NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs (Nov 21st)

I enjoyed that. Looking forward to it, got it pre-ordered already.

Wish they would show some Wii U specific footage though as I'd like to see if they've done anything interesting with the Gamepad?

Prolly nothing major but hell I'd be happy with even a larger area map on the gamepad so you can be more aware of targets/points of interest, etc :D

I really like how you can choose to do bad or good things. Like they showed here the player steeling an NPC's ATM card info. Hopefully there are other ways to earn/get money in the game so the option to steel from NPC's is purely at the players choice.

And the option to approach things in different ways, stealth or guns-blazing. I'm gonna try to be as ninja like as possible :D

The "Breaking News" thing was very interesting too, good way to keep the player on their toes.

I like the multiplay aspect too, looked interesting from that vid but I do worry can you turn it off if you want. Like if I'm in the middle of a main game mission I don't want someone to be entering my game and messing things up on me.

Or maybe (hopefully) when you are on a main game mission the game automatically turns that option off so you can focus on your progression first.

Is it just people on your friends-list that can enter your game or is it possible to get randoms too?

The idea that if you enter someones game you can pretend to be an NPC and be walking beside them and they might not know sounds cool too as they don't get alerted that you are there until you start hacking them. Would be cool if you could voice chat too and just taunt your mates.

I could see it being abused a bit if someone decided not to hack the other player and just get in a car and run them over, haha.

When Player 2 realised you were on to him, he seemed to become more erratic and he tripped after jumping over the flowerbed or whatever.

The tripping bit did seem odd but could be the player/character was low on stamina.... like if you are tired you become more likely to trip when jumping walls or something?

When Player 2 realised you were on to him, he seemed to become more erratic and he tripped after jumping over the flowerbed or whatever.

He became erratic because he was spinning his camera around looking for the other player, just like the main player did. He probably tripped over the flowerbed because he didn't jump it early enough. In AC3 if you land in an awkward place or hit into someone you do stumbling animations. Could just be an extension of that.

The thing that concerns me a bit is if it will get a bit repetitive. There doesn't seem to be a video that goes by where he doesn't use bollards to stop a car, I mean... IS there another method? and then the same applies for everything else.

If he can presumably hack a cars alarm system/engine to steel every one, can he hack an opponents car to switch it off as they're driving it? Can he change the lights as an opponent is approaching a crossroads and have them crash into/or have to stop as a result of the traffic now moving across their path etc...

Still need to see more, as it's looking a little bit boring to be atm.

In another game demo the guy disrupts the lights and the traffic crashes into the car. In another he raised a bridge and stopped the police. You can explode sewer pipes to stop cars too. Also you can blackout the city so the car will crash.

There's plenty of choice.

I'm really not sure about this game. I think I'll get Assassin's Creed (the impressions I've heard are great) first and get Watch Dogs at a later date. Also, even if they're wildly different, this just adds another modern day city-based sandbox game to my collection in a short amount of time.

Has there been any footage from the current-gen version?

I'm hoping that was the current gen version as the intial next gen clips they showed looked way better!!

I'm really not sure about this game. I think I'll get Assassin's Creed (the impressions I've heard are great) first and get Watch Dogs at a later date. Also, even if they're wildly different, this just adds another modern day city-based sandbox game to my collection in a short amount of time.

I feel mildly like this, with GTAV on the horizon, a planned pickup of SRIV, AND this I can't help but wonder if it's possible to actually end up getting Sandbox fatigue!

So, there's a rumour floating around on Gaf that the Wii U version of this may be delayed til early next year. Of course it's Gaf so who knows what to believe. It's very hit or miss, depending on who is dishing out the info.

@Dcubed you are always on top of things. Have you heard anything about this?

So, there's a rumour floating around on Gaf that the Wii U version of this may be delayed til early next year. Of course it's Gaf so who knows what to believe. It's very hit or miss, depending on who is dishing out the info.

No clue, not a ruddy. You know as much as I do :confused:

Ubisoft need to start showing something else as to me it still looks extremely boring.

Ubisoft need to start showing something else as to me it still looks extremely boring.

Yeah, i've never been fussed about it either. Even when it first got shown at E3 and everyone was fawning over it. I thought I was missing something. ::shrug:

Not going to bode well if it's true, it really needs to get a parallel release with the others. Personally just for the show of support I was planning to get it on Wii U over PS3/360 but if this isn't about while the others are who knows how long people will wait.

Yeah, i've never been fussed about it either. Even when it first got shown at E3 and everyone was fawning over it. I thought I was missing something. ::shrug:

I think it was the promise of its premise. But subsequent videos and hands-on impressions have showcased nothing new or really interesting since then.

