NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

Just tested this and oh my fucking god, it actually boots on my Japanese 3DS

HOW BIZARRE. I get the message このゲームカードは使用できません, because "You cannot use this card". I'm curious as to whether this is because it's linked to another 3DS due to my save file, or it just only wants to show the logo.

Any other region game should just not be detected at all. How odd that Pokemon Y is detected, and displays the Japanese logo to boot, but wont run.

I'll test mine tonight on my Japanese unit first *and hope it doesn't lock it to Japanese*. Doubt it's a save file thing though.

I just wish every retailer had kept to the world date somehow, there have been idiots posting spoilers and all sorts in the last week.

This never would happen unless Nintendo did an eShop only release where they can control 100% when it releases.

I updated my post, you may want to reread it. It's a very interesting scenario.

Yeah, you're right. It rightfully shouldn't show up at all if it was totall incompatible like other 3DS games (when I had a US 3DS, UK games just wouldn't appear on the menu at all).

So I reckon that it might well be a save file issue, since you already had a save file beforehand. Also, does it save any extra data or files to the SD Card? (I'd be surprised if it didn't). Maybe that has something to do with it... (I wouldn't ask you to erase the file to try, but if @Ike hasn't used his game yet, maybe he could give it a try...)

Edit Dammit you guys for ninja responding! Cheers BTW @Ike! VERY interested to hear the response :)

I don't think Nintendo expected everyone to get it the exact same day. It's not like they've never released a game before, they know some will get it a few days earlier. What they wanted was up level the playing field and make things fresher, rather than everyone in the West benefiting from the East.

I'll test mine tonight on my Japanese unit first *and hope it doesn't lock it to Japanese*. Doubt it's a save file thing though.

I don't think it's a standard save issue. I've all ready connected my copy to the internet and synced it with my streetpass list. Maybe if I had tested this before I did that, it may have worked.

Yeah, you're right. It rightfully shouldn't show up at all if it was totall incompatible like other 3DS games (when I had a US 3DS, UK games just wouldn't appear on the menu at all).

So I reckon that it might well be a save file issue, since you already had a save file beforehand. Also, does it save any extra data or files to the SD Card? (I'd be surprised if it didn't). Maybe that has something to do with it... (I wouldn't ask you to erase the file to try, but if @Ike hasn't used his game yet, maybe he could give it a try...)

Yeah, the game does indeed save extra data on your first time booting up.

I don't think Nintendo expected everyone to get it the exact same day. It's not like they've never released a game before, they know some will get it a few days earlier. What they wanted was up level the playing field and make things fresher, rather than everyone in the West benefiting from the East.

Yeah exactly. Besides, it's not like everyone is gonna get it on launch day anyway. Pokemon games always sell over a long period of time; it's more about having all the different regions being able to get in on the action at around the same time and to prevent leaks/impressions from ruining susprises for others who couldn't get the game yet.

I don't think it's a standard save issue. I've all ready connected my copy to the internet and synced it with my streetpass list. Maybe if I had tested this before I did that, it may have worked.

I'll make sure to turn my Internet off then.

GAME download codes are being emailed. Apparently they don't work yet before anyone gets excited. :p

GAME download codes are being emailed. Apparently they don't work yet before anyone gets excited. :p

Yeah just got my code. Entering it on the eShop says that the item isn't being distributed yet.

My chances of finally completing a main Zelda game are slipping away rapidly now I've started this... :cry:

Pokémon X is in da house! :yay:

Love how the 8-Bit boom sound is still used when walking into stuff. :laughing:

And wow! You can finally use more than like 4 letters to name your character! icon14.gif

I chose the grass type starter. Looks the cutest so it's probably rubbish, but oh well. I always make that mistake in Pokémon. :heh:

Anyway, I look forward to continuing my tradition of catching 'em all, in standard Pokéballs. :D

I just wish every retailer had kept to the world date somehow, there have been idiots posting spoilers and all sorts in the last week.

I have nothing against anyone lucky enough to have it early I am just jelous ;)

Yeah man I know what you mean it sucks. Saw people posting these spoilers and I fumed. :mad:

- Grass, Water, Fire Starters

- Catch teh Pokemanz

- Pokemon master.

I'm betting now Hero-of-Time will come crawling back and end up being all over the game. :laughing:

I've been saving this quote for ages now, just to see how it turned out. I'm a big man and can admit when i'm wrong. Hopefully my copy from Shopto will be waiting for me at home. :D

I preordered it just last week. If it wasn't for people's early impressions and leaks from the games that slipped through the net then I wouldn't have even considered getting it on release day. A big thank you goes out to the dodgy retailers.

I'm just hoping it lives up to my expectations now...

You don't have to turn off the internet or communications. I pressed the button to sync and it asked me to confirm whether I wanted to connect or not.

I've been saving this quote for ages now, just to see how it turned out. I'm a big man and can admit when i'm wrong. Hopefully my copy from Shopto will be waiting for me at home. :D

I preordered it just last week. If it wasn't for people's early impressions and leaks from the games that slipped through the net then I wouldn't have even considered getting it on release day. A big thank you goes out to the dodgy retailers.

I'm just hoping it lives up to my expectations now...

Haha. I hope it impresses you!

I've been well pleased with it so far. Don't wanna put it down!

Be interesting to hear your thoughts anyway. Enjoy! : peace:

New site and forum headers up to celebrate the game. The site is a peaceful woodland paradise, and the forum is...well it's a scary evil place :heh:

Man, I love how connected you are with the world. I was helping Dem0 earlier by sending him something that makes catching Pokemon easier and then I healed his Pokemon. I helped a bunch of random players as well. Do you get notifications when this happens?

I've noticed when I press the Home button and check the friends list that Pokemon disconnects when I return. Is this happening to anyone else?

This formula, it never gets old, EVER! I brought my Y copy round my parents and waited for my little bro to get his copy of X through the post and we started it at the same time, we both absolutely love it.

Both X and Y arrived today, only got home from work less than an hour ago, also my brother left me a not and his copy of Y stating that he'd gone out and won't be back until tomorrow evening and to feel free to do the starter trick, so you know what I'll be doing most of tonight. :D

Now I've just got to work out how far into the game you need to be to get BOTH starters - Kalos and Kanto - but for now, I shall just play X :) well until 7:30PM anyway, yes @lostmario I'll still be playing MK tonight. : peace:

Looks like going to digital route was the tougher one. All these teasing posts :blank: maybe I should banish myself from this thread until I get it.

i'm tempted to buy Y as well as i'd forgotten about the torchic event, then on Y i can have Chespin, Squirtle and Torchic.....might have to be done

New site and forum headers up to celebrate the game. The site is a peaceful woodland paradise, and the forum is...well it's a scary evil place :heh:

They're beautiful.

Man this afternoon dragged. But mine arrived!

IMG_20131010_191450.jpg

Oh wait, that's not Pokemon...

It's Dragon Quest Monsters Caravan Heart which also arrived today.

Anyway.

@Debug-Mode 4915 @Dcubed Tried it on my Japanese 3DS first - got the error message so looks like it can read it but still won't play it. Probably due to having Japanese language available in the game?

Was all excited to see what my first wild Pokemon encounter would be.

It was a Pidgey... :(

Really tired of the gyms and the games' abysmal story, but I will test the power of Pokemon and walk into the store tomorrow.

Anyone found Pancham yet? I want him in my team.

He's fairly early on, before the first gym I believe.