NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs (Nov 21st)

Well I'm still bitter at Valve for Half Life being cancelled on the Dreamcast a few weeks before launch, so I'm going to hold an even longer grudge against Ubisoft for this.

Well I'm still bitter at Valve for Half Life being cancelled on the Dreamcast a few weeks before launch, so I'm going to hold an even longer grudge against Ubisoft for this.

Ehh the amount of loading that you had to endure on the DC version of HL wouldn't be worth it, trust me.

Ehh the amount of loading that you had to endure on the DC version of HL wouldn't be worth it, trust me.

I don't care damnit! Didn't have a PC. Bitterness stands! :angry:

I know it's not confirmed yet, but it may as well be :(

Geez, man. I thought 2013 was a bad year for Nintendo, but in this month alone the Wii U has really been completely destroyed. It'll be interesting to see where we are next January. If this actually does get cancelled then I think it's actually worse than the Legends delay.

[uPDATE 2, 2:58PM:] Good news, everyone! GameStop Italy and our U.S.-based source have both said that this was all a glitch in the system and that Watch Dogs is—or will soon be—available for pre-order for Wii U again in Italy and the U.S. Apologies for making everyone nervous about this and for not getting that all sorted prior to publishing the first time.

http://kotaku.com/gamestop-is-canceling-watch-dogs-wii-u-pre-orders-this-1508273787

There we have it

[uPDATE 2, 2:58PM:] Good news, everyone! GameStop Italy and our U.S.-based source have both said that this was all a glitch in the system and that Watch Dogs is—or will soon be—available for pre-order for Wii U again in Italy and the U.S. Apologies for making everyone nervous about this and for not getting that all sorted prior to publishing the first time.

http://kotaku.com/gamestop-is-canceling-watch-dogs-wii-u-pre-orders-this-1508273787

There we have it

You think anyone would actually read this part? Like a glitch in the system, and nothing more? That doesn't sound like Nintendoomed, better avoid it at all costs.

You think anyone would actually read this part? Like a glitch in the system, and nothing more? That doesn't sound like Nintendoomed, better avoid it at all costs.

Of course not. Damage is done :/

I'm glad it's just a rumor, but after Watch Dogs, do you think Ubisoft will release any more games for Wii U? AC4 and other adult game sales on Wii U have been pretty bad.

I agree with those not really excited for this. Looks quite bland and boring to me, but maybe some review videos will change that. I'm far more excited for the likes of Thief and to play Tomb Raider.

As Ubisoft will probably move to PS4/X1 level of games, I doubt it. Watch_Dogs will probably be the last one for Wii U.

I remember DedSec Edition was coming to Wii U too at some point, but that one has been removed from the Ubisoft site too, so that's very clearly not coming anymore, altough some sites still have it preorderable.

Oh well, I'll get this to how my support. Besides, the game seem interesting, even if it's just the normal version I'll get.

I'm glad it's just a rumor, but after Watch Dogs, do you think Ubisoft will release any more games for Wii U? AC4 and other adult game sales on Wii U have been pretty bad.

Seriously doubt it. Even Just Dance hasnt sold well on the Wii U.

Ubisoft really tried and Wii U owners didnt buy their games.

They tried more than everyone else but still some of their games were gimped. I hope not but I bet this game will be gimped in some way. e.g. no DLC and it has been handed out to their Bucharest studio so it's being ported separate to the other versions.

They tried more than everyone else but still some of their games were gimped. I hope not but I bet this game will be gimped in some way. e.g. no DLC and it has been handed out to their Bucharest studio so it's being ported separate to the other versions.

I think that's unfair. Far as I know the AC games were not gimped and they both bombed. Yes Ubisoft decided to not release AC Blag Flag DLC on the Wii U but that would of been after looking at sales of the game and seeing there was no point. Splinter cell had no multiplayer at launch but I doubt that made much of a difference and doesn't excuse the shockingly low sales?

Watch Dogs is being done by a different team but it wouldn't be a shock if they see the wii u version as the least important one but it's hard to blame them when the other games have sold so badly.

Edited by liger05

Watch Dogs is being done by a different team but it wouldn't be a shock if they see the wii u version as the least important one but it's hard to blame them when the other games have sold so badly.

It also wouldn't surprise me if, like Black Flag, the Wii U versions has reduced GamePad features than the other platforms.

Has the game even got a set release date yet?

Amazon have it listed but no date on all versions

I don't think it will be out till may or June.

Think it all depends on how this does sales-wise; which I'm more interested to see than I am to play the game. It'll be one of the first on a completely even footing across PS3, 360, Wii U, Xbone and PS4. This won't do crazy on Wii U, just because install base isn't there, but I'll be interested to see if it does proportionately better than might be expected(also why I asked if people would opt for Wii U version).

Nintendo tried and people didn't buy their console.

Just fixed that a little bit for you :p

Nothing since the delay announcement. Still wondering exactly why that is, and if we will in fact actually see some sort of differentiating content/bonus for Next gen vs Current.

Ubisoft conference call says watch dogs still coming to Wii U @ a later date than other platforms.

Really what is the point? I think its still going to be cancelled.

I think it's a strategic delay. They want to release it when numbers pick up (if they pick up) so they can prevent releasing it and having retailers heavily discounting it or not even bothering to carry it.

I think it's a strategic delay. They want to release it when numbers pick up (if they pick up) so they can prevent releasing it and having retailers heavily discounting it or not even bothering to carry it.

And if numbers don't pick up then what? Cancelled or they release a game months after its been already out on other platforms. Unless somebody only owns a wii u why not just pick it up on another platform instead of waiting for the Wii u release?

Maybe Nintendo asked them to release at a later date which to be would be a silly thing to do.

Edited by liger05

And if numbers don't pick up then what? Cancelled or they release a game months after its been already out on other platforms. Unless somebody only owns a wii u why not just pick it up on another platform instead of waiting for the Wii u release?

Maybe Nintendo asked them to release at a later date which to be would be a silly thing to do.

If they don't pick up (which I think is the most likely at this point), I can see them going for digital release only. Judging that the delay is genuine and they still do intend to release for the platform, at this point they might as well release it. It's just down to whether or not they consider the overheads of a physical release a worthwhile gamble.

I very much doubt Nintendo asked them to move it to a later date. They need games now.