NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

So it appears that Iron Banner's rank 5 packages can drop some very nice items, including ghosts and class items up to 320, Nirwen's Mercy and other items not previously available from Saladin. Of course YMMV (a lot) but it should be worth a shot.

So it appears that Iron Banner's rank 5 packages can drop some very nice items, including ghosts and class items up to 320, Nirwen's Mercy and other items not previously available from Saladin. Of course YMMV (a lot) but it should be worth a shot.

All I've been reading on reddit is that clash for iron banner is awful, how have people here found it?

Hard mode raid tonight at 7:30 anyone? First priority goes to those that didn't raid last night...

1. Eddage

2. Space

3. Space

4. Space

5. Space

6. Space

I heard they didn't even bother to change the bounties to account for Clash.

It's okay, it's a bit more difficult when you get a bad team because they're even less likely to group up without an objective. I'm kinda surprised they didn't go with Rift.

Guess I know what I'm doing when I get home. After the quests I was waiting on armsday for.

I'm still free this evening to finish off Oryx, but if you guys have already arranged Trials for tonight, I can also do Sunday or Monday.

No, I kind of just assumed we were doing Trials. It's no big deal if you guys want to raid though. I'm away for the next two weekends so I was just looking for my elimination fix. *shivers*

But yeah, no big deal at all. If you're all free tonight then you should just crack Oryx off.

Ah well we couldn't finish off Oryx on Weds so arranged to complete it today. I don't think it will take long, we were pretty tired and got worse over time instead of better :p

December weapon balancing details: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14016

Summary courtesy of /u/writhenca on reddit

Auto Rifles:

• Low RoF (Suros Regime, An Answering Chord): 3% base damage increase
  • Med RoF (Zhalo Supercell, Paleocontact JPK-43): 7% base damage increase
  • High RoF (Arminius-D, Necrochasm): 4% base damage increase

Pulse Rifles:

• Low RoF (The Messenger, Spare Change): 9% base damage reduction
  • Med RoF (Hawksaw, No Time To Explain, Red Death): 8% base damage reduction
  • High RoF (Bad Juju): 8% base damage reduction
  • Highest RoF (Grasp of Marok): 2% base damage reduction
  • A low range Pulse Rifle will have shorter damage falloff than an average Hand Cannon.
  • A high range Pulse Rifle will have farther damage falloff than an average Hand Cannon.

Hand Cannons:

• Increase ADS Accuracy for more reliable shooting at close to medium range

Shotguns:

• Reduce starting damage falloff to match melee lunge ranges.
  • Low range stat falloff starts at standard melee lunge.
  • High range stat falloff starts at Blink Strike lunge.
  • Final damage falloff distance extends 0.5 meters longer for a smoother drop.
  • Slower ready/stow times for all shotguns.
  • Additional recoil across the entire Stability stat range.
  • Slower reload speed across the entire Reload stat range.
  • Slower time to Aim Down Sights for all shotguns.
  • Slower base movement speed when Shotguns are the active weapon (Walk, Run and Aim Down Sights. Sprint is unaffected.)
  • Add 2 frames delay when firing out of sprint.
  • Increase base damage against AI combatants to 1.6x (was 1.55x).

Fusion Rifles:

• Increase Charge Speed on fast charging Fusion Rifles, but reduce burst damage to compensate
  • Fusion Rifles behave more predictably based on player state
  • Reduced Hip Fire Stability for all Fusion Rifles
  • Increased ADS and Crouched Stability for all Fusion Rifles
  • Reduction in carried ammo inventory for all Fusion Rifles
  • Increased base damage against AI combatants to 1.25x (was 1.15x)

Snipers:

• Extend Sniper Rifle damage falloff so damage only reduces for very long range shots.
  • Luck in the Chamber on Sniper Rifles now only buffs precision damage.

No, I kind of just assumed we were doing Trials. It's no big deal if you guys want to raid though. I'm away for the next two weekends so I was just looking for my elimination fix. *shivers*

But yeah, no big deal at all. If you're all free tonight then you should just crack Oryx off.

Hoping to be able to do both in all honesty. I'm very confident that we'll have Oryx down within a reasonable time frame. Here's hoping more of the "elite" teams are playing Iron Banner rather than Trials!! haha

We absolutely decimated every other boss on Wednesday (all bosses in one attempt IIRC?) and we were having some connection issues by the time we got to Oryx (and it was Milagi's first go on HM so there were a few steps to learn).

This time we should have no trouble.

IB Clash with randoms can fuck right off. Enjoyed it on Tues, really annoying yesterday. Much better with a team and a bit of co-ordination.

