NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

So in which case

New Raid team for this Week? Normal or Hard depending on Light Levels - Might be best as Normal till we get everyone over 300 some way

I can probably do any night from Wednesday and as long as i have notice pretty much any daytime at the weekend

Team of 6

ME

<Slot>

<Slot>

<Slot>

<Slot>

<Slot>

@Rummy@Blade@Deathjam@MilaGi@Map@Zell@Shorty@Daft@DriftKaiser@Sheikah@Eddageand anyone else

Count me in.

Ok, right. Here's my current position. Just speaking to my friend's other half(aka Scott/Heyho - was scoping for another person if we needed) and he's never done the King's Fall raid, BUT he was apparently planning to do it this week with his son(Gabe, who's done it a few times on both normal and hard apparently) - extending the invite to myself and Psychick-Youth(Ciaran) via me. Gabe can probs get two more to fill the spaces left, but Scott's said if I know anyone then we can fill it that way.

My other problem is that I can only do tmw, Weds, Thurs/Fri 10pmish on, and maybe Saturday/Sunday with no guarantees on them or times. Monday's most likely out and next Tuesday's a possibility.

Now I'm torn, because I wanted to finish off with you guys and yous showed me the ropes. However given the checkpoint goes with the reset - I dunno what to do. I'd like to carry on with yourselves, but if 6 of you here wanted to raid I'd rather you guys went together knowing I've got Psychick/Scott/Gabe to make up 2/3rds of a raid with myself and the fact those of us who don't know it will probs slow you down.

However! We're still two people down - so if nothing comes of it here and anyone particularly fancies doing the normal mode KF raid - I'd happily take the volunteers and try to co-ordinate amongst all these folks. Scott/heyho says they're thinking 8-10ish Weds, which I presume is an 8pm start and not just a random 2 hour window to start. I obvs need to let him know, to let Gabe know, to let another 2 folks to fill the gaps know; if any of this makes sense.

All that aside - got the kingslayer ghost shell at 300 defense at some point during Sat's raid which is excellent and bumped me up another point on the light level scale. Don't know if I've got lucky with something somewhere to have gotten that, but regardless I am pretty chuffed with it :D

Edited by Rummy

Awesome so...

Hard Mode Raid, Tuesday 10th, 7:30PM (or earlier if people can make it)

1. Eddage

2. @Shorty

3. @Sheikah

4. @Daft

5. @Zell

6. @DriftKaiser

What time can everyone start by? I'm thinking maybe even do the orbs and first jumping bits without a full team if people don't mind missing the pointless ammo synths/runes from the chests? We only need a full fireteam from the totems onwards. I might even do those bits with my hunter to get a checkpoint at the totems in case we wanna do an alt run later in the week.

I can be on from 6 to help clear the beginning in advance, if there's anyone else about (the orbs would surely take 4 people minimum and be a bit tricky at that). @Sheikah and @Zell typically can't be on before (or at) 7.30 (correct me if I'm wrong guys).

Edited by Shorty

Sorry guys, just found out today I have to be in a TC with an author at 7. Not going to be able to make it back for any reasonable time most likely so please go ahead and replace me if you can. @Dan_Dare, @Deathjam, @Map or @MilaGi able to take up the spot? Or anyone else? Sorry guys, if needed I can try message Irenicus for you.

Hmmm I'll have a go at hard mode then today

Quick, if you head to the Tower now DJ, you might be ready by the time we start. ;)

Jade rabbit is awesome. Keep it.

Just got this, can confirm is awesome.

Now if I was just accurate enough to be good with it.

So in which case

New Raid team for this Week? Normal or Hard depending on Light Levels - Might be best as Normal till we get everyone over 300 some way

I can probably do any night from Wednesday and as long as i have notice pretty much any daytime at the weekend

Team of 6

ME

<Slot>

<Slot>

<Slot>

<Slot>

<Slot>

@Rummy@Blade@Deathjam@MilaGi@Map@Zell@Shorty@Daft@DriftKaiser@Sheikah@Eddageand anyone else

Yes please :)

I can be on from 6 to help clear the beginning in advance, if there's anyone else about (the orbs would surely take 4 people minimum and be a bit tricky at that). @Sheikah and @Zell typically can't be on before (or at) 7.30 (correct me if I'm wrong guys).

