NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

I personally rely on my scout rifle and sniper. Barely use my heavy in this raid but I'm still trying to learn when it's best to use them. But really, the 1000 yard stare is so amazing that there is almost no need for anything else.

I may sound crazy but getting the exotic sword (bolt caster I think it is) for the raid as your heavy is awesome as not only does it give you both long and short range options, it boosts your light level significantly at 310 light and has good ammo economy.

Is the exotic sword from the crucible guy(shaxx?) where I had to kill 100 majors/yellow bars and 25 guardians in crucible? Got about 8 to go of the latter. Also does it replace the old one, or come in addition to it?

Re: Thousand Yard Stare..ohhhh yeahhh! That's my sniper, sadly it's only 285 attack though and I haven't the heart to sacrifice my 300 Fusion into it(quite like fusions). Still been finding it pretty decent at 285 for the raid though.

Your weapons of light will help with golgoroth as well. Almost every time you guys go to damage him you should be charged. Just make sure you put the bubble far enough away that it doesn't interfere.

The guy leading us focused on a particular bubble for him, which had an alcove just behind that I could stick it in. Not sure how much my team were using it despite me being quite clear I was throwing it up for them though(mostly was charged when going in, though).

Also when fighting Golgoroth make sure to hit the floor with a bow fairly close to the pool of light your group is in but also within tetherable range of Golgoroth. You'll both do more damage to Golgoroth and tether enemies like cursed thrall and fallen, stopping them hitting you.

I keep hearing this stuff about tethers - I'm assuming this is that grenade or something from a void skill tree in one of the other classes? I've only experienced being tethered myself in crucible.

It's the nightstalker's super, a hunter subclass. They fire an arrow that tethers nearby enemies, making them take more damage and hit you a lot less. It has other neat things like making the the tethered enemies provide lots of orbs or explode when they die, depending on how you spec it. It's very useful for nearly all the bosses as it boosts already massive damage values for all fireteam members while it's active.

Is the exotic sword from the crucible guy(shaxx?) where I had to kill 100 majors/yellow bars and 25 guardians in crucible? Got about 8 to go of the latter. Also does it replace the old one, or come in addition to it?

Yes that's the beginning. It's a long quest buy worth it. Which sword do you have?

Re: Thousand Yard Stare..ohhhh yeahhh! That's my sniper, sadly it's only 285 attack though and I haven't the heart to sacrifice my 300 Fusion into it(quite like fusions). Still been finding it pretty decent at 285 for the raid though.

In the current state of the game, a sniper would be more useful to you than a fusion rifle.

If you do end up using the fusion rifle for o fusion, try to make sure what you infuse to is at least 294 to maximise the chance of getting it to 300

Yes that's the beginning. It's a long quest buy worth it. Which sword do you have?

Arc edge or something? Basically the arc sword infused, but was wondering on whether it's simply upgraded/replaced as debating whether I really wanted arc for my sword.

In the current state of the game, a sniper would be more useful to you than a fusion rifle.

If you do end up using the fusion rifle for o fusion, try to make sure what you infuse to is at least 294 to maximise the chance of getting it to 300

Sadly I'm just too attached to my void fusion! Given I wouldn't really have anything void otherwise(only been defender atm to level it). I like fusions for the moments where I need to hit hard on something smallish, but I guess I'm just Long Far Gone...(ohohoho!)

Arc edge or something? Basically the arc sword infused, but was wondering on whether it's simply upgraded/replaced as debating whether I really wanted arc for my sword.

Sadly I'm just too attached to my void fusion! Given I wouldn't really have anything void otherwise(only been defender atm to level it). I like fusions for the moments where I need to hit hard on something smallish, but I guess I'm just Long Far Gone...(ohohoho!)

Ah yeah forgot to mention that the exotic sword is in addition to the legendary, is very quick to level and starts off at 310 light

Exotic sword quest is a must-do, not only are swords ridiculously good for most PvE, you get a 310 light heavy weapon that does wonders for your light level.

I need to get the Void Exotic sword at some point. Bolt Caster is defo brilliant for short and long range. Raze-lighter is brilliant on Major and Ultra health enemies. Guess Dark-Drinker is brilliant on hordes?

I need to get the Void Exotic sword at some point. Bolt Caster is defo brilliant for short and long range. Raze-lighter is brilliant on Major and Ultra health enemies. Guess Dark-Drinker is brilliant on hordes?

Dark drinker is a bit of an alrounder but yes it excels at hordes. Used in conjunction with tether it rains orbs.

Will get you killed though due to explosive scenery or majors continuing to shoot you while you spin to win so you need a good entry and exit strategy

Sounds like there's some notable differences between these swords somehow?

Significant! the Swords have an R1 melee attack but also a special R2 attack

The Solar (Flame) Exotic sword has a single enemy heavy hitting flame attack - best for yellow bar Major/Ultra's as said above

The Arc (Electric) Exotic sword has a long range sword electric beam (think Legend of Zelda full hearts beam) - good damage and makes the high light level sword useful on bosses that you can't get close to (@Drift_Kaiser uses his on the Warpriest)

The Void (Darkness) Exotic Sword has a Darkness sword whirlwind (again think zelda) allowing it to hit multiple enemies at once - this also hits very hard but not as hard as the Solar Sword, i have this sword and can kill the psion flayers in the strike in 3/4 hits of the R2 special, almost as quick as i see those with the flame sword do

Any takers for a Normal Raid this Friday/weekend?

Significant! the Swords have an R1 melee attack but also a special R2 attack

The Solar (Flame) Exotic sword has a single enemy heavy hitting flame attack - best for yellow bar Major/Ultra's as said above

The Arc (Electric) Exotic sword has a long range sword electric beam (think Legend of Zelda full hearts beam) - good damage and makes the high light level sword useful on bosses that you can't get close to (@Drift_Kaiser uses his on the Warpriest)

The Void (Darkness) Exotic Sword has a Darkness sword whirlwind (again think zelda) allowing it to hit multiple enemies at once - this also hits very hard but not as hard as the Solar Sword, i have this sword and can kill the psion flayers in the strike in 3/4 hits of the R2 special, almost as quick as i see those with the flame sword do

Any takers for a Normal Raid this Friday/weekend?

Can do weekend. Would do Friday too but doing trials. Also nice breakdown.

Bolt caster have a secondary effect where you can affect other enemies who stood near the one who got hit by the arc blast. I wipe alot of thralls in the Abyss due to this.

Turns out Psychick doesn't think he can make it now either, which leaves 3 of us as a solid...so if anyone wants to join from Golgoroth around 2130/2200hrs this eve let me know with a mention...

@Rummy enjoy your fusion rifle while you can :p once you've near completed your collection and really figured out which guns are best, you'll probably never use one again. Also, psychick is a guy's username?

@Rummy enjoy your fusion rifle while you can :p once you've near completed your collection and really figured out which guns are best, you'll probably never use one again. Also, psychick is a guy's username?

Hey now, Telesto is kinda neat. And sleeper stimulant if you don't have a sword. And yeah basically Fusion Rifles aren't shit.

Well, they're fun (along with Vex Mythoclast) precisely because they're nothing like all normal fusion rifles :p

I really should try the trials at some point (I've never actually done any), i REALLY want that Anubis helmet (Jackal something)