NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

@MilaGi@Deathjam@Blade are we doing the Raid Wednesday? Times? We have offers from @Daft and @DriftKaiser to join us too, so we can make up numbers

Hell yes :D

Edit: I should be available from 7pm until around half 10 at latest.

Edited by MilaGi
didn't answer question re times!

Tomorrow is good for me!!

Microtransactions incoming, Tess is back selling emotes next week.

Personally think it's kinda cool :) Although it depends on the price and whether you have to buy Silver in bulk on your respective store.

Kotaku bounced around a rumour that they might be trying an approach where optional purchases are going to cover the cost of mission DLC, meaning free DLC. That would be cool.

https://www.bungie.net/7_Introducing-Eververse-Trading-Company/en/News/News?aid=13672

DLC wont be free ofcourse going by their statement but it helps them do smaller updates here and there its all good.

This sort of dlc is pretty common across the board. Nothing to worry about.

The original kotaku rumour thingy made it sound like it was going free to play which is messed up on many levels. Destiny isnt a pc game. It doesnt operate in a pc market. Thank god its a packaged console product!

Sometimes I think people expect an unrealistic amount from Destiny. Its absolutely not an MMO. Its clearly not an MMORPG and doesnt need a business model like one. I prefer that it isnt. It makes the game much more easier to handle. Online FPS with certain RPG elements is probably the most accurate term for the game imo.

What many forget is that projects involving this mix fail or dont get off the ground. Look at Titan from Blizzard. It turned into Overwatch a multiplayer shooter. Firefall has struggled. Borderlands is pretty basic. Bungie have made it work somehow where everyone else failed. I think having a not overly big game is a good thing here. Plus the fps mechanics are up there with the best of the best when it comes to shooting. The RPG sprinklings are great but I think Bungie rightfully did not make the game over bearing on the RPG side. The balance feels just right.

This might be a bit of a silly question - but who do folks recommend I be doing around 290 light level to try and get better stuff? Should I be equipping all legendaries that I like and infusing them? There's still content for me to complete in the way of quests etc - but what sort of becomes the main game point once you've got that all out of the way? Obvs know about raids(not sure about taking any on yet) and sub-things like crucible, prison of elders, but anything else? Other than bounties I'm not doing much other than the occasional quest/strikes when my mate's on atm.

Once you get to light 290 raids really are the way to go to get your light to 300, as you can get 300+ light weapons and equipment that will quickly push you up to light 300 and beyond (as well as letting you get a 310 artifact through doing a quest from completing the raid). Once you reach light 300, any exotic engrams you decrypt (from Xur or using 3 of coins) have a chance to come out as 310 light armour/weapons (as well as 290, which they can still decrypt at), which can then be either equipped or infused into legendaries. Better to get past light 300 before going infusion mad, in my experience. You won't know what you'll want to keep until then.

Also once you are light 290 you are easily good enough to take on the entire raid.

Edited by Sheikah

This might be a bit of a silly question - but who do folks recommend I be doing around 290 light level to try and get better stuff? Should I be equipping all legendaries that I like and infusing them? There's still content for me to complete in the way of quests etc - but what sort of becomes the main game point once you've got that all out of the way? Obvs know about raids(not sure about taking any on yet) and sub-things like crucible, prison of elders, but anything else? Other than bounties I'm not doing much other than the occasional quest/strikes when my mate's on atm.

In addition to what Sheikah said, there are 3 quests that offer 310 Exotic weapons as rewards:

-Exotic Swords - to unlock this quest I believe you need to fully level your legendary sword and infuse it to 280+ attack. Once you finish the quest chain, you receive a 310 Exotic sword. These are well worth getting, they do absurd amounts of damage and are extremely fun to use

-The Black Spindle - an Exotic sniper rifle, currently dropping at 310 for now, but due to be nerfed to 290 at some point in the future. You need to wait for 'Lost to Light' to be the Daily Heroic Story mission and complete a secret quest during the mission (this is very tough and will require a 3 man fireteam to complete)

-Touch of Malice - this is a 310 Exotic scout rifle that drops after completing a very long chain of quests, part of which includes beating the Raid

Would highly recommend you doing the Raid, Rummy. It is the best content the game has to offer.

I seee. In my head I've imagined raids to be a bit harder than other stuff - and we already struggle with some of the higher level strikes! Well...not struggle, just sometimes a bit deathy. I think a bad run of Prison of Elders put me off thinking we'd be good enough too.

I'm presuming all raids run at 6 people, given the organising I've seen going on here? I'm currently like 288 light or something iirc. I'll talk to my mate about working through the rest of TTK quests and stuff we haven't done then look to get raiding...

(will also need to work on that legendary sword dealie, not gotten it yet but think I just need to collect the hadium flakes reading up about it)

@MilaGi@Deathjam@Blade are we doing the Raid Wednesday? Times? We have offers from and @DriftKaiser to join us too, so we can make up numbers

Tomorrow is good for me!!

