Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

This blues alot warmer than it looks on the pictures, its abit greener? ^_^ Purple makes me look red faced alot, so I may try orange eventually (like napalm). Although I do like looking pale, FTW!

For now though it's staying blue, I really like it and it's easy to look after.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd tend to disagree there ~ dying your hair a random poster pain colour is not a great example of looks dictating personality 'cause you gotta be pretty confident/weird to go there in the first place... (i cant wait to go a little pink/purple again :grin: ) but as maybe a better example (sticking with the hair idea~) i'm usually a pretty, outgoing person (hehe) but one day i made the mistake of giving a trainee hairdresser a little too much creative license and ended up with the WORST haircut i've ever had. sadly i let it reeeally effect my personality and i just wasnt the same until it grew back... i was really shy and not confident at all! O_o

when i was in secondary school i was VERY shy... a complete pushover for people who picked on me (nothing too bad.. not bullying... just, giving me a bit of a hard time, y'know?) but after my accident i had some pretty bad scarring on my face - which thankfully is hardly noticable now~ but back then it was reeeally prominent.. but strangely it made me a LOT more confident. i kinda thought before that it was OK for people to pick on me, it didnt matter - so i let it happen and never stood up for myself... but when i had scars on my face it became WRONG for them to pick on me, so i stood up for myself ~ started asserting myself and really started to develop my social skills... so i think customization of appearance (voluntary or involuntary~) has a BIG influence on personality sometimes :smile:

EDIT: also nightwolf! your hair looks ace!!! next time try some warmer colour i think it'd really suit you! like, hot orange or red or a warm purple (like a wine colour...)

Fair enough, though most of the examples you give are of involuntary changes in appearance, which are more likely to effect you as you didn't instigate them in the first place. That said, I probably over-simplified - I'd be unlikely to let my appearance alter my personality, but maybe others would do so.

Guest bluey

yesh i see the difference between voluntary and involuntary changes too :smile: i'm pretty weird but my appearance and clothing style is fairly normal (discounting the fact i'm a stuffed suit at work, that is!) when i dont have to look normal the weirdest thing i'ma do is probably dye my hair tips (or maybe shamelessly copy night and do my bangs!) back to purple... i really miss it!!

Fresh; I apologise if I've attacked your person, that wasn't my intention :)

dsc00357gf3.jpg

HARCAT! Pre-shower, so it's messy and shit. And fugly BUT SCROO YOO.

+ hat = YES! BRING BACK NEKKED HAT FOTOZ!! :yay:

I was originally going to shout at you, then realised that I only really wanted to defend the peope who colour their hair on this forum as they are loverly, rather than the majority of people.

So I find myself half agreeing with you.. :blank:

OHEMMGEE

:'(

That must make me the like emptiest person in the world :(

I'll tell you all why I colour my hair:

I have a skin condition. I get stared at on a daily basis. I lived through most of school trying to be normal and fade into a crowd. I was incredibly depressed, I made contact with no other people outside of my family for a very very long time. I'm still a bit of a social retard because of it.

Then I figured.... Well, people will stare regardless, so FUCK it to hell. And I gave them somethin to look at! I like my hair. Just like everyone else does.

I don't understand peoples perception of "normal hair"...

Surely what a lot of famous models/actresses/actors do to their hair is abnormal! Peroxide blonde, red, streaky hair (Nature didn't make us that wayyy!!!!) I dont know why blue/green/orange/wtvr sticks in your head more than any other.

I know very little people who maintain their natural hair colour.

In conclusion: I win. :heh:

Guest bluey
Damn, that siren against the thunderstorm sets off a staggering atmosphere in that video Bluester.

thanks man! i prank called the police especially for the video ^__^

i just wish the video quality did it some justice... think its about time i started saving for a new camera ~ mine's a second hand fujifilm Z2 (i think) >__> haha. it's done me proud tho, bless it!!

WOW! You really must have no personality.

You know I'm just very bad at jokes, and I think it's awesome and that you have an awesome personality. Sorry.

you big meanie :P

anyway it looks fab, I'm still jealous though and since when was your hair that short? :heh:

In regards to the whole dyeing your hair thing, I currently have red hair and the reason I decided to colour mine was sheer boredom! That's right, boredom. I had a couple of days off work, it was during the week so no one was around and I decided that dyeing my hair might be fun and waste away an hour or two, so I did!

I'm currently trying to decide whether or not to cut it and re-dye it or let it grow to a length which would mean cutting it would remove all the red and leave me with my awesome gingerness. Although today someone said that where the orange was coming through it looked like flames, which I thought was pretty cool! :heh:

Bleaching helps, I bleached mine before I got it that awesome blue I once had.

Probably would be better if he bleached it, but if his natural colour is orangey, then adding red, it would be really pointless to bleach it to white.

If he wanted blue/purple/any other shade then maybe

I did bleach it before hand, buts that because I wanted it to be just bleached, I then dyed it red a week later because I wasn't too keen!

I'll try and get a photo up of my flaming head but I dunno how clear it'll be!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!