Hoping to be able to do both in all honesty. I'm very confident that we'll have Oryx down within a reasonable time frame. Here's hoping more of the "elite" teams are playing Iron Banner rather than Trials!! haha

Yeah, not a problem! I realised we never confirmed anything so I was mostly just asking if you guys were up for Trials. :D Just shoot me a PSN message if I'm not on, I'll probably be on Star Wars though.

Damn! My Hawksaw :( Really grown to like the pulse rifles, is there any in particular that people would recommend I look to keep if/when I get it? I was gonna just keep my 297 Hawksaw and put my 306 Doom of Chelchis into it, but maybe I'll save that for something else if there's better out there for me...?

We absolutely decimated every other boss on Wednesday (all bosses in one attempt IIRC?) and we were having some connection issues by the time we got to Oryx (and it was Milagi's first go on HM so there were a few steps to learn).

This time we should have no trouble.

IB Clash with randoms can fuck right off. Enjoyed it on Tues, really annoying yesterday. Much better with a team and a bit of co-ordination.

Aye we didn't take too long on any of the bosses!

I know what I'm doing now so just hope I can stay alive haha!!

IB was annoying. I played it last night and my team got beat by over 1000 points. No idea what they were doing. I topped my team with a 2.5 K/D ratio, so it was a tad annoying not to end up on the winning side lol

If anyone fancies playing some IB in between the Raid and Trials then let me know or just join me on the party chat etc :D

Damn! My Hawksaw :( Really grown to like the pulse rifles, is there any in particular that people would recommend I look to keep if/when I get it? I was gonna just keep my 297 Hawksaw and put my 306 Doom of Chelchis into it, but maybe I'll save that for something else if there's better out there for me...?

Play iron banner for Nirwen's Mercy. Looks like it's not being gimped and it's really great anyway.

what rolls did you get on the Doom of Chelchis?

I've got two one which has Full auto as its final perk, the other (my 310 version) has one for increased accuracy the more you fire, coupled with the reduced mag (19 to 17) but increased stability perk on the other perk tree, it makes it a fast firing accuracy head shot beast - i normally hate scout rifles too, sticking to Auto Rifles or Pulse Rifles

Hate that my Red Death is being gimped a tiny amount, but it still is epic with its health regen

what rolls did you get on the Doom of Chelchis?

I've got two one which has Full auto as its final perk, the other (my 310 version) has one for increased accuracy the more you fire, coupled with the reduced mag (19 to 17) but increased stability perk on the other perk tree, it makes it a fast firing accuracy head shot beast - i normally hate scout rifles too, sticking to Auto Rifles or Pulse Rifles

Hate that my Red Death is being gimped a tiny amount, but it still is epic with its health regen

You mean the perks? How do I know what's standard and what's not? I presumed Cocoon was standard for the type, as the hand cannon I got has that too, otherwise I've got Hand Loaded, Lightweight and Smallbore in the final column.

To be fair, the Pulse Rifles aren't really being nerfed. It's the difference between landing the extra bullet in a three/four bullet burst.

stk_full.jpg

*clings to Red Death*

Also, that's just for PvP. They're actually getting a buff in PvE.

Increase base damage against AI combatants to 1.3x (was 1.25x).
Edited by Daft

Oh just PvP? No major worries for me then! Though I do still like my hawksaw in PvP too. Guess the PvE buff will be nice though.

BTW when it comes to iron banner/clash tactics with ransoms - what do you guys suggest doing to be effective? I'll usually just try and stick to one or two other guys rather than going solo or running forward into fights unless I feel I may prove a useful distraction - not sure what people actually expect/get annoyed at though, if that makes sense.

I just do what feels good, then bitch about when I die. Course I was attempting it with Imprecation which is the worst handgun I e used.

Seriously bad. But maybe with the ADS accuracy boost I can nail precision shots a bit more. Pretty sure I missed some that were dead on.

It's cool cos the electricity is temporarily down to make a new plug socket for our new fridge. Should be available at 8pm. My Hunter reach rank 5 and my titan reached rank 4 in IB.

Ah man. Just left work. Probably will be after 9 when I am on. Sorry guys! Please go ahead and trials/replace me tonight.

So I've maxed my legendary marks again so I'm thinking of buying a red death goven my previous comments on pulse rifles - it'll be 280 though so I'll need to use some shards getting it up, but ofc they're not always the greatest to come by - what's the best way to infuse/level it up as it were, so that I get maximum efficiency per shard/item sacrificed? If any of that makes sense?