I'm off work ill today, thus, won't be leaving the house. I'm happy to gives you guys a hand with the opening bit if you need players for that until you wait for some of the others

Not the best of videos but I wanted to practice stringing a clip together from multiple angles, @DriftKaiser and I make a comeback at the last minute of a 3v3 (but it was really 2v3 because our guy was afk most of the match and leaves at the beginning of the clip). Watch us both go to red when they only need one kill, and watch to the end for an epic finisher from Drift :p

Edited by Shorty

Not sure what's happening with the normal mode raid, but potentially got 2 spaces for 8pm tomorrow if anyone's interested? Need to know by like 12/1pm tomorrow so I can confirm though. Caveat is me and my mate psychick have only done like a third of it(up to war priest, didnt beat him), and another guy hasn't done it at all, though our 4th guy has done it a few times on normal and hard as my previous post mentioned. He is like 15 though, so probably just plays vidya games all the time and knows what he's doing :p

Long shot I realise, but offer's there!

Some vids for your viewing pleasure from Trials...

That match; my positioning is all over the place, sometimes it's abjectly terrible - the rounds where I'm dying instantly - and other times rock solid (I watch it now from your perspective @MilaGi and I'm think this Daft dude either knows what he's doing and he's going to slaughter the other team or he doesohlookhesdead _ and 85% of the time it's the latter). I need to work on that. I'm a bit of a hesitant rusher which is...categorically the most useless thing to be.

Thanks for posting the videos, they were good to review, especially seeing the match from a different angle.

Also, our team movement needs a bit of work. Think we all need to react a bit quicker when someone goes down instead of sticking to what we're doing. Although, I think we all concluded that we weren't a fan of that map (What you guys were calling the tunnel I thought of as 'B' and what I thought of as the tunnel – that bit of tubing under the derailed train – was...also the tunnel?). I think pre-match this week, we look up which map it is and decide on what Top/Mid/Bottom is as well as have clear callouts.

We got to 7 clear wins before getting matched up against those lag-twats so we're doing well. I think a bit more prep and base strategy could take us that extra bit further.

I felt a bit janky playing as a Warlock on Monday after really taking to Hunter, I think that made me a bit frustrated and made me play much worse. So apologies for my absolutely awful performance on Monday. I would have switched back to my Hunter in a heartbeat but I wanted to grind those bounties.

I will be a Hunter again on Friday night. @Deathjam MilaGi, up for it again?

Also, fuck invis shotgunners.

That match; my positioning is all over the place, sometimes it's abjectly terrible - the rounds where I'm dying instantly - and other times rock solid (I watch it now from your perspective @MilaGi and I'm think this Daft dude either knows what he's doing and he's going to slaughter the other team or he doesohlookhesdead _ and 85% of the time it's the latter). I need to work on that. I'm a bit of a hesitant rusher which is...categorically the most useless thing to be.

Thanks for posting the videos, they were good to review, especially seeing the match from a different angle.

Also, our team movement needs a bit of work. Think we all need to react a bit quicker when someone goes down instead of sticking to what we're doing. Although, I think we all concluded that we weren't a fan of that map (What you guys were calling the tunnel I thought of as 'B' and what I thought of as the tunnel – that bit of tubing under the derailed train – was...also the tunnel?). I think pre-match this week, we look up which map it is and decide on what Top/Mid/Bottom is as well as have clear callouts.

We got to 7 clear wins before getting matched up against those lag-twats so we're doing well. I think a bit more prep and base strategy could take us that extra bit further.

I felt a bit janky playing as a Warlock on Monday after really taking to Hunter, I think that made me a bit frustrated and made me play much worse. So apologies for my absolutely awful performance on Monday. I would have switched back to my Hunter in a heartbeat but I wanted to grind those bounties.