Press A To Hack isn't very exciting really...

Im still hopeful it will be good but to be fair I havent watched all that much on it since E3. At the moment its the only game ive got preordered with my PS4.

If it is delayed for the Wii U though then that isnt good. People that are interested enough will just go elsewhere if they can then the Wii U will probably just be left with those who only have the one console again. This would have been a good title to hold up against the PS4 and Xbox One versions to show that while it most likely wouldnt have looked as good, it could still offer something different with the tablet.

I was quite impressed with this when it got revealed at E3, and continued to be interested in it...

...until I played GTA V. :awesome:

It's now impossible to get hyped for Watch Dogs. :blank:

Well I'm still looking forward to it... but not if it gets delayed :mad:

If it gets delayed I'll take my money elsewhere (likely Sonic Lost World)

Ubisoft should do some kind of sick cross-over with Rockstar in bringing Los Santos and Chicago together.

Some insane crazy DLC could come from that!

Imagine you being able to go from Chicago to Los Santos and start hacking everything :laughing:

Ubisoft should do some kind of sick cross-over with Rockstar in bringing Los Santos and Chicago together.

Some insane crazy DLC could come from that!

Imagine you being able to go from Chicago to Los Santos and start hacking everything :laughing:

pshGxxd.jpg:heh:

Just finished listening to the ONM podcast, and they say that this, and Batman Origins BTW, are unavailable to play on the Wii U as of yet. Both UbiSoft and WB have refused to give them a review copy of the Wii U version until after their game has been released. That does not bode well, but I'm still hoping that this is going to be good.

Wii U Version Of Watch Dogs Is Between Current And Next-Gen Systems Visually, Closer To Current

Watch Dogs creative director Jonathan Morin has revealed that the Wii U version of the highly anticipated Watch Dogs is visually somewhere in-between Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. However, Morin says that the game is closer visually to current generation consoles, which is to be expected.

“I think it’s even going to be a bit better. If you pump the PC to its maximum there are things in the filtering and rendering that I think are possible on high-end PCs that are pretty amazing. Wii U is pretty much in-between – it’s neither of them, not current-gen, maybe closer to current-gen than next-gen.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/27/wii-u-version-of-watch-dogs-is-between-current-and-next-gen-systems-visually-closer-to-current/

Just finished listening to the ONM podcast, and they say that this, and Batman Origins BTW, are unavailable to play on the Wii U as of yet. Both UbiSoft and WB have refused to give them a review copy of the Wii U version until after their game has been released. That does not bode well, but I'm still hoping that this is going to be good.

That is very worrying.

Watch Dogs on Wii U in-between current/next gen visuals, being handled by Bucharest, no new features

Coming from a CVG interview with Ubisoft Montreal creative director Jonathan Morin ...

CVG: When EA released Need For Speed: Most Wanted on Wii U many praised the port because it used PC assets and as such looked much better than the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. How does the Wii U version of Watch Dogs compare to the current-gen versions?

JM: I would say the Wii U version is pretty much in between what the current gen is and what the next gen is from a version standpoint. It's hard to position it. I would tend to say it's maybe a bit closer to current gen than next gen for certain things but it's a beautiful game on Wii U and it's cool to play it just on the GamePad.

CVG: Speaking of different platforms, am I right in saying Ubisoft Montreal is working on the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, PS4, Xbox One and PC versions simultaneously?

JM: The Wii U version is not done in Montreal, it's done in Bucharest, but the rest... you're correct, yeah. It's a lot.

CVG: How does the Wii U version use the GamePad? Will it be similar to SmartGlass functionality or will it be different?

JM: On the Wii U you can play on the GamePad screen. There are no new features or anything like that - it's the same game but we're optimising the controls for the beast that is the Wii U GamePad.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=214017

Why was the Wii U version outsourced?

I don't know, good question. Especially as they've added "no new features" so what was the point? Add to that the rumours of a delay on the Wii U version and refusal to hand over a finished copy of the games to reviewers. I know I'd prefer Montreal working on it than Bucharest.

Has anybody seen any footage of the Wii U version? I think I heard there's like 40 seconds out there. I must check it out.

Considering Ubi did such a good job with GamePad uses for ZombiU and Rayman (yes I know they are made by a different studio but still) I'm fairly disappointed now to hear the only gamepad use Watch_Dogs will have if Off-TV play?

Hopefully there's at least a map display on the GamePad when playing with the TV so I don't have to pause to check it out, surely even inventory management must be there....surely? :(