NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Last quick shout for a normal mode raid tonight at around 8/9ish? Maybe if anyone wants to get some loot for an alt or so?

I've got my family coming over tonight so I can't help you unfortunately. Otherwise I'd have been happy to help.

I've got my family coming over tonight so I can't help you unfortunately. Otherwise I'd have been happy to help.

Ahh no worries! I'm sure we'll manage ok with randoms - I'm probably still the weakest link tbh!

Edit: dammit! Servers down for maintainence -.-

Edited by Rummy

Managed to NM it to the daughters last night, in addition to completing the warpriest's challenge which I was pretty happy with managing without too much prior planning and considering it's still only my third time running the raid. Sadly I already had a 310 artifact from the last time I raided, but I guess it could go to infusing on an alt? Only other semi-decent drop I got was a 310 machine gun, don't think I had much else so le sads. Plus point of this however is that my setup of choice now has me over 300 light, and I'm thinking of putting that 308 handcannon into my pulse rifle soon now.

Quite likely we'll continue Monday night, if anyone fancies jumping on for a bit to quickly do those last two bits for some easy lootings? Maybe even Sunday. I'll probs post here before anyhow :p

Totally forgot about Xur this week and won't be home... glad he's not selling any engrams and I already have Telesto, twice! Not bothered about The Stag.

Is the Telesto the fusion rifle you mentioned about before when I was talking about them? Is it worth me getting? Although the annoyance will be getting it up from 280. I need to find a way to get myself strange coins more/faster so I can buy Xur's equipment bits and scrap them for shards -.-

It's fun but I dunno, it'd never be my go-to weapon for anything. True of most exotics these days though.

If you can spare the coins go for it, otherwise I'd personally get 3oC.

But then again I have loads of exotics....

Saw some people on reddit talking about how fun it is, and how useful on nightfalls.

Mentioning you @Rummy in case you viewed my post before I edited in the other side of the coin!

Edited by Shorty

Cheers. I do love my void Long Far Gone in PvE and checked a video of the Telesto - can afford it and reckon I'd enjoy it just wondering if I should buy it right now or not though. Hadn't considered the 3oC much before(don't fully understand it either) but maybe something I should start looking into as I think I'm gonna try to run raids etc more often. Do exotic engrams come out a varying light level if they're year 2 items btw, or still at 280? I've only ever gotten Year 1s from engrams I think.

When you're light 300+ there's a small chance of them being 310. When you're 311+ there's a very high chance of them being 310. So always equip your best setup before decrypting.

3oC just increases the chance that the next ultra you beat will drop an exotic. If it doesn't, then the next use makes it even more likely.

Apparently the best way to get guaranteed exotics is to beat 3 strikes in a row (exclude Psion Flayers from the count), popping a 3oC during the third one. Should drop an exotic. Then go to orbit and repeat. Quite often get an exotic from the raid if you use a 3oC before Warpriest, Golgoroth and Oryx's shade phase.

Taken me far too long to find bloody xur! What's he best way to obtain strange coins to spend at him atm BTW?

Taken me far too long to find bloody xur! What's he best way to obtain strange coins to spend at him atm BTW?

They moved Xur from the reef to the Tower Hanger this afternoon. Public Events, complete the bounties for Vanguard/Crucible, Nightfall.

Cheers, guess I'll have to just keep doing my bounties etc. How long does a 3 of coins last once its been consumed - can Taken Champions count for it in patrol too?

Cheers, guess I'll have to just keep doing my bounties etc. How long does a 3 of coins last once its been consumed - can Taken Champions count for it in patrol too?

It lasts forever, until it is redeemed by killing an ultra. And yeah, champions count.

It lasts forever, until it is redeemed by killing an ultra. And yeah, champions count.

Thanks. Killed 3 or 4 of them last night(well, as late as i was here) in various locations with 3oC but no engram drop so far, might buy another 5-10 today and run some strikes hoping for the best.

6x3oCoins down - still no exotics -.- Telesto is indeed quite fun though, enjoying it even still just at 280. Need to work hard on getting my strange coins up for more 3oC going forward, really hoping it works out with some exotics for me.

I can usually get a single drop out of about 10 coins. Sometimes a second one.

Yeah, after 8 coins just got my first drop! Was from a taken champ. If I log off/turn off after the coin I last popped just stay active or is there still a timeout(as didn't kill an ultra)?

Edited by Rummy

Yeah it says active even if you log off.

Thanks, ran the level 10 moon strike just as a close out as it's fairly short and easy just in case. It did get me to thinking though - is the drop rate identical across all ultras? Could you just run the easy/faster strikes if leaving enough time between them/killing the ultra to avoid the nerfing effect they put in?

I'm not really sure if drop rates scale with levels or not. But running the vanguard strike playlist is probably a better idea because you'll have a better chance of legendary drops if you don't get the exotic.

SPARROW RACING LEAGUE! Can't wait to get those awesome racing gears and sparrows

Edited by DriftKaiser

I'm not really sure if drop rates scale with levels or not. But running the vanguard strike playlist is probably a better idea because you'll have a better chance of legendary drops if you don't get the exotic.

Didn't think of that, though I'm trying mostly to use the 3oC passively with whatever I'm doing anyway(for some stupid reason, I find myself really drawn to spawning and killing Taken champions...think I blame Petra :p). Speaking of which I'll probs run some Prison of Elders most of today for strange coins, using up my keys, and use my 3oC with that? Though I'm running down on them so maybe I'll just run the vanguard strikes as you say, not gonna take up too much time.

Also just putting out a potential shout - anyone wanna help me and my mate finish NM (i think)tomorrow eve before it gets reset? Just at the bit with the daughters atm, so not too much to do - easy lootings!

Yiiisssss! Just cashed the exotic helmet engram 3oC netted me yesterday...came out at 310! Whilst sad I don't have a shard like I wanted, I cannot complain about a 310 for now.