I will be a Hunter again on Friday night. @Deathjam MilaGi, up for it again?

Also, fuck invis shotgunners.

I need to get time to look at these videos. Definitely up for it on Friday @MilaGi and @Daft. What class I'll be will depend on what is rewarded this week but it's most likely gonna be Titan.

The fact that the First Curse quest is spreading over 3 Armsday is ridiculous but I'll get it next week. Hope it's better than it's twin The Last Word and where is my option to dual-wield those twins?

Edited by DriftKaiser

If you ordered one last week, there is an Eirene RR4 with HOLO sights (extremely low zoom), Luck in the Chamber (for Maximum salt), Unflinching and Quickdraw.

It's a beast for PvP, just used it in a game of Rumble.

I'm...so happy I ordered one. But fuck Bungie for making me feel like I might need something like this because of the meta.

So in which case

Team of 6

ME

<Slot>

<Slot>

<Slot>

<Slot>

<Slot>

Count me in.

Yes please :)

Obviously tonight is out (sorry to DJ who thought we'd be raising) anyone up for Friday? Or at the weekend?

I'm continuing my raid with the peeps I mentioned on Friday night around 2130(or earlier if I get out of work a bit earlier or they base me near home) - *may* have one or two spaces going so if the raid doesn't come together and you're about and wanna join let me know. Should have our checkpoint at Golgoroth(tried a few times but didn't manage to do too well against him).

I'm continuing my raid with the peeps I mentioned on Friday night around 2130(or earlier if I get out of work a bit earlier or they base me near home) - *may* have one or two spaces going so if the raid doesn't come together and you're about and wanna join let me know. Should have our checkpoint at Golgoroth(tried a few times but didn't manage to do too well against him).

One thing to remember is that this raid, probably more so than the others, requires snipers when starting out, which is a it shitty imo but this is what we get so make sure everyone is carrying maxed out high light level snipers.

Really, almost nothing else will cut it unless it's very particular like the telesto or the player is highly skilled.

One thing to remember is that this raid, probably more so than the others, requires snipers when starting out, which is a it shitty imo but this is what we get so make sure everyone is carrying maxed out high light level snipers.

Really, almost nothing else will cut it unless it's very particular like the telesto or the player is highly skilled.

Yeah, someone mentioned snipers and machine guns - do machine guns still apply to Golgoroth? On the plus side just before we started yesterday I maxed out the Defender - unlocking the bonus to weapons of light(may have helped us with the war priest).

Annoyingly PsychickYouth apparently doesn't have much in the way of weapons etc. He has got a sniper but it isn't particularly great level, may encourage him to use it anyway though(considering his other main secondary is a shotgun for crucible :rolleyes:)

Yeah, someone mentioned snipers and machine guns - do machine guns still apply to Golgoroth? On the plus side just before we started yesterday I maxed out the Defender - unlocking the bonus to weapons of light(may have helped us with the war priest).

Annoyingly PsychickYouth apparently doesn't have much in the way of weapons etc. He has got a sniper but it isn't particularly great level, may encourage him to use it anyway though(considering his other main secondary is a shotgun for crucible :rolleyes:)

I personally rely on my scout rifle and sniper. Barely use my heavy in this raid but I'm still trying to learn when it's best to use them. But really, the 1000 yard stare is so amazing that there is almost no need for anything else.

I may sound crazy but getting the exotic sword (bolt caster I think it is) for the raid as your heavy is awesome as not only does it give you both long and short range options, it boosts your light level significantly at 310 light and has good ammo economy.

Your weapons of light will help with golgoroth as well. Almost every time you guys go to damage him you should be charged. Just make sure you put the bubble far enough away that it doesn't interfere.

Also when fighting Golgoroth make sure to hit the floor with a bow fairly close to the pool of light your group is in but also within tetherable range of Golgoroth. You'll both do more damage to Golgoroth and tether enemies like cursed thrall and fallen, stopping them hitting you.