Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

The power button is on the controller ;)
Thanks for that. :heh:

Does the gigantic light on the controller also indicate battery life somehow? I guess I could just read the manual, but who does that when they get a new toy!? :hehe:

Must say, I'm kind of annoyed they changed the USB connector. More bloody cables... :shakehead

Thanks for that. :heh:

Does the gigantic light on the controller also indicate battery life somehow? I guess I could just read the manual, but who does that when they get a new toy!? :hehe:

Must say, I'm kind of annoyed they changed the USB connector. More bloody cables... :shakehead

The cable is micro USB. Very useful as I use it to charge my phone and can use the phone cable with the controller which is slightly longer.

The cable is micro USB. Very useful as I use it to charge my phone and can use the phone cable with the controller which is slightly longer.
Yeah, I just liked the fact I could use the same USB cable for the Wii U Pro Controller and DS3. No big deal, first world problems and all that. :heh:

I was more annoyed with the fact that once again they packed in a charging cable that was tiny in length. If the pad needs charging while I'm playing a game then I have to practically sit on top of the TV. I bought a longer cable from Amazon for a few quid but it didn't last long and stopped charging the pad.

I was more annoyed with the fact that once again they packed in a charging cable that was tiny in length. If the pad needs charging while I'm playing a game then I have to practically sit on top of the TV. I bought a longer cable from Amazon for a few quid but it didn't last long and stopped charging the pad.
Indeed. It's almost half the length of the Pro Controller cable! Just about long enough for my setup though. :)

Yeah, I just liked the fact I could use the same USB cable for the Wii U Pro Controller and DS3. No big deal, first world problems and all that. :heh:

Still, at least there's just one connection for all controllers *glares at Wii U*

Anyway, as Flink said at least with it being Micro USB there are butt load of cables you can get of all different lengths and colours if you need it!

Yeah, it was impossible for me to sit in my couch and play PS4 while charging the controller. I bought a second controller and a charger to avoid having to stop playing to charge the controller.

If many more people get this machine we will have to rename the forum PS Europe..... :D

May as well do it now. There's probably more activity in the other console side of things compared to the Nintendo board. It's certainly a hell of a lot more friendly over here. Hell, I posted a Nintendo prediction thread earlier and already the arguing has started in there. It's getting to the point where I question why I even go on there anymore.

May as well do it now. There's probably more activity in the other console side of things compared to the Nintendo board. It's certainly a hell of a lot more friendly over here. Hell, I posted a Nintendo prediction thread earlier and already the arguing has started in there. It's getting to the point where I question why I even go on there anymore.

All the cool kids hang out here anyway.

resize.php?name=LzM3OC9JJ20tc29ycnktSS1jYW4ndC1oZWFyLXlvdS1vdmVyLXRoZS1zb3VuZC1vZi1ob3ctYXdlc29tZS1JLWFtLTRkOTJjN2I5OGE3MGQuanBn&w=550&h=9999&extension=.jpg

I would avoid Driveclub. Its quite weak, looks and sounds amazing but the gameplay isnt that great at all. Infact its a bad flawed game even with the patching going on.

LBP3 on the other hand is really good. Superb game! I only dug into it yesterday night.

@RedShell, don't listen to this. The driving/handling requires patience but it ultimately pays off. I don't understand the "it's a flawed game" part because...it isn't really flawed. It's got a fairly strict system but the patch that was released early on made it slightly more lenient, but for the better. If you stick with it and find the right car for you in each class, you're good to go really.

It would be good to actually have one cable that was universally accepted for all controllers, that would save a lot of issues.

The cable length is pretty short. I've ended up using the cable I got for my phone charger as that was longer in length. I also have a plug that the usb cable plugs into to, so I either charge it that way or plug it into my laptop, which is near enough always with me. :D

If many more people get this machine we will have to rename the forum PS Europe..... :D

I was thinking about this a while ago. With all the PS owners and activity in the "other consoles" board perhaps it'd be a nice idea to become a multi-platform site, still with a strong fondness for Nintendo. Might also help to combat peoples complaints about loss of activity on the forum by gaining some new forum members.

I was thinking about this a while ago. With all the PS owners and activity in the "other consoles" board perhaps it'd be a nice idea to become a multi-platform site, still with a strong fondness for Nintendo. Might also help to combat peoples complaints about loss of activity on the forum by gaining some new forum members.

We'd need a load of new staff to cover news, reviews etc as well as a lot of time to get the background area set up to accommodate a lot of new consoles and adding all the games to the database.

Want to do it? :p

We'd need a load of new staff to cover news, reviews etc as well as a lot of time to get the background area set up to accommodate a lot of new consoles and adding all the games to the database.

Want to do it? :p

Haha nah I'm alright here cheers. I have enough stuff of my own to do ;)

If you ever did decide to go that route, I would be more than happy to be a reviewer for PS4/PC. :p (although I know there's not even a hint of seriousness in your suggestion)

There is a hint of seriousness, but it's muffled by the logistical issues.

@RedShell, don't listen to this. The driving/handling requires patience but it ultimately pays off. I don't understand the "it's a flawed game" part because...it isn't really flawed. It's got a fairly strict system but the patch that was released early on made it slightly more lenient, but for the better. If you stick with it and find the right car for you in each class, you're good to go really.

I got Driveclub for Christmas so didn't have any of the launch issues and I've really been enjoying playing it. Too many games though so I've not played it as much I'd of liked.

For me, it had quite a steep learning curve but now I've got to grips with the handling of the cars, I've started going back and completing challenges that I struggled on at first.

Get it bought, we need to organise an weekly N-E Driveclub night on it.

Mind blown that anyone reads manuals in 2015. There's clear symbols right next to the disc drive.

I got Driveclub for Christmas so didn't have any of the launch issues and I've really been enjoying playing it. Too many games though so I've not played it as much I'd of liked.

For me, it had quite a steep learning curve but now I've got to grips with the handling of the cars, I've started going back and completing challenges that I struggled on at first.

Get it bought, we need to organise an weekly N-E Driveclub night on it.

I've noticed you've been playing it and have been meaning to ask what you thought of it.

You're lucky that you got the game when you did, because I think you've bypassed all of the issues which it has had. Even when it had problems, it was clear to see that there was a good game there just waiting to come out. The photo-mode in particular is lovely, something that I'd love all future games to have now.

There is a hint of seriousness, but it's muffled by the logistical issues.

Any chance we could crowd fund it if there's a possibility of paying someone to do the back end stuff? There's no reason we all can't help out. Obviously I'd be all over writing Playstation reviews and the like, as is @Sheikah.

With Nintendo growing increasingly niche, I do sometimes worry about this place.

I think maybe this is a wider conversation for somewhere outside of this thread (although not sure where).

I mostly just came here to say that if you're having trouble remembering which button is which on the console just remember this - you eject out the bottom.