Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

Decided to download the beta for Battlefield Hardline on my PS4 as I'm interested in seeing how this Battlefield is panning out, as I didn't bother with the last 2 other than the multiplayer beta for the 3rd one.

Set up the download with it saying 10GB or so the download but then all of a sudden it's changed to 2.77GB! ::shrug: The same thing happened when I was downloading Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, the game file download went to 3.89GB instead of the 13GB it should be and then hit me with an update file followed by another when both those were downloaded and installed.

Does the PS4 just automatically chunk some downloads into smaller bits or is something fishy going on here? Don't get why it's cut the game file download size into a quarter and then throwing update files at me to make up the rest of the download as I doubt that's how they're supposed to work.

Decided to download the beta for Battlefield Hardline on my PS4 as I'm interested in seeing how this Battlefield is panning out, as I didn't bother with the last 2 other than the multiplayer beta for the 3rd one.

Set up the download with it saying 10GB or so the download but then all of a sudden it's changed to 2.77GB! ::shrug: The same thing happened when I was downloading Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, the game file download went to 3.89GB instead of the 13GB it should be and then hit me with an update file followed by another when both those were downloaded and installed.

Does the PS4 just automatically chunk some downloads into smaller bits or is something fishy going on here? Don't get why it's cut the game file download size into a quarter and then throwing update files at me to make up the rest of the download as I doubt that's how they're supposed to work.

I always got a bit confused by that. I assumed that was how much space it needed once it had installed the downloaded file.

So I took GTA to game today and traded that & £5 for alien and drive club. Also biting the bullet and buying resi today. I feel like iv not done much gaming since crimbo due to work and was a bit disappointed in the shop that there was nothing new I really wanted! Maybe last years releases spoilt me?!

So I took GTA to game today and traded that & £5 for alien and drive club. Also biting the bullet and buying resi today. I feel like iv not done much gaming since crimbo due to work and was a bit disappointed in the shop that there was nothing new I really wanted! Maybe last years releases spoilt me?!

There's nothing really new been released yet. Once The Order hits there will be a steady stream of titles that should keep people busy.

I still haven't put a dint in most of my PS4 games that I got at the back end of the year. I'm gonna have to start though as I want some finished before both Final Fantasy VII and 0 arrives.

There's nothing really new been released yet. Once The Order hits there will be a steady stream of titles that should keep people busy.

I still haven't put a dint in most of my PS4 games that I got at the back end of the year. I'm gonna have to start though as I want some finished before both Final Fantasy VII and 0 arrives.

VII?! You seriously going to buy that again?!

I will never play VII and VIII again on any console again unless I was forced against my will. But I'd buy IX if I got a discounted price because I bought it on PS3. Otherwise no. I like IX but honestly I think the PS1 FF era is hugely overrated.

FFVII on PS4 was news to me. I had to check this on Gamespot just now. Does this mean that I can soon earn trophies on FFIX, a PS1 game?

Mystic quest was great, I loved the final boss! As for the FF era being overrated, I have to disagree. FFVII holds a special place for a lot of people as the first RPG they really played. I loved it, the whole chocobo breeding system and the games at the saucer. Loads to do, 60 hours plus easy.. Dressing up as a woman, romance, heartbreak, twists. And sepiroth. Always sepiroth.

So I received my 2TB hard drive today, installed it earlier and now it appears to be working fine. :)

At first it was a bit of a trial to get the cover off but after that the actual swapping over hard drives was simple enough, just ensuring those screws were lined up.

Reinstalled the system software, updated fine then set up everything, turned it off, turned it on again an hour or so later and I was greeted with the system settings again as if I was setting up the machine after only having done so recently... :blank:

...googled it though, apparently it's a common thing, as is the seldom heard noise the drive makes when first accessing the data before going back to its usual low-clicking state when in use. :smile:

I'll give it a day or so before I go putting everything back on - not going to put all that I had on it again in any case - but for now I'll be using Destiny for a proper test run, it's all installed and is updating now so all seems to be good. : peace:

I'm aiming to make the 1.77TB available space that I now have last the entire life of the console. :heh:

Pleasantly surprised at how *simple it all was and wondered why I didn't upgrade sooner now. :indeed:

*I'm just hoping it doesn't now suddenly fail on me within the next few hours/days/weeks... I'm sure it'll be fine.