NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

:( All these news really make sad.

I want this thing now.

But money is tight. Have to wait at least two months :(

I just assumed you were being serious, you've been oddly negative on the PS4 for a couple of months now.

I think I've been pretty level-headed.... It only looks negative in comparison to some of the overly optimistic outlook everyone else has. I play devil's advocate against completely baseless hopes like "Knack looks amazing!" or "We'll be able to stream our PS3 game at launch using Gaikai"

My opinion of the PS4 since it was announced has basically been "I'm definitely getting one, as soon as it has a few games to make it worth it".

I think I've been pretty level-headed.... It only looks negative in comparison to some of the overly optimistic outlook everyone else has. I play devil's advocate against completely baseless hopes like "Knack looks amazing!" or "We'll be able to stream our PS3 game at launch using Gaikai"

My opinion of the PS4 since it was announced has basically been "I'm definitely getting one, as soon as it has a few games to make it worth it".

I only saidly oddly negative because it was something I noticed after the last few month and it just seemed to stand out a bit to me at the time I guess. I can't remember what it was you'd said at the time.

Why didn't they just order online?

London PS4 queue starts, as gamers brace the cold to be first

phpmozqem.jpg

A queue has already started forming outside of the PS4 Lounge in Covent Garden, London, as keen gamers who've failed to bag a pre-order hope to get the PlayStation 4 when it launches on Friday.

Those intrepid or stupid gamers, depending on how you see it, are braving cold November nights, where temperatures will drop to around 4 degrees Celsius to get their hands on the console that's already seen an explosive launch in the US, selling 1 million units in 24 hours.

The need to fall "in-line" makes sense, as the chance to order a PlayStation 4 has pretty much ended from most retailers in the UK, partly thanks to huge demand and short supply.

Sony has already confirmed to Pocket-lint that their will be "hundreds of PlayStation 4 consoles and a selection of games available to purchase on the night" for late comers.

A temporary home, the PS4 Lounge will be open until 1 December at 17 Bedford Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 9HE allowing gamers to try before they buy as well as play "players" i.e celebrities.

The PlayStation 4 officially launches on the 29 November in the UK. The official queue doesn't open until Thursday, where those customers will be given a wristband that guarantees a chance to purchase a PS4.

Idiots, if they've booked time off work claiming to be "ill" just to queue for a PS4, surely they can be sacked if their boss walks past. It's about as sad as that chap who queued for 3 days just to get the new iPhone/iPad thingy. Should have pre-ordered online or in-store and attended a midnight release, guaranteed a PS4 if order was made early enough.

Idiots, if they've booked time off work claiming to be "ill" just to queue for a PS4, surely they can be sacked if their boss walks past. It's about as sad as that chap who queued for 3 days just to get the new iPhone/iPad thingy. Should have pre-ordered online or in-store and attended a midnight release, guaranteed a PS4 if order was made early enough.

I've not got the best reading comprehension in the world, but where does it say they booked the time off work claiming to be ill? If they booked their time off work and it's within their contracted holiday allowance, they can do whatever the fuck they want with their time.

Also, read a couple of posts above, there are very distinct advantages to queueing up for official launch events.

Why didn't they just order online?

It says in the article. First line.

A queue has already started forming outside of the PS4 Lounge in Covent Garden, London, as keen gamers who've failed to bag a pre-order hope to get the PlayStation 4 when it launches on Friday.

Anyone else who ordered through ShopTo, did you get any reward points for your PS4? I dont seem to have gotten any.

Anyone else who ordered through ShopTo, did you get any reward points for your PS4? I dont seem to have gotten any.

They don't award points on console purchases for some reason.

norewardpoints.png

Although I haven't got any for my last two orders, and they do qualify.

I've not got the best reading comprehension in the world, but where does it say they booked the time off work claiming to be ill? If they booked their time off work and it's within their contracted holiday allowance, they can do whatever the fuck they want with their time.

Also, read a couple of posts above, there are very distinct advantages to queueing up for official launch events.

Of course, extra bonus goodies.

It doesn't say that they are off ill, that's me assuming as usual. Asumption is the key to a lot of cock-ups. But queing that early for a console, it's a bit stupid i think. But each to their own i guess.

