NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs (Nov 21st)

95% certain I'll get the wii u version. Unless the PS4 version is substantially better, which I can't see.

Wii U version for me, too. I loved the map on the GamePad in ACIII and Batman, so this one should benefit greatly as well. I doubt there will be any Wii U -specific upgrades.

Seems like Wii U isn't getting DedSec Editioin anymore, has been removed from some of the retailer's lists. Sucks, but what can I do, I'll just get the normal version then. Or was there some ind of Special Edition, I forget.

Oh shit

RUMOR - Watch_Dogs' Wii U version in trouble?

We're hearing some reports out of Italy that GameStop has yanked the Wii U listing for Watch_Dogs. The title is no longer available for preorder on Nintendo's platform. It looks like everything is still good here in the states. Is there trouble brewing for the Wii U version, or is this just a misunderstanding?

even though AC and splinter cell bombed big time on Wii U, I did think Ubisoft would still release watch dogs.

if this is cancelled then thats Ubisoft done with Wii U.

Wouldn't this game be best on Wii U? The main character hacks stuff from his mobile phone which makes it perfect for the Game Pad. If I do buy it then I'll probably get the Wii U version

I would be shocked if it wasn't released simply cos development costs have already been incurred so they might as well release it now even though it will bomb hard.

Make of this what you will.

CVG contacted the studio to address the rumour after it was claimed that Italian branches of GameStop have been cancelling pre-orders and informing customers the Wii U version had been scrapped.

"We have nothing to comment at the moment," a Ubisoft spokesperson replied.

It is unclear why Ubisoft is not discussing the matter, though the publisher has a general policy of not addressing rumours and speculation.

If it is still under development then why not just say now and dismiss these rumours?

I don't believe it's cancelled but you never know. Remember Aliens: Colonial Marines, that was cancelled a month before launch on Wii U, no loss whatsoever. If this game bombs, I'd say that's it from Ubisoft, they've probably already decided they're off. This is just the last game on the conveyor belt. We'll be left with that casual rubbish, Just Prance.

I don't remember seeing any Wii U specific footage or screenshots of this game. Pretty sure there's been none.

I don't believe it's cancelled but you never know. Remember Aliens: Colonial Marines, that was cancelled a month before launch on Wii U, no loss whatsoever. If this game bombs, I'd say that's it from Ubisoft, they've probably already decided they're off. This is just the last game on the conveyor belt. We'll be left with that casual rubbish, Just Prance.

I don't remember seeing any Wii U specific footage or screenshots of this game. Pretty sure there's been none.

What the hell is wrong with Just Dance? It's a quality party game. :weep:

What the hell is wrong with Just Dance? It's a quality party game. :weep:

Each to their own but I've no time for it or its ilk.

I was starting to lose interest in this game, but it will be an absolute shame if it gets canned :/

I was starting to lose interest in this game, but it will be an absolute shame if it gets canned :/

Yeah, I have very little interest in it either but if it is cancelled it's just another nail in the Wii U coffin.

Yeah, I have very little interest in it either but if it is cancelled it's just another nail in the Wii U coffin.

It's the sort of game that screams out GamePad integration too, for unique ways of play. They've even done GamePad stuff for the companion app.

Such a shame

I don't get the hype around this game to be honest. Maybe after its lengthy delay, that will have changed but, they might have fleshed it out a bit more but...can anyone explain why they are excited for this?

The Wii U version being developed by Ubisoft Bucharest (separately from the others, I think) so this might make a cancellation more likely.

I don't get the hype around this game to be honest. Maybe after its lengthy delay, that will have changed but, they might have fleshed it out a bit more but...can anyone explain why they are excited for this?

Well you see... it's because... :blank:

...essentially, what it comes down to is... :hmm:

...that I have absolutely no idea why either. :heh:

I liked the idea of being able to manipulate the entire electronics of a city to my whim.

Are you talking about Watch_Dogs or Super Mario 3D World? ;)

I'm more excited about W_D than I ever was about SM3DW. But then that's the benefit of making something I've not played a million iterations of (but seriously, literally over 10 iterations of), even if it's a much worse game.

Also, Titanfall. Could that game have been bought any more press? It looks fun, yeah, but a killer app? Yeah, no. Not an ice cube's chance in Hell.

Edited by Daft

The retailer that cancelled the pre-orders and removed listings has now added it back

It would be mental and a mini disaster for Wii U. Can you imagine wii U getting less than 10 3rd party games in year :) That'd be worse than 3DO and Jaguar :)