We still all available for atound 7/7:30?

Actually turns out I'm more 281 light than 288 - does that make much of a major difference to your advices @Zell and @Sheikah? If so what's currently best way to up light?

I seee. In my head I've imagined raids to be a bit harder than other stuff - and we already struggle with some of the higher level strikes! Well...not struggle, just sometimes a bit deathy. I think a bad run of Prison of Elders put me off thinking we'd be good enough too.

I'm presuming all raids run at 6 people, given the organising I've seen going on here? I'm currently like 288 light or something iirc. I'll talk to my mate about working through the rest of TTK quests and stuff we haven't done then look to get raiding...

(will also need to work on that legendary sword dealie, not gotten it yet but think I just need to collect the hadium flakes reading up about it)

Well, they are harder, but it's all down to team work and coordination rather than straight numbers difficultly.

Actually turns out I'm more 281 light than 288 - does that make much of a major difference to your advices @Zell and @Sheikah? If so what's currently best way to up light?

That's a little low for the raid.

Best thing to do is:

• Vanguard strikes for blue or legendary engrams, they'll decode to your level and will gradually push you up
  • daily and heroic activities for legendary marks. If you have weapons and armour lower than 280 the vanguard sell legendary weapons and armour for marks
  • Quests for special rewards.

@Blade @Deathjam (and Skillionius), @Agent Gibbs and finally @DriftKaiser

Thanks for making a start on the Raid last night. Was great to finally get a piece of the action and had an enormous amount of fun whilst doing it too!

Have to say thanks to @DriftKaiser for helping us and for teasing us with the messages. He didn't want to spoil it for us, so was continually letting us know whether we were close to solving things (or not).

We managed to get to the Warpriest, but didn't get beyond that due to time constraints. It's certainly interesting trying to work things out, but I reckon we've made good progress on it...

Hopefully we'll get another opportunity tonight or more likely tomorrow night instead! We all good for Friday evening @ 7.30pm? I'll be on time ;) haha

You guys made some good progress. Anyone get any good loot? Can't wait to see how you deal with

Golgoroth

Every manage to start their quest for the Sleeper Simulant?

@Blade @Deathjam (and Skillionius), @Agent Gibbs and finally @DriftKaiser

Thanks for making a start on the Raid last night. Was great to finally get a piece of the action and had an enormous amount of fun whilst doing it too!

Have to say thanks to @DriftKaiser for helping us and for teasing us with the messages. He didn't want to spoil it for us, so was continually letting us know whether we were close to solving things (or not).

We managed to get to the Warpriest, but didn't get beyond that due to time constraints. It's certainly interesting trying to work things out, but I reckon we've made good progress on it...

Hopefully we'll get another opportunity tonight or more likely tomorrow night instead! We all good for Friday evening @ 7.30pm? I'll be on time ;) haha

It's too soon to joke about timing issues milagi 😒 heh. Had great fun yesterday. Loved how @DriftKaiser would run along with our obviously failing plans and another thanks goes to him for helping myself and skillonious get exotic swords. That was intense.

Looking forward to more crazy raiding on Friday if I can't get time today

You guys made some good progress. Anyone get any good loot? Can't wait to see how you deal with
Golgoroth

Every manage to start their quest for the Sleeper Simulant?

Almost all got ghost shells which is very useful.

Started the stimulant quest this morning before bounty reset as I heard that yesterday was the only day you could do it according to a bungie tweet.

Bloody hard until you figure out a hiding spot. Having that exotic arc sword definitely helps as would Zhalos supercell

Edited by Deathjam

Almost all got ghost shells which is very useful.

Started the stimulant quest this morning before bounty reset as I heard that yesterday was the only day you could do it according to a bungie tweet.

Bloody hard until you figure out a hiding spot. Having that exotic arc sword definitely helps as would Zhalos supercell

The Ghost is awesome.

I'm up to the War Sat stage of the SS quest. going to be around tonight waiting for them.

The second stage has gone live today! The Sleeper Simulant comes.

Is that the rail gun?

Nah, it's a heavy fusion rifle.

fires one beam that hits like a truck, only three in the mag though and a long charge time. Not sure how useful it'll really be although I haven't tried it against a boss yet.

Can't wait to see how you guys beat the Warpriest on this Friday after how you did well with the first encounter with him. :D

Got the Sleeper Stimulant and from the descriptions of the perks, I excepted it to destroys a horde with a blast but in reality, it just kill 2 out of 8 enemies. :/

5 people with Sleeper Simulant can kill Golgoroth with only two orbs.

All I got was the shards and more than anything I needed a decent ghost shell! That RNG hates me

I'm up for Friday, could possibly even do some tonight too.

I think we got the war priest down sort of, must be a way to prevent death of the person in the red bubble though

Have fun in the raid guys? :D

Did you get to the boss with four arms and four gjallarhorns yet??