NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs (Nov 21st)

I am still geting it for Wii U

Why though?

You clearly are looking forward to this so why not buy it for your PS4 which will be the superior version and also have DLC exclusive to it for 6 months.

If and its a big IF, the Wii U version does get released, it'll be 2-3 months after the other versions which by then they will have been reduced in price.

As I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, I hope it gets released for the Wii U but even then I'll wait for reviews of the Wii U version before considering buying it.

Why though?

You clearly are looking forward to this so why not buy it for your PS4 which will be the superior version and also have DLC exclusive to it for 6 months.

If and its a big IF, the Wii U version does get released, it'll be 2-3 months after the other versions which by then they will have been reduced in price.

As I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, I hope it gets released for the Wii U but even then I'll wait for reviews of the Wii U version before considering buying it.

I don't care about DLC and I don't want it for my PS4

Walking away? A lot of developers never even turned up at all, those that did left early, heard there's a better party across town and Ubisoft's pretending they've just left to get more beers, ringing saying they'll be back soon. All the while they too are across town at the Sony/MS party and have no intention of coming back but don't want to hurt Nintendo's feelings.

Lovely analogy.

How was/is the Wii U Gamepad being used in this game?

As dazzy says, nobody actually knows - but I am as suggested hopeful it would be used well. If it wasn't, and just took care of basic features like inventory or map, then it'd be another point in the case against me getting the Wii U version. Would be a missed trick if they did that though - but who even knows what'll happen anymore.

As dazzy says, nobody actually knows - but I am as suggested hopeful it would be used well. If it wasn't, and just took care of basic features like inventory or map, then it'd be another point in the case against me getting the Wii U version. Would be a missed trick if they did that though - but who even knows what'll happen anymore.

How do you think it should be incorporated into the game?

How do you think it should be incorporated into the game?

That's the million dollar question - and sadly I'm not a terribly creative fellow. The idea fits, but I can't do the creative bits to put it togther without the cracks showing. When I saw some of the things they opted for in the ZombiU trailers though - keypads, actually having to look 'inside' your bag and away from the TV - I thought stuff like that was a very cool idea. Even if they don't do loads with the Gamepad, I'm sure given the main character's a phone-based hacker that they can do more than just make it a quickmap or inventory. Of course, the fact we haven't seen very much new stuff of the game let alone Wii U specific stuff I currently have my doubts whether there'll be much; or if it'll even be as much of the same game as what we have seen.

UBISOFT RECONFIRMS WATCH DOGS WII U ISN’T CANCELED AND IS COMING SOON

Ubisoft has reconfirmed on Twitter that the Wii U version of Watch Dogs is still coming to the platform and that they’re committed to developing it. The company revealed last week that the Wii U version has been delayed while the other platforms should get the game in the summer. This led some to believe that the game was quietly being canceled by Ubisoft. This doesn’t appear to be the case.

It’s coming, we’ll let you know when we have confirmed a release date.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/02/14/ubisoft-reconfirms-watch-dogs-wii-u-isnt-canceled-and-is-coming-soon/

Officially delayed.

Today, Ubisoft revealed that its highly anticipated open world action-adventure game, Watch Dogs™, will be released worldwide on May 27, 2014.

In Watch Dogs™, players assume the role of Aiden Pearce, a new type of vigilante hero who, with the help of his smartphone, will use his ability to hack into Chicago’s central operating system (ctOS) to control almost every element of the city.

“We are pleased to be able to reveal to gamers all over the world the new release date for Watch Dogs™,” said Geoffroy Sardin, EMEA Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Ubisoft. “We are extremely confident that the additional time we afforded the dev team to refine and polish the game will be more than worth the wait.”

Players who purchase Watch Dogs™ on either PlayStation®3 or PlayStation®4™ will have exclusive access to 60 minutes of additional gameplay via the PlayStation® Network.

“We’re really excited for the launch of Watch Dogs on both PS3® and PS4® and are confident that it will prove to be one of the standout games of 2014,” said Michael Pattison, Vice President, Third Party Relations, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. “It’s a unique and visionary game and we believe that the exclusive content available via PSN will not only excite gamers, but showcase how PlayStation® is a preferred destination for Watch Dogs.”

Watch Dogs™ will be available on Sony PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Microsoft Xbox One® the all-in-one games and entertainment system, Microsoft Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and Windows PC. The Wii U™ version will release at a later date.

Considering it would have launched 3 days before Mario Kart this isn't a bad thing.

Officially delayed.

Considering it would have launched 3 days before Mario Kart this isn't a bad thing.

I personally believe this will get quietly canned like Aliens did. However, let's face it, if it came out three days before Mario Kart it would have been lost.

Looks great! July would be a perfect I reckon! Then

May\June - Mario Kart 8

July - Watch Dogs

August - Bayonetta 2

September - Yarn Yoshi

October - Hyrule Warriors

November - Smash Bros.

December - Metroid Prime

When asked about the Wii U version.

"Yeah it's still alive," he said. "We still haven't defined a ship date for it, though. So it's on hold, to a certain extent for shipping."

He added that a 2014 ship date for that version of the game is still a "possibility."

"We don't have a specific ship date for it yet so it's considered within the year," he said. "So we're going to look at that and we're going to let people know as soon as we figure out an exact date for it."

One of the reasons the Wii U version of the game isn't hitting the same release date as every other platform is because it's the only version not being developed in concert by the team in Montreal.

