NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Any one know of a good cheap mic I can get? I haven't used voice chat on games for ages (apart from Minecraft as that's chill) because I get kinda distracted from the game itself lol. But I'm willing to give it a whirl as our [mention=3591]Animal[/mention]wants some hardcore online action with me
We need the same games first, haha. It'd be cool to talk to n-e peeps on it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just now, Animal said:

We need the same games first, haha. It'd be cool to talk to n-e peeps on it.

We both have Forza!

We both have Forza!
We need more! I play retro shit too, haha. Oh. My. God! Pacman 256! Synced at the same time! I'm feeling it!

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Animal said:

We need more! I play retro shit too, haha. Oh. My. God! Pacman 256! Synced at the same time! I'm feeling it!

I love that game! Does it have online?

I love that game! Does it have online?
I've just checked and it doesn't! Rare Replay has some multi-player, right?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Animal said:

I've just checked and it doesn't! Rare Replay has some multi-player, right?

Yeah man, we can have some races on Nuts n Bolts!

Just got a haul on the Xbox sales.

Batman telltale series 1 and 2. 

Resident Evil 5 to co-op for the fourth time :D.

LIfe is Strange.

Resident Evil Revelations. 

Also currently playing a game called Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. 

Really enjoying it. Pretty unique style of gameplay. 

Finished What Remains of Edith Finch yesterday. Not sure how I felt about it. Some pretty good stories, and again some unique gameplay ideas like playing through the comic book etc. But I didn't invest emotionally in it like I expected to. Maybe that says more about me than the game itself though :D. 

This console really is such a righteous piece of shit. I don’t know how anyone uses it as a primary or only console. The simple act of turning it on and logging in and accessing my games list took multiple tries and console resets culminating in about 15 minutes before doing a cold boot from unplugging it. 

Then lo and behold Mass Effect 2 was moved from the Queue to the Games list (makes sense I downloaded it a week ago) but when I start it...well it was only 53% finished. The asinine system just decided it couldn’t be bothered with actually fucking finishing the download it claimed to finish. 

4 years in and this OS still feels like an unfinished Beta. I hate that most my posts in here are so negative but where the fuck are the positives?! And I have tried to like the system, I’ve spent enough damn money on it multiple times now. Oh I’ve got one positive. It downloads quickly unlike anything Sony. Up 20% (of a 13.23GB game) in the time it took to type this. 

Edit: my issues at startup were that I wasn’t logged in. Multiple tries and restarts needed just to sign in and even then it would only partially sign in. And no my internet is not to blame as everything else was fine at the time.  I finally unplugged it (twice, first time the controller forgot how to turn on the system) and it worked as advertised 

another edit. Another positive. It should have occurred to me earlier but Microsofts efforts into backwards compatibility have been fucking stellar. From none to some with restrictions to single disc, to multi disc games to OG Xbox games they have shamed everyone else. Yeah it’s not perfect or all inclusive of the available games. But it’s a fuck load better than the Switches nothing, and PS4s rebuy it on PS4 if it has a rerelease and paltry PS2/1 offerings (still a repurchase.)

new year new me I’m being positive with my negativity. Also there is no new me. 

Edited by Nolan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

God fucking dammit. Fuck. 

I don’t have an old Mass Effect file (different Xbox pre cloud). And for some absolutely retarded reason Mass Effect 2 goes with Wrex being dead. Like fuck. Fuck. 

He and Garrus are literally the best characters. Who the fuck legit kills Wrex?! This damn near makes me not want to keep playing Mass Effect 2. And I know that I’m ME3 either I need to not import data (which if ME2 is any indication they’ll still kill the best character bioware has had since fucking Minsc 20 years ago) or continue accepting this bullshit false Shepard. Because fuck me I didn’t want to buy Genesis and pay to have my choices carry over from a movie. 

Like fuck. 2pWXOE5.jpg

Been on this screen the whole fucking time I’ve typed this. 

• Sad 1

Sea of Thieves is not only launching physical and digital in March 20th, it'll also be available on the Game Pass subscription service day one as well!

I don't have it, and don't play my One S enough to warrant it, but a potentially huge move from Microsoft in a move towards a Netflix like games service. Getting day one games could see a service like this sky rocket.

It seems a good idea, but this is Microsoft seemingly going backwards with the Xbox.  They had a similar idea in 2013, and that worked so well that it was removed as quick as it was announced.

I was all for buying Sea of Thieves but as my job situation recently changed, game pass will do me nicely for now. I think what they're trying to do with gamepass is a great idea, I just hope it doesn't affect game sales too much as SOT is make or break for Rare. 

