N-Europe

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Retro_Link

Ezio is boring, but then so is everyone else in Assassin's Creed. Except Haytham and that guy who writes the codex entries.

This game should star a Brit.

He was awesome! Best thing about III for me. Hopefully his dad will be just as good.

Yesterday, numerous leaks hinted at the game's existence and offered up a few extra details - that the game is set in 1715 and stars a pirate assassin named Edward Kenway - father of Haytham and grandfather of Connor from AC3.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bringing another Creed game onto the current gen consoles, i was thinking it would be a launch for the next gen. If they make it for the next-gen Xbox/PS4 then i may get it for that over the current gen.

And pirates, now i can see why the Naval missions were in III. Loved them.

Say what, it's being built using the 360 then ported to next-gen. Makes little to no sense at all.

Well, as when this launches at the end of the year the next gen will have an install base of around nothing and the previous gen will have one of around 160 million! Thus I should imagine that Ubisoft are betting on this game selling more copies on the PS3 and 360 than on the PS4 and 720.

Hence, making the 360 the lead platform and porting the game up makes more sense than the other way around at this point - plus I should imagine that will be cheaper as well too.

And strange considering that Assassin's Creed 3 was seemingly developed on PS3 (E3 footage was PS3) and both games have exclusive PS3 content.

Apparently all of them have been developed for the 360, and that's why it runs best on it with the PS3 struggling much more, and the Wii U being between them (though that was a relatively rushed port)

I assume from the lack of comments on the trailer that everyone else is as fed up with this constant stream of Assassin's Creed as I am. I haven't even had a chance to play Liberation yet!

... And yet I know I'll buy this. :blank:

Edit: I just noticed that the two threads have reversed icons.

Edited by Magnus

All these videos are now "private"

NOOO.

But I'm not holding high hopes for the game. The sailing sections were... OKish, but I wouldn't want the majority of the game to be like it.

I'm hoping the main area (like the Frontier in AC3) is completely oceanbased like Wind Waker, allowing you to fully explore

I disagree with this in every strongest possible sense.

Has everyone got franchise fatigue when it comes to AC all of a sudden?

I can't be the only one looking forward to this, surely?

It's too early to tell what the quality will be like. But looking at previous outings all signs would point to AAA production values and a unique backdrop in which to engage the senses in. Now a new story arc emerges, this could also have a better plot! Win!

If they continue to improve the variety ala AC3 yet integrate it into the main plot line more, this should be superb.

Also, huge franchise comes to Wii U: Yet no-one seems interested...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-04-assassins-creed-4-black-flag-preview-how-ubisoft-plans-to-hook-you-back-in

Notable bits

But before all of that, Kenway and players will get the largest stomping grounds of any Assassin's Creed to date, far more than just the above three main settlements. Ubisoft is building 50 locations for the game, dotted around the Caribbean map for players to uncover. These include hidden coves full of smugglers, smaller fishing villages where you can undertake side-missions and find upgrades, remote tobacco-rich plantations for some land-based piracy, the series' traditional forts, more Mayan ruins, coconut tree desert islands where you can pick up marooned men for your crew and thick, dense areas of jungle to explore.

Exploration beneath the waves is now possible too. Lowered down using an authentic period diving bell, Kenway can explore submerged wrecks that lie on the ocean bed bursting with treasure. You'll also have to contend with the local wildlife and, in one rather Far Cry-esque instance we were shown, be able to stab a shark in the face with your cutlass.

Above the waves, Ubisoft has put thought into how to keep boat-based travel interesting. At any time when sailing you'll be able to take out a spyglass and spot side-missions and random events open to you - a new island to explore, a convoy to attack, the Navy in hot pursuit, or wildlife to hunt down (you can even harpoon whales, PETA will be pleased to find out).

It also has big cities

City-based exploration is still key to the series, Ubisoft stressed. Despite all the advancements in nautical navigation, Black Flag would not be an Assassin's Creed game without chases over rooftops. For that there is Havana, capital of Cuba but described as the most European-style city in the game, like AC2's Florence but under the Caribbean sun. There's also Kingston, a British town similar to AC3's Boston, surrounded by plantations and tobacco fields. Finally, players will explore Nassau, a base for Bahamian buccaneers, and the most traditionally piratey area of the game.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!