"We have our studio in Bucharest working on it, and we wanted that team to have the time to explore the GamePad and be able to have fun with it and see how far they could push it," he said. "It's also an interesting platform, because it has its own strength, which we want to take advantage of, and we didn't want to delay all the other platforms for that one. So we're going to take the time we need to make sure the game is good (technically) when we ship it and that it also, game design-wise, makes good use of the specifics of the Wii U."

Guay still believes the Wii U is a good fit for Watch Dogs and its playstyle, in particular because of the GamePad.

"I mean, for our game, when we play with everything being connected, we need to make smart use of it," Guay said. "And also, the Wii U came along at some point in our production, so it planned through for it, and now to a certain extent we wanted to be ambitious with it, be able to go full-on and make full use of the platform. That's why we're taking more time, but it's being worked on so that's good."

The game development's shift to Ubisoft Romania in Bucharest was driven in part by a question of capability, Guay said. He added that that specific team is extremely strong technically and that there was a lot of technical work that had to go into getting the engine that drives Watch Dogs to work on the Wii U.

"It wasn't running on Wii U initially," he said. "They were the perfect team to do it. Our Bucharest studio is super strong, super strong engineers and I was impressed by how quickly they got to get the game running on the console. And they were so autonomous in doing it. Obviously we're communicating and we're working together, but they were so quick and smart in doing it, it still made sense for them to keep ownership. Obviously they're using the same game content, so they're not building other game content. It's the same game content that we'll adapt for the needs of the specific needs of Wii U. But at the core, same game, but they made all the technical adjustments for it."

So 2014 is just a possibility? Just cancel the thing and be done with it.

Firstly the graphics blow. Remember that first reveal and now this.

I thought they may of delayed it to avoid Mario Kart but to say it might be a 2014 release is ridiculous. Nobody will give a damn about this game late 2014 let alone 2015.

Deja vu. This is what happened with Aliens...

So the Wii U version was put on hold for 6 months, while the other versions were being worked on? Considering that the Wii U version was being made by Ubisoft Bucharest, I wonder if they asked them to stop what they were doing and drafted them in to work on the core version of the game? (the one that acts as the foundation for all the versions of the game)

I bet we won't see it on Wii U until September at the earliest (if at all). Not that I have any faith in this game being good anymore. All of the game's good ideas and founding concepts are getting crushed under the tyyranous weight of Ubisoft's monster assembly line production of development...

It's gonna end up being a GTA clone with the same design as the ACreed games and a "press A to awesome hack" gimmick that ends up being a mere shadow of what it could've been... (Design by Committee, Focus Testing, AAA Budgets, Too Many Cooks blah blah blah...)

Edited by Dcubed

So the Wii U version was put on hold for 6 months, while the other versions were being worked on? Considering that the Wii U version was being made by Ubisoft Bucharest, I wonder if they asked them to stop what they were doing and drafted them in to work on the core version of the game? (the one that acts as the foundation for all the versions of the game)

Yeah, the interview on Eurogamer confirms this. Basically nobody is working on the Wii U version at the moment.

"Yeah it's still alive," he said. "We still haven't defined a ship date for it, though. So it's on hold, to a certain extent for shipping."

He added that a 2014 ship date for that version of the game is still a "possibility."

"We don't have a specific ship date for it yet so it's considered within the year," he said. "So we're going to look at that and we're going to let people know as soon as we figure out an exact date for it."

One of the reasons the Wii U version of the game isn't hitting the same release date as every other platform is because it's the only version not being developed in concert by the team in Montreal.

"We have our studio in Bucharest working on it, and we wanted that team to have the time to explore the GamePad and be able to have fun with it and see how far they could push it," he said. "It's also an interesting platform, because it has its own strength, which we want to take advantage of, and we didn't want to delay all the other platforms for that one. So we're going to take the time we need to make sure the game is good (technically) when we ship it and that it also, game design-wise, makes good use of the specifics of the Wii U."

Guay still believes the Wii U is a good fit for Watch Dogs and its playstyle, in particular because of the GamePad.

"I mean, for our game, when we play with everything being connected, we need to make smart use of it," Guay said. "And also, the Wii U came along at some point in our production, so it planned through for it, and now to a certain extent we wanted to be ambitious with it, be able to go full-on and make full use of the platform. That's why we're taking more time, but it's being worked on so that's good."

The game development's shift to Ubisoft Romania in Bucharest was driven in part by a question of capability, Guay said. He added that that specific team is extremely strong technically and that there was a lot of technical work that had to go into getting the engine that drives Watch Dogs to work on the Wii U.

"It wasn't running on Wii U initially," he said. "They were the perfect team to do it. Our Bucharest studio is super strong, super strong engineers and I was impressed by how quickly they got to get the game running on the console. And they were so autonomous in doing it. Obviously we're communicating and we're working together, but they were so quick and smart in doing it, it still made sense for them to keep ownership. Obviously they're using the same game content, so they're not building other game content. It's the same game content that we'll adapt for the needs of the specific needs of Wii U. But at the core, same game, but they made all the technical adjustments for it."

*cough*

20120816071747!Rayman_Legends_Box_Art.jpg

The game where they held back the completed Wii U version so they could have a simultaneous multiplatform release?

*cough*

20120816071747!Rayman_Legends_Box_Art.jpg

I think you need to go see a doctor with that *cough*

:grin: