Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooooh! That WiiU banner at the top has a really nice colour.

I hope that sticks for our versions. Or is that always what the Japanese boxes have?

No it's not the norm and it's a black box as well which again is unusual. I'd be happy if we get the same.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Overview/Field trailer with English subtitles - XenobladeX

The new Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer with English subtitles!

Since I see no one doing it, why not do it myself? It's good practice, and I hope more people get to know this game more. Keep in mind though that I'm not a native English speaker, so some translations may seem weird or unappropriate.

Lots of credits goes to Gessenkou on GameFAQS, since I borrowed a lot of his translations, especially the names of places and Overeds. He has a different translation of the speeches, where as mine is more of a direct translate, his is a somewhat revised version. Mine is probably closer to the original meaning, but his has more attitude, and probably better suited for English speakers.

Here is the link for his documents:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vCR9angO2tnBbvogSoSL_uxHKxgbUUPNisy3ce91Bbo/pub#id.189srzrk65lg

One more thing, I've only played the original Xenoblade in Japanese, so I don't know how the Nopons speak in English, so pardon me for giving Tatsu normal speeches.

Make sure to have enabled*captions and annotations switched on.

Off-TV Play In Xenoblade Chronicles X Was Requested Mainly By Western Fans

Last week, Monolith Soft and Nintendo streamed a presentation containing information on Xenoblade Chronicles X, their upcoming Wii U RPG. During the presentation, Monolith shared a look at various aspects of the game, including:

• Your home base, New Los Angeles
  • Exploration and bonding with townsfolk
  • The game’s five continents

During the exploration segment, Monolith showed off how the game will utilize the Wii U GamePad by displaying area information and certain convenient applications on the screen. In addition to this, as we’ve reported in the past, the game also supports Off-TV Play via the GamePad, and director Koh Kojima touched upon this on Twitter.

In a series of tweets made today, Kojima stated that Off-TV Play is a feature that was requested mainly by Western fans, which is interesting to know.

At first, Kojima says, he was uncertain whether or not the Off-TV Play feature would work as intended, just due to the sheer amount of information displayed on the screen during battles, but ultimately it turned out okay so the feature was implemented.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/09/off-tv-play-in-xenoblade-chronicles-x-was-requested-mainly-by-western-fans/

As mentioned by a few people in the Splatoon thread, simply hit the ignore button. Seriously, why don't people use this?

Failing that you could always leave the site. I did for a month or two last year due to members annoying me and felt great when I came back.

Also, complaining about the complaining is just as common. This place is no different to the rest of the Internet. Neogaf are having the exact same discussions except it's easier to move things along on there due to the sheer numbers.

I watched the presentation and im loving the scale of things. Sadly the character models really annoy me, like REALLY annoy me.

Because it's the same damn argument every single thread.

Sure people can complain, if someone says they don't like the less colourful environments, or the character faces or maybe someone is unsure because they didn't play the first and can't tell whether this will be right for them.

But when every single thread is clogged up with the same circular argument on voice chat it's pathetic.

It's just repeated day in day out. As such, a thread on Nintendo's online infrastructure and their online policy would be a more suitable outlet for those arguments. That way people can concentrate on discussing the game in question rather than just repeating the same tired arguments.

We already know that Nintendo have a backward policy regarding online modes and features. Discussing it over and over in ten different threads won't change anything.

Sure people can complain, if someone says they don't like the less colourful environments, or the character faces or maybe someone is unsure because they didn't play the first and can't tell whether this will be right for them.

But when every single thread is clogged up with the same circular argument on voice chat it's pathetic.

It's just repeated day in day out. As such, a thread on Nintendo's online infrastructure and their online policy would be a more suitable outlet for those arguments. That way people can concentrate on discussing the game in question rather than just repeating the same tired arguments.

We already know that Nintendo have a backward policy regarding online modes and features. Discussing it over and over in ten different threads won't change anything.

I hear what you're saying and yes it can be a bit repetitive and annoying at times. As I said, best to just block those you have issues with and that way you don't have to read their posts.

I'm pretty sure I made a thread a while back about Nintendo's attitude to online gaming. I would give it a bump but I'm at work at the moment and don't have the time to search for it.

I think contributing is the varied implementation of online features by Nintendo/in WiiU games - it isn't actually exactly the same every time, and given the variety it does move closer to being a game-specific issue, just like art, gameplay, gampad usage etc could be too.

Obvious solution is clearly just OS level voice chat implementation for Wii U ;)

I'm kind of surprised that with the character creation seeming to be very similar to that of PSO2 why they didn't carry over similar character faces as well? :blank:

The whole game looks great aside from the faces which look like they wouldn't have even made it to concept stage in a game like PSO... I'm just really quite perplexed as they seem to have at least drawn inspiration from it for a lot of elements aside from the faces. :heh:

I mean they even have the dedicated 'boob slider' so why they didn't copy all other general aesthetics - obviously changing things slightly for copyright reasons - is beyond me. :indeed:

I still don't get the hate regarding the faces. :hmm:

I'm well aware that I'm very much in the minority in liking these designs (having seen the backlash on here and neogaf :hehe:) but I genuinely don't see what's wrong with them. ::shrug:

Like I mentioned before, they remind me of Gerry Anderson's marionettes:

9yUnNG2.jpg?1

Which are awesome. :awesome:

Do the people that dislike the faces in Xenoblade Chronicles X also dislike the above?

reggiewhat'swrongwithyou.gif :heh:

The marionettes look drastically better than the derpy XCX faces.
That's a no then. :hehe:

Damn, that just confuses me even more. :grin:

Anyway, we're going to be spending the majority of the time playing this game looking at the back of the character's head, so I guess it doesn't make much difference whether you like the faces or not. :heh:

That's a no then. :hehe:

Damn, that just confuses me even more. :grin:

Anyway, we're going to be spending the majority of the time playing this game looking at the back of the character's head, so I guess it doesn't make much difference whether you like the faces or not. :heh:

Yeah it doesn't bother me to any major extent, I'm just slightly worried that I'll be really immersed in the game and then a derpy-faced cutscene will break the immersion.

Do the people that dislike the faces in Xenoblade Chronicles X also dislike the above?

reggiewhat'swrongwithyou.gif :heh:

I don't dislike the faces in XCX. It's not a big deal to me. I do hate Thunderbirds and all that string puppet crap though. Couldn't stand it as a kid.

Yeah it doesn't bother me to any major extent, I'm just slightly worried that I'll be really immersed in the game and then a derpy-faced cutscene will break the immersion.

Thi is a slight concern, but lipsyching and emotion is my biggest concern, Alien Infestation breaks the immersion all the time for this, the "life like" graphics are awful and the lip synching... just looks terrible. I find this a lot with most "realistic" games, we're clearly no there yet, but we're close enough that the uncanny valley is a hideous place to be...

I'd prefer them not to even try lip-synching and have more representative emotions like how a lot of Japanese games work. As long as they do this, I could cope with gormless protagonists.

For the record, I don't hate the faces, they're just not the best ones I've seen in a game like this, I like Thuderbirds as well but I don't think these look like them.

Anyway here's a brief comparison...

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-Male-Avatar.jpg

Phantasy Star Online 2

pso20120407_041744_000.jpg

I know it's easy to say 'what's the difference?' but there were a lot more options to alter the face if you didn't like it, I know they are two different games but I just thought it would be interesting to compare. : peace:

I know it's easy to say 'what's the difference?' but there were a lot more options to alter the face if you didn't like it, I know they are two different games but I just thought it would be interesting to compare. : peace:
We've still not seen all of the available customisation options in Xenoblade though.

That vid I posted earlier just shows the preset face types and body size, but there appear to be at least 17 other options/menus in there.

Today's update on the official site also seems to suggest that you can use face paint and masks too. :hehe:

We've still not seen all of the available customisation options in Xenoblade though.

That vid I posted earlier just shows the preset face types and body size, but there appear to be at least 17 other options/menus in there.

Today's update on the official site also seems to suggest that you can use face paint and masks too. :hehe:

I wasn't aware of this, in that case hopefully there will be a decent amount of customisation then. :)

Here’s The Download Sizes For Xenoblade Chronicles X And Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Want to know how much space Xenoblade Chronicles X and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D will take up on your Wii U and New Nintendo 3DS? Well read on. Amazon Japan states that Xenoblade Chronicles X will take up more than 22.7GB and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D will be up to 3.6GB. You’ll certainly need an external hard drive if you’re thinking of purchasing Xenoblade Chronicles X digitally on your Wii U, that’s for sure.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/02/18/heres-the-download-sizes-for-xenoblade-chronicles-x-and-xenoblade-chronicles-3d/

Translated Twitter information from Director Koh Kojima says that equipping things will mostly be the same as in the original Xenoblade Chronicles – head, torso, legs, and feet. Kojima ended his Tweets by saying there’s more reflected in cut-scenes compared to the first Xenoblade Chronicles, and that’s great for players.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=152273270&postcount=1130

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Hopper camera footage

Xenoblade Chronicles X – Ru introduced, Segment Map and Data Probes info

ru-1.jpg

ru-2.png

Monolith Soft updated the Japanese Xenoblade Chronicles X website today. We have a look at another character, plus some other game elements.

New character Ru is introduced by Monolith Soft (voiced by Ryotaro Okiayu). Ru is an inventor and native from Mira, who makes his living by selling his inventions to Nopon and other native species. He has a very curious personality and feels close to the newly arrived humans. Ru also is very familiar with idioms for some reason.

http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-ru-introduced-segment-map-and-data-probes-info/

The Segment Map

icon_field03_seg_01.png A Frontier Net Spot is in this segment

icon_field03_seg_02.png A data probe has been placed here.

icon_field03_seg_03.png Can fast travel to this location/segment.

icon_field03_seg_04.png No information on this segment.

icon_field03_topic_01.png A dangerous monster/Overed is here.

icon_field03_topic_02.png A Treasure Chest is here.

icon_field03_topic_03.png The goal for a normal quest is here.

icon_field03_topic_04.png The goal for a kizuna/affinity quest is here.

icon_field03_topic_05.png This segment's goals are complete.

Data Probes

The Frontier Net made up of Data Probes will automatically mine for things like Miranium, an all-purpose ore, and other ores and crystals called ‘Rare Resources’. By finding Treasure Chests and completing quests, you will be able to upgrade the Data Probes functions.

icon_world04_probe_01.png

Mining Probe: Increases production, gathers more 'Miranium'.

icon_world04_probe_02.png

Research Probe: If you've found a hidden area or beautiful view in the areas surrounding this probe, you can gather tourism money.

icon_world04_probe_03.png

Battle Probe: Battling within the region surrounding this probe will give you various effects during battle.

icon_world04_probe_04.png

Storage Probe: Increases the amount of Miranium you can store.

icon_world04_probe_05.png

Strength Probe: Increases the effects of surrounding data probes.

icon_world04_probe_06.png

Copy Probe: Copies the effects of surrounding data probes.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=152686616&postcount=1161

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!