NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

Yeah buddy!! just got mine now. To be fair, I was perched on the steps waiting for the postman....After the first wave of letters didn't yield a jiffy bag - my heart missed a beat....until the second wave hit...Ahhhhhh. Day off too. :)

Edited by King_V

Still waiting on mine, oh man it hurts D:

I'm also kind of worried as it's my first ShopTo order dispatched to an address in the north, meaning more chances for things to go wrong D:

X has arrived. Won't play it until later in the evening though.

Same here. Working all day today, so it's gonna be a looooooonnnggg day...

Good thing I've got Friday and Saturday off! :)

Yep...Its not hard to see but this is the definitive Pokemon game. Technical short comings with regards to the overworld doesn't take anything away from this at all. The way the wifi integration is so seamless...I already feel so connected with my Froakie and the trainers around the world!!

Im happy. :)

Grainger Games order still 'processing', has been for the past few days. Luckily I don't really care since I've not been exposed to any hype and only bought it on a whim.

Its unfair that Lame Game didnt send these , we will be lucky to get on launch day

I can understand shopto sending 1 day early but 2 days is taking the pee , Nintendo had a vision of evberyone playing on the same day saturday, and retailers have to ruin it.

And here I am still waiting for my review copy... Looks like I might be off to the shops on Saturday!

It could just be that our post is late - but I'm out at the min having lunch with my sister so when I get back it may have appeared. I'm hoping so, seeing that all other ShopTo orders have arrived for people.

EDIT

It's here!!

I can understand shopto sending 1 day early but 2 days is taking the pee , Nintendo had a vision of evberyone playing on the same day saturday, and retailers have to ruin it.

Dry your eyes mate.

So I've literally booted this up and spent about half an hour on it so far.

And I'm amazed at how fresh this feels.

It's like a brand new experience. Doesn't really feel or look anything like previous Pokemon games at all.

The music is brilliant, it looks fantastic, and I love that there's full directional control over your character too.

Definitely how I expected the series to move forward. Very impressive so far!

Its unfair that Lame Game didnt send these , we will be lucky to get on launch day

So if yours arrived tomorrow you would keep it sealed until Saturday in the interest of fairness?

Nothing from TESCO today at work. Serves me right for ordering from them intending to get it early.

On with the hundreds of other games I have to play, I guess.

Just did a Wonder Trade and I can't believe how streamline and fast it is! Swapped my Pikachu for an Abra in under a minute of finding a player from Norway. :)

My Y is here from Shopto!

Anyone else go for Y? Seems like the majority have gone for X. Going to have to choose the water starter, always do, but then which Kanto starter? I love Squirtle, but do I have room for both in my team?????

So I've literally booted this up and spent about half an hour on it so far.

And I'm amazed at how fresh this feels.

It's like a brand new experience. Doesn't really feel or look anything like previous Pokemon games at all.

The music is brilliant, it looks fantastic, and I love that there's full directional control over your character too.

Definitely how I expected the series to move forward. Very impressive so far!

*Hi-five!*

Its just so crisp and refreshing. I love the mix of old and new Pokemon. I really should eat something, shouldn't I? Haven't felt this way for a long time. :)

Anyone else go for Y? Seems like the majority have gone for X. Going to have to choose the water starter, always do, but then which Kanto starter? I love Squirtle, but do I have room for both in my team?????

I'm going Froakie & Venusaur.

Anyone else go for Y? Seems like the majority have gone for X.

K guys I don't think we should talk to this one anymore.

BTW, @Serebii @Debug Mode @Ike When/If your copies arrive, I don't suppose you can test to see if they work on foreign 3DS consoles? I have a sneaking suspicion that X&Y are the first region free 3DS games...

Just tested this and oh my fucking god, it actually boots on my Japanese 3DS

HOW BIZARRE. I get the message このゲームカードは使用できません, because "You cannot use this card". I'm curious as to whether this is because it's linked to another 3DS due to my save file, or it just only wants to show the logo.

gEps6GE.jpg

Any other region game should just not be detected at all. How odd that Pokemon Y is detected, and displays the Japanese logo to boot, but wont run.

Edited by Debug Mode

I just wish every retailer had kept to the world date somehow, there have been idiots posting spoilers and all sorts in the last week.

I have nothing against anyone lucky enough to have it early I am just jelous ;)

Edited by yesteryeargames

POCKETU MONSTURA EXXSUU AND WHYUUUUU GETUUUU!!! :D

It's wating for me at home :yay: Gonna be the longest day of work ever...

Just tested this and oh my fucking god, it actually boots on my Japanese 3DS

Cheers! Had a feeling they might pull the same trick as with B&W, B&W2 and Pokemon Conquest. So that means that developers can indeed choose to make their 3DS games region free if they want to...

Edit: Oh wait, it doesn't run? Bummer :(

The fact that it shows up at all is encouraging though :) Could well be a save file incompatibility issue then since you already had a save file on there (does it save anything to the SD card by any chance?)

Edited by Dcubed

Cheers! Had a feeling they might pull the same trick as with B&W, B&W2 and Pokemon Conquest. So that means that developers can indeed choose to make their 3DS games region free if they want to...

I updated my post, you may want to reread it. It's a very interesting scenario.