N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

I thought Killzone looked stunning, you people seem to have forgotten what console games currently look like. 8GB of RAM blew my mind and I've even been pleasantly surprised by the social aspect. Quick resuming and streaming downloads is right up my alley too. Xbox is going to have to do a lot to beat this.

That killzone demo just did for me, looked generic and was a pretty uninspiring showcase, graphically and gameplay wise. Thought it was going alright til then. Still you do wonder if Randy Pitchford was consulted on some of this hyperbolic chunter, they sure can talk the talk!

The idea of the "inspired Berlin-wall" setting was interesting. Then, Killzone was mentioned and the rest was blah. :p

Disappointed with that "plastic future" scenario, reminds me too much of films like iRobot. Big buildings, technology-based, lacking a soul. Not very inspiring.

I've stopped watching now but before I forget did anyone else notice the guy walking down the stairs at the beginning of the killzone demo and think it looked a tad ministry of silly walks? He just sort of bobbed down them in a faintly comedic manner. Or maybe it's just late. Night :)

There were animation problems all over that video.

Killzone is being developed on a brand new system, it's in a very early stage, so maybe collision boundaries aren't perfect and physics hasn't been tweaked yet, it's a bit early to be picking it apart.

The Witness is by the guy who made Braid right? I saw these puzzles in a similar form years ago, I think they were shown in PAX 2010 :/

I've stopped watching now but before I forget did anyone else notice the guy walking down the stairs at the beginning of the killzone demo and think it looked a tad ministry of silly walks? He just sort of bobbed down them in a faintly comedic manner. Or maybe it's just late. Night :)

Looked like they were reusing animations. I have the hd vid from facebook but its not the greatest quality. It is insane from a technical viewpoint :) Quite excited.

I bet that this is the PC footage re-used for Agni's Philosophy.

Capcom's demo looked BSie too (you're not fooling anyone with that HUD - those camera angles are not designed for actual gameplay)

Convinient how these demos look so much better than the actual games shown so far...

Edited by Dcubed

I bet that this is the PC footage re-used for Agni's Philosophy.

Capcom's demo looked BSie too (you're not fooling anyone with that HUD)

Convinient how these demos look so much better than the actual games shown so far...

Yeah, I'm not believing a lot of these tech demos. Kill Zone looks doable, but there was something about certain parts of it I'm slightly suspicious.

Also, lovely announcement of an announcement Square. Sony must have been fucking mental to allow Square Enix to show some old tech demo footage and that announcement of an announcement.

Edited by Debug Mode