NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Nice to know......

BBC iPlayer confirmed for PS4 launch

But will be added later on Xbox One.

The full list of apps that will be included with the PS4 upon its UK launch next week has been revealed.

Testing our early kits, we've confirmed that it has BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport, Demand 5, and the IGN app.

The most notable takeaway from this is that the PS4 launches with BBC iPlayer, while the Xbox One does not. Last week the Beeb confirmed that it's working on an app for Microsoft's about-to-launch console "in the future," but no date has been set.

The full list of apps to launch with Xbox One includes: Xbox Fitness, Xbox Video, Xbox Music, Internet Explorer, Skype, SkyDrive, Upload, and YouTube.

Maybe I'm showing my ignorance here but what if you wanted to download something over a 150-200MB fibre connection, whilst also streaming a game to your Vita?

Interesting question as (frankly) I don't know if the unit even uses 2.4GHz to connect to the Vita. Isn't it bluetooth? If so then it's completely different radio card and would therefore not affect the capacity. The processor on the other hand might start to struggle with such an amount of data.

Would Sony's store downloads ever approach that?

This however is a much better answer. Likelihood is that it would be a near miracle to get anything above a 10Mbps connection to this kind of server.

I agree 100%.....

....But only because IGN are dicks, because I have no fucking clue what you just said.

I could explain but I don't want the server that hosts the forum to die of boredom. In short, we don't need as much bandwidth as we think we do and creating certain technologies to get that bandwidth has a massively detrimental effect.

Higher capacity wireless =/= better wireless.

NEEDS TO HAPPEN

It's such a ridiculously popular franchise. From my generation, at least 1 in 5 girls have heard of or have played Crash Bandicoot, and that ratio obviously improves for guys. It makes Knack look ridiculously drab. Perfect combination of accessibility and challenge. GIMME! (with a PS4)

Interesting question as (frankly) I don't know if the unit even uses 2.4GHz to connect to the Vita. Isn't it bluetooth? If so then it's completely different radio card and would therefore not affect the capacity. The processor on the other hand might start to struggle with such an amount of data.

No its done over wifi not bluetooth. From my limited understanding there are two ways the PS4 lets you do the remote play. The closer range one kind of turns the PS4 into a wifi spot and the Vita connects to that and the other one if your wifi is good enough connects it to the router so you can play remotely from anywhere as long as its a good enough connection at both ends.

No its done over wifi not bluetooth. From my limited understanding there are two ways the PS4 lets you do the remote play. The closer range one kind of turns the PS4 into a wifi spot and the Vita connects to that and the other one if your wifi is good enough connects it to the router so you can play remotely from anywhere as long as its a good enough connection at both ends.

So same radio card. Wow, that's not how I would have designed it but ok...

Still don't think capacity would be an issue though. There's plenty of bandwidth for everyone!

I dunno, at least Sony have learnt something from Knack now, that half assed 'platformers' (read 'walking down corridors') don't cut it.

Kack's sole reason for existing is that so at launch, fathers can use it as an excuse to justify their purchase of a PS4. Something the Xbox One lacks, too.

That's on 360, too.

NEEDS TO HAPPEN

It's such a ridiculously popular franchise. From my generation, at least 1 in 5 girls have heard of or have played Crash Bandicoot, and that ratio obviously improves for guys. It makes Knack look ridiculously drab. Perfect combination of accessibility and challenge. GIMME! (with a PS4)

The plot thickens...

VFTXt6U.jpg

Edited by Daft
Automerged Doublepost

David Scammell from Video Gamer. I love Video Gamer. They are my favourite game people.

It would be absolutely fantastic to have Crash back. Imagine a proper Crash 3D platformer this gen!

I don't know if this got posted but this is the still from the PS4 launch trailer that has prompted these rumours:

crash.jpg

Fuck disks - I'm going digital download this generation. Now the prices are up I can see that I can download Angry Birds for the bargain price of £32.99.......

Hang on, £32.99?

Ok how about Battlefield 4 - a snip at £62.99?

hmmmmm

Fuck digital I'm buying disks!

The PlayStation Store has finally went live on PS4 in the UK, so we’ve been able to check and confirm the exact file size and pricing of each digital game that’s on there so far, from the rather small Resogun to the huge Killzone: Shadow Fall.

•Killzone Shadow Fall: 38.2GB – £52.99

•Call of Duty: Ghosts: 31.8GB – £54.99

•FIFA 14: 9.9GB – £62.99

•Battlefield 4: 36.4GB – £62.99

•Need for Speed Rivals 16GB – £62.99

•Knack 34.8GB – £52.99

•Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag: 21.7GB – £57.99

•Resogun: 460MB – £12.79 (Free with PS+)

•LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: 6.4GB – £52.99

•NBA Live 14: 9.3GB – £62.99

•Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition: 21.7GB – £52.99

•Just Dance 2014: 22GB – £42.99

•Contrast: 2.3GB – £12.79 (Free with PS+)

•Super Motherload: 393MB – £11.99

•Trine 2: Complete Story: 2.6GB – £14.49

•Putty Squad: 818MB – £13.99

•Madden NFL 25: 13.1GB – £62.99

•Angry Birds Star Wars: 1.5GB – £32.99

•Warframe 4.1GB – Free

7 Days to go!

13709260011951.gif

Edited by Cookyman

That got to be a joke. Haven't download prices for digital usually matched RPP/defaultIin the respective country?

Edited by Tales

Notice how all the EA games are over £60... :blank:

'EA Games, challenge everything, even reasonable pricing' :wink:

#4GetThePlayers

Was listening to - Chet And Jon's Reassuringly Finite Gaming Playlist - this is a fantastic British podcast where two veteran professional game reviewers discuss the top 10 games theyv'e both played/reviewed that week.

Anyway things took an interesting turn when it came to Battlefield Chet had been playing it on the XBone and was bitterly disappointed that it runs at 720P - he says it made a massive differerence and also said the game struggled to keep a constant frame rate. Because of this and COD he was very unimpressed with the Console.

Now you might think I'm spouting off some fan wankery here but as I said these guys review games for a living so have a listen and make your own mind up.

CAJ_Header_V1.jpg

Here's the link - http://www.thefiniteplaylist.com/

I thought this was useful for people who are getting PS4's later.

6 Days to go!

justindonvskaz.gif

Edited by Cookyman