't talk

It is a bit cringe inducing. I only skimmed it, there seemed to be a couple of good points, but a few very weak ones cancel those out.

I think we can give Bandai Namco a break. They've done three recent collaborations with Nintendo (four if you count the Nintendo stuff in Tekken Tag Tournament 2): Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U and Pokken (which will likely come to the Wii U).

I wonder how many copies the Wii U version would have to sell just to break even?

Ten?

Jesus Christ, if you are promoting this then lord help you.

Also, these things won't do anything.

So what can we do then?

So what can we do then?

Buy more than one console and not be a fanboy? Just throwing it out there.

Buy more than one console and not be a fanboy? Just throwing it out there.

I shouldn't have to though third party's should treat us with respect aswell and I hate Xbox One and PS4 you have to pay to play online

I hate Xbox One and PS4 you have to pay to play online

Unlike Nintendo's system - you have to pray to play online. :p

'Hate' is a strong word though. You really hate them?

The main reason 3rd parties won't release on the Wii U is because it is the second console amongst most multiplatform gamers.

Those who only own a Wii U mostly don't have as much disposable income or simply don't have sufficient interest in those 3rd party games to warrant a second console purchase. That makes the Wii U only demographic a harder one to sell any game to, regardless of its quality (or lack thereof :D)

Of course Wii U is in this position because the other two consoles are more reliant on 3rd party software, which naturally makes them naturally more accommodating towards them. The hardware division of Nintendo needs to suck up less to the software divisions and work more at sucking up to 3rd parties, treating the internal developers are valued, but not unique, end users.

Basically that's how I see it.

How Nintendo sees it is possibly that less 3rd party support = higher 2nd/3rd party sales = more profit directly to them. In a way, long term who knows, working more on a reliable internal software development strategy may end up working out for them.

I think @Pestneb pretty much sums it up. I'm a Nintendo only owner this generation, and I don't really have any interest in owning any of the other two consoles. That doesn't mean I don't want to play the awesome 3rd party games, like the conclution to the Arkham series, Destiny or whatever game is not coming out for Wii U. I guess I'll end up buying a gaming/working PC as it serves multiple purposes for me, as well as getting most 3rd party games with my preferred controller (keyboard and mouse). Some games, I just have to let go, as Destiny is console only (and why the hell couldn't that come out to Wii U when it's on almost every other friggin system...:mad:).

The good thing about Nintendo not getting any 3rd party support is that they need to deliver quality 1st and 2nd party games in a continous flow, which really benefits the user who wants to play Nintendo games more than grey or brown shooters (even though there's been a lot more color in the industry lately!). So, in a sense, it can be good...

..yeah, I'll just keep on telling myself that.

it can be a good thing...

I think @Pestneb pretty much sums it up. I'm a Nintendo only owner this generation, and I don't really have any interest in owning any of the other two consoles. That doesn't mean I don't want to play the awesome 3rd party games, like the conclution to the Arkham series, Destiny or whatever game is not coming out for Wii U. I guess I'll end up buying a gaming/working PC as it serves multiple purposes for me, as well as getting most 3rd party games with my preferred controller (keyboard and mouse). Some games, I just have to let go, as Destiny is console only (and why the hell couldn't that come out to Wii U when it's on almost every other friggin system...:mad:).

The good thing about Nintendo not getting any 3rd party support is that they need to deliver quality 1st and 2nd party games in a continous flow, which really benefits the user who wants to play Nintendo games more than grey or brown shooters (even though there's been a lot more color in the industry lately!). So, in a sense, it can be good...

..yeah, I'll just keep on telling myself that.

it can be a good thing...

I will only own a Wii U this generation too. I honestly don't understand how people have the time to own two (or more consoles). I still have games in their factory seals on my Wii U (and a couple still sealed for my Wii).

When you factor in work, time with friends, girlfriend, gym, other hobbies, shopping etc I don't have time to be spending 200 hours a month on games.

I do however have a quality PC for work, so if there is the odd game I fancy I can always pick it up on the PC - where it will be cheaper, look better and be free to play online!