NEurope
Jimbob

The Red Dwarf Mafia

@Jimbob should help, but