NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Well maybe Microsoft are trying to set a record on how many utterly moronic functions they can cram into one machine? Thus far, they're doing pretty good.

woah woah woah woah tying purchased games to an xbox live membership and if this lapses so does your access?! so mandatory xbox live to use the console? that can not be true....can it? thats just suicide

I think Microsoft are trying to do away with hardware completely.

At this point, MS really does look like this...

dick.jpg

But as we all know, he always finishes last ;)

woah woah woah woah tying purchased games to an xbox live membership and if this lapses so does your access?! so mandatory xbox live to use the console? that can not be true....can it? thats just suicide

This is one area where I think even MS won't go that low. There will be an explanation about this, I imagine.

If that's for real it's probably a case where you get brand new retail games much cheaper and tout it from the start as a subscriber/rental service. If it was cheap enough and only applied to the games you choose it to apply to, it actually makes sense.

In the same way paying to play online makes sense?

No, I'm saying done the right way it could work. Trust me I'm not interested in needlessly defending Xbox, I won't be buying an Xbox One unless they go back on half the DRM shit they've announced. Wouldn't it be dull if you all just came on here and posted your le reddit rage faces and agreed with everything each other said? I'm being the voice of reason.

So imagine, you can still buy games the "normal" way (normal by Xbox's new standards) but option 2 is more akin to PS+ but where you choose the games you get, and they're cheap, rather than free. If it's cheap enough, it solves the problem of both renting and trading games. You pay say £14 for the new Call of Duty, £8 for a game that's been out a while, cheaper than anywhere else you can buy the game outright, the difference is you can only keep that game for as long as you have a sub, which might be a month, might be the next five years.

Wouldn't be everyone's first choice, but you can mix and match, permanently own the games you want the most and do this for those that don't mean anything to you.

It's just an idea. Out of everything we've heard, if this is true and done right, it's not that bad. We'll probably know by tonight, so I might be taking all this back and telling them to go fuck themselves, but we can wait and see.

Edited by Shorty

Next-Gen my head. This is a giant leap backwards. They should re-focus on the gaming side or just stick with their TV in TV's from now on.

5:30 set your alarms for more tv tv tv tv tv tv skype tv tv tv film tv tv sports tv sports film tv tv calllll of duty tv tv tv

winning no prizes ere so far hopefully the sony conference will be good as if they do u-turn and get all evil like MS will just be getting a wiiu

This is one area where I think even MS won't go that low. There will be an explanation about this, I imagine.

@Agent Gibbs -Microsoft haven't said anywhere that is the case and you have to remember that you can have an Xbox Live Silver account that you don't need to pay for. If your Gold membership expires you automatically go onto a Silver account.

IGN have an article up right now explaining the used games policy and guess what... Everyone here who was complaining and making up stuff is wrong!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online

“We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.

"Xbox One will also allow you to give up to 10 family members access to "log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One." Similar to Xbox 360, "a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time. ""

I would have thought that as a group of well-informed individuals people here would be able to see past the all the rubbish that is being posted on the Internet but apparently not.

Edited by Charlie

@Shorty

I'm not being serious, it was just a gentle ribbing. I'm not as uproarious as some are over the DRM/Kinect stuff, I just find the backlash amusing. That's not to say the contempt isn't just, I agree Microsoft is far gone.

The way I see it, there'll be some bullshit modernising features on both consoles that no sane gamer has asked for, but the fact is I want to play next generation games. If that means sucking a cock or two, then so be it.

It looks to me like lending a game to a mate will still be a bit tricky, and there'll be potential issues trading/selling on etc.

On a completely unrelated note - I saw Lowri Turner mention the XBone on the wright stuff this morning(I know there is so much to judge me on here, please don't) and she was talking about backwards compatability and whatnot! (or lack thereof, rather) Was a bit strange really.

Sony trolling Microsoft!

We’re just over an hour away from E3 officially kicking off with the Microsoft press conference at 9AM PST, but as it turns out, there will be a “special PS Vita Worldwide Reveal” at 8:50AM PST. This news comes via Geoff Keighley, who, like us, is preparing for all the craziness that it is about to ensue today.

It’s not just the PlayStation Vita that’s going to be getting some attention this morning, as Geoff also teased it’s “going to be a huge day for a TON of next-gen game announcements.” With the Xbox conference slated to have 20 different games, and the Sony one sure to have more than a few surprises, expect Geoff’s words to hold true.

Whatever that PlayStation Vita game turns out to be, we’ll be sure to let you know exactly what it is.

from playstationlifestyle.net. E3 starts! :)

The way I see it, there'll be some bullshit modernising features on both consoles that no sane gamer has asked for, but the fact is I want to play next generation games. If that means sucking a cock or two, then so be it.

This is basically how 99.99% of gamers in the know are about all of this. Up in arms over DRM, EA, origin bullshit etc, but when it comes down to it, you want the game and change isn't going to happen quick enough for you to wait before playing it.

Ok so again following the Eurogamer live feed, this is all abit "my mothers brothers sons daughter" but apparently...

I saw a post on NeoGAF that the MS website briefly show'd it's listed price (£475 UK) but there was no screenshot to corroberate that.

from the chap running the eurogamer live feed, take it for what's it worth! (which may not be much at all!)

Sorry if old but skipped a few pages.

I had to laugh -

V5rYDOL.jpg

Mountain Dew® and Doritos® Brands Will Offer THOUSANDS of Microsoft Xbox One Systems through Biggest Gaming Promotion in Brand History

Promotion Kicks off in Fall 2013; Register for Updates Today at http://www.DEWandDORITOS.com

PURCHASE, N.Y. and PLANO, TEXAS, June 10, 2013 – Gaming fans in the U.S. will soon be able to experience the next level of play thanks to the biggest gaming promotion in Mountain Dew and Doritos brand history.

This fall, celebrating a new generation of gaming, the Mountain Dew and Doritos brands will give fans the opportunity to get their hands on THOUSANDS of Xbox One consoles, the all-in-one gaming and entertainment system.

To get started, gaming enthusiasts can sign up now at DEWandDORITOS.com for updates.

“The Mountain Dew and Doritos brands are going to reward gamers in the biggest way possible this year with a variety of opportunities to get their hands on the new Xbox One,” said Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb. “We’ll be sharing more details throughout the summer, but rest assured that DEW and Doritos are creating something that is truly befitting of our epic new generation hardware.”