They don't award points on console purchases for some reason.

norewardpoints.png

Although I haven't got any for my last two orders, and they do qualify.

That's... not very good. :(

Must have been a recent change because I definitely got reward points from ordering my Wii U at launch, was something like £12 worth I think at the time so they have either changed this within the last year or, it's just for PS4/XBone because they aren't quite feeling 'generous' enough to give you points on them too being that the consoles are in high demand anyway or something to that effect. :indeed:

It's a shame as I was planning on using the points but, never mind... I suppose we still get a good deal on ShopTo for regular purchases. : peace:

I recently bought 2 x 2DS's for Christmas presents, and didn't get points for them either.

It's probably due to the margin on hardware being lower than games (speculation).

It says in the article. First line.
It's still funny though. Serious enough a gamer to queue days early outside for a console in winter, not serious enough to pre-order online the moment they open.

Well they gave away free HDTVs at the PS3 launch. Perhaps people are hoping for free 4K tellies...

Some people enjoy going to a launch event/buying from a shop more than receiving it in the post. That way you get to spend it with others and get hyped (and cold!) together.

I remember being at the official 3DS launch party. So many people rushed over to HMV in Oxford Street to see the first console (officially) sold/get one there with the hope of freebies. Me and Ashley stayed at the bar and chatted to Jonathan Ross instead :P

And if they were giving away 4k TVs for spending £350 on a PS3 and braving the cold a bit, I'd do it, but they wouldn't explicitly announce that/guarantee it otherwise the demand would be way too high!

I played on one too and I was disappoint ear in the controller. I've the worst by an absolute mile, they shape isn't ergonomic and they have the worst sticks imaginable. After hearing the buzz about the new controller I was expecting more, it IS better, the sticks are a huge improvement, but it's still doesn't fit nicely in my hand, I have tiny hands, but there's a still a huge gap between them and the controller. I have no doubt the xbox will be better and the gamepad (and pro controller are better); but saying this, it's with a few minutes with it, and ultimately it doesn't bother me as much as it does some how comfy the controller is.

My order has left the warehouse! Woooooo.

Pretty excited now. I'm at work on friday (nightshift, should still be in to get it delivered) but then have the whole weekend free :D

Anyone know what Zavvi are like for preorders and getting stuff to your for day of release?

I pre-ordered a box-set with them - due to be released on a Monday - I got it on release day at around 8:30am so going by that I'd say there's a good chance they'd come through on launch.

I pre-ordered a box-set with them - due to be released on a Monday - I got it on release day at around 8:30am so going by that I'd say there's a good chance they'd come through on launch.

Just wondering as my Lego Marvel preorder was with them but they seem to have been so confused on the actual release date that im wondering if it will turn up. Their store says it comes out Friday but my accounts page says the 14th so ive gotten 3 or 4 emails from them apologising for not sending it out to me yet.

PS4 system update to 1.51 is out here.

If your replacing the hard drive (like me) download this one instead here.

Price Drops for PS4 Launch Games

Potential consumers of the PS4 may have been put off buying the console if they'd caught sight of the high prices - compared with the same products on Xbone One of launch titles but apparently sanity has prevailed.

Major titles such as FIFA 14, Battlefield 4 and Assassin's Creed 4 were being priced for some reason at up to £8 more on PS4 than Xbox One until Sony exerted some muscle. Not that this is making games pricing the good side of sane...

Assassin's Creed 4 is now £54.99 on PSN and Xbox One. FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, Madden NFL 25, NBA Live 14 and Need for Speed: Rivals are all £54.99 on PSN.

Sony has issued a statement to Eurogamer stating, "Although PS4 launches in Europe on the 29th November, we have switched on the European PSN early to test and make sure that features and functionality are fully operational for launch," Sony told Eurogamer.

"However, as PS4 and PSN have not yet officially launched in this region, nothing on the PSN is final, including pricing on the store. You will continue to see some prices adjusted over the next few days in preparation for launch on Friday."

2 days to go!

tumblr_mn5zetXv2R1rcfbtro1_400.gif