N-Europe

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

Yeah.....

I'd hardly say people are suckers for buying a console that will actually receive third party support as opposed to one that won't.

have you got you're crystal ball out again?

Have a look at the charts biggest selling games for PS4 and XB1 are FIFA and COD. Did Wii U launch with these games? There are only 3 games in the charts for PS4 and XB1 that you can't already get.

Suckers for paying £500 for a console when they could have just bought the game for £40 and played it on the console they already own.

I was at my brother-in-laws at Christmas and he gave me a demo of his XB1, he is a xbox fanboy through and through and at the end of it the only compelling reasons he could give for justifying his purchase was the games that might be out in a year and the voice functions and they didn't work because as he put it "there are too many people in the room" maybe the "one" stands for only works with one person. We couldn't even play multipayer because he could not afford an extra controller after the outlay on console, games and live. Like I said SUCKER!

Have a look at the charts biggest selling games for PS4 and XB1 are FIFA and COD. Did Wii U launch with these games? There are only 3 games in the charts for PS4 and XB1 that you can't already get.

Suckers for paying £500 for a console when they could have just bought the game for £40 and played it on the console they already own.

I was at my brother-in-laws at Christmas and he gave me a demo of his XB1, he is a xbox fanboy through and through and at the end of it the only compelling reasons he could give for justifying his purchase was the games that might be out in a year and the voice functions and they didn't work because as he put it "there are too many people in the room" maybe the "one" stands for only works with one person. We couldn't even play multipayer because he could not afford an extra controller after the outlay on console, games and live. Like I said SUCKER!

Are you for real - are you actually suggesting that long-term third party support for PS4/XB1 isn't a foregone conclusion?

Yeah.....

I'd hardly say people are suckers for buying a console that will actually receive third party support as opposed to one that won't.

and vice versa in relation to the people that prefer a wii u. All subjective isnt it.

The PS4/XB1 have only been out 6 weeks. What do you expect?

You kinda sound like a fanboy yourself.

Edited by liger05

At the end of the day it is - however I do somewhat second clownferret's sentiments, the abombination(hur i funny) of the Wii U has lead to me bagging some rather tidy bargains in my limited collection(not that I've played the bastard for months) - and plenty more I've passed up!

I also bagged me a Wii U recently when it dropped to £200 with Zelda WW included. But to say people buying the PS4 now are suckers is madness. People are buying that badboy because they know it will be their main game player for the next 6-7 years. And given it's already priced at a pretty attractive £350, it's not like it's going to go so much cheaper any time soon.

4.2 million? Holy fuck, and to think that some places are still suffering from stock problems too.

Also surprised by how much the Xbox One has sold. This is pretty good for the industry, the consoles are strong, now lets hope this ushers in some brand new IP's.

Very curious as to whether we're going to see desperate Nintendo rear its head again or not any time soon.

4.2 million? Holy fuck, and to think that some places are still suffering from stock problems too.

Also surprised by how much the Xbox One has sold. This is pretty good for the industry, the consoles are strong, now lets hope this ushers in some brand new IP's.

Very curious as to whether we're going to see desperate Nintendo rear its head again or not any time soon.

I think Microsoft announced that they've shipped 3 million and sold just under which isn't too bad.

Also, is the PS4 ahead of the Wii U now? Ltd wise?

The Nintendo site lists it as 3.91 million as of September 30th (presumably they only update with each quarter or whatever so we should get it updated late this month).

According to VG Chartz it is on 5.2 million.

That means that they sold a third of the PS4 over the couple of months. That's mental.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I'm sure Serebii was, and is, entitled to his opinion, however wrong he may have been, without being mocked for it.

Back on topic, brilliant figures for both, a nice healthy shot in the arm for the gaming industry! Considering some negativity towards the One before launch I am surprised it's held up so well against PS4, but when PS4 launches in Japan...

Really interested to see how sales go in the new year though. Whether they follow a Wii U trend of dropping off or continue to sell well will see how much mass appeal the consoles have to a wider audience, beyond the 'core' who couldn't wait to get their consoles before Xmas!

People buy consoles for their potential and the games coming down the line. XB1, like it or not, is gaurenteed to get 3rd party support and I'm sure Microsoft will invest in exclusives too. PS4 too.

It's funny you talk about how he couldn't justify the console. I've got about 5 Wii U games and completed them all and I still can't justify the bloody thing.