I managed to bag Forza Storm Island DLC for £4! FOUR! Glad I held off on buying it full price now because what a bargain. I really love it, it's the most 'Excite Truck' Forza has been yet. As the island is smaller scale I also plan to 100% it, something that seems impossible for the full game haha. 

I finally got around to trying out Back to the Future telltale from Gold last month. I'm not sure what to think - I enjoyed it for the most part but the soup section dragged on a bit. I'll give episode 2 a crack soon. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josh64 said:

I was all for buying Sea of Thieves but as my job situation recently changed, game pass will do me nicely for now. I think what they're trying to do with gamepass is a great idea, I just hope it doesn't affect game sales too much as SOT is make or break for Rare. 

I managed to bag Forza Storm Island DLC for £4! FOUR! Glad I held off on buying it full price now because what a bargain. I really love it, it's the most 'Excite Truck' Forza has been yet. As the island is smaller scale I also plan to 100% it, something that seems impossible for the full game haha. 

I finally got around to trying out Back to the Future telltale from Gold last month. I'm not sure what to think - I enjoyed it for the most part but the soup section dragged on a bit. I'll give episode 2 a crack soon. 

I think if they can pump out "delighted to announce X million players have sailed the seas since launch" and other such statistical headlines then it'll be a success for them; if we don't hear anything like that, then Sea of Thieves/Rare could be in big trouble.

It'll have a job competing with PUBG and Fortnite though, sad to see MHW already falling back in streaming stats, if SOT has enough content and excitement to break into that side of things it'll be a home run for them.

Still got my 14 day free pass, so I'll use that on SOT launch to see how it plays, hopefully be streaming it all day too if anyone fancies seeing what it's all about (nothing like a 32 year old man asking his parents to baby sit because he wants to play a new game for the day to make you feel pathetic...)

• Thanks 1

More Game Pass games announced for March.

On January 23 we announced a major expansion to Xbox Game Pass that underscores our commitment to deliver our fans the ultimate gaming membership – by launching all new Xbox One exclusive games from Microsoft Studios into Xbox Game Pass on the same date as their global release. And we are incredibly excited on March 20 to bring critically acclaimed Sea of Thieves to Xbox Game Pass members the same day as its global release.

In March, Xbox Game Pass members can also look forward to Rise of the Tomb Raider, Super Lucky’s Tale, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Oxenfree, Sonic CD, The Final Station, and Euro Fishing coming to Xbox Game Pass March 1, in addition to over 100 more great games included in your membership. Plus, tune in to Mixer on March 1, too and watch our favorite streamers get hands-on with the latest additions to the catalog.

Game Pass seems like crazy good value. 

• Like 1

I'm just waiting for the right time to use my 14 days I got free for buying the Xbox One X in November. 

Hope it doesn't have an expiry actually. :confused:

It is amazing value. Fuming Super Lucky's Tale is on there. I bought that and whilst it was kinda enjoyable in a really relaxing / easy gameplay way, I'd have preferred to have played it for nothing! :D

I was looking at the update given to Crackdown ( newly added to the BC list ) and it's amazing what it looks like on the newer hardware. Microsoft may have dropped the ball in certain areas this gen but their support for their back catalogue is second to none. Whereas Nintendo and Sony are happy to sell gamers remasters and ports, Microsort are giving gamers updates that make their older games better looking and run better for free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Looks like Inside Xbox is returning.

I’m thrilled to announce that Inside Xbox will debut on March 10th at 12:00PM PST, marking the dawn of a brand-new way for the team to celebrate our news, our games, and our fans.

Inside Xbox is many things. A premier live news broadcast that will highlight breaking announcements and a peek behind the curtain of Team Xbox. A glimpse at the mysteries of game design and a celebration of some of the month’s most exciting games and features. Most of all, it’s an opportunity for us to celebrate and listen to you, the community. All of this will be available streaming in 4K/UHD on supported services and platforms.

You can watch Inside Xbox in all the places you would expect, including Mixer.com/Xbox, YouTube.com/Xbox, Twitch.TV/Xbox, and Facebook.com/Xbox.

For us, Inside Xbox is the next step on a path Team Xbox has been traveling for many years. From programs like feedback.xbox.com to the Xbox Insider Program, and the great work the team has done with Gaming For Everyone, we believe strongly in transparency, inclusion, and having an authentic two-way conversation with our fans. We want to hear from you as much as we want you to hear from us.

Whether you want us to celebrate your clutch 1v4 Chicken Dinner in PUBG, show off your epic treasure haul in Sea of Thieves, ask questions of our interviewees, provide feedback, or just want to sass (politely of course) our friendly hosts, drop us a line using #insidexbox on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. We may highlight your content or commentary from our dedicated community desk on the show, overseen by our good friends Rukari Austin and Alex Hebert.

Of course, we’ll also be unlocking the “free stuff chest” with prizes and giveaways for those that participate in the conversation, including some great MixPot giveaways, so make sure you’ve got your Mixer account all squared away and connected to your Microsoft Account.

Hosting the show will be Xbox luminaries Larry Hryb, Graeme Boyd, Jeff Rubenstein, Alex Hebert, Lydia Ellery, and more.

For our inaugural episode, these fine folks will be crewing a ship bursting at the seams with content. We’ll be sitting down with Rare to discuss the incredible energy from fans surrounding Sea of Thieves, including an illuminating conversation on the core design principle that drives the game, how they’ve acted on feedback from the Closed Beta, and what fans can expect from the game at launch (as well as a tantalizing hint of new adventures to come post-launch).

We’ll be breaking Xbox Game Pass news, debuting upcoming new console features, forging gold (true story), and saying hello to two wonderful old friends (one human, one plastic). You’ll also be able to enjoy a sit-down with Microsoft Studios Executive Producer Nico Bihary to discuss Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds, explore what it’s like to bring Far Cry 5’s most polarizing character to life, and much more.

We hope Inside Xbox will become a monthly communal event for us and for you. We hope you’ll be energized by what’s coming, better educated about what’s new, and empowered to better enjoy our favorite pastime with great new features and content.

Welcome back to Inside Xbox, and we’ll see you online on March 10th at 12:00PM PST.

I remember when this used to be a thing back on the 360. It was always a fun watch, even if the news they reported on was always out of date. When it got cancelled a few of them went on to create Outside Xbox, which is an unofficial Xbox channel over on YouTube.

EDIT: A quick check on Google and I see they have a bunch of the old episodes up on YouTube. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialInsideXbox

Edited by Hero-of-Time

On 01/03/2018 at 3:36 PM, Aneres11 said:

Yay! Definitely happy about that. Cheers for heads up! :)

I'm loving the new world but it's gnarly! The base game is quite chill and relaxing but some of the puzzles and especially the last boss in this DLC are Crash 1 levels of hard.

• Like 1

This thread needs some more negativity. Yesterday I downloaded the Sea of Thieves open beta with no problems (unfortunately I missed the beta period. Oops.) 

Today, trying to do almost anything on the console including play games or watch Netflix results in error code 0x800401fb which apparently is an error code that doesn’t fucking exist. Google turns up a few results of posts similar to mine from last year. 

It literally just fixed itself about 10 seconds after typing this post....what in the fuck. 

In other good good news I saw yesterday that Turok 2 is on the console complete with 16 player multiplayer soooo that’s kind of awesome. 

• Thanks 1

Back to the positivity in this thread...

So i activated my game pass trial last night, with a week to go before Sea of Thieves. Also fancied a go on a few of the games on there already, starting with Super Lucky's Tale...consider me a fan like @Aneres11 and @Josh64

It has its limitations, a few bugs here and there, and I'm not sure how I would have felt having paid £20 for it...but I've really enjoyed the atmosphere its created so far! In my head this is what I imagine Conker 64 would have been before it became Bad Fur Day.

I wouldn't say it does anything particularly original, but it is full of joy and I've just finished off the first two worlds this morning. Hoping to get it finished tonight when my lad is asleep again, providing it carries on the same trajectory of level lay outs. 

Like MH on Xbox though, the achievements give a way just how much people have played the game; I got a rare achievement, under 10% of those who have played it...have beaten the second world boss! Shocking statistic.

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Like MH on Xbox though, the achievements give a way just how much people have played the game; I got a rare achievement, under 10% of those who have played it...have beaten the second world boss! Shocking statistic.

Welcome to modern gaming. I often check people's trophies and find a lot of gamers don't give a game time to sink in and instead choose to keep jumping from game to game, without actually having finished one. It doesn't help that games have become very cheap so people end up buying more than they can actually play. They then become overwhelmed by choice and, again, end up not actually playing things all the way through. I find the whole thing baffling and don't understand how it can be satisfying playing games like that? ::shrug:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I often check people's trophies and find a lot of gamers don't give a game time to sink in and instead choose to keep jumping from game to game, without actually having finished one.

Well, if a game is not enjoyable to a person, why would he continue playing it? There have been games that I've played for 10 minutes and thought: fuck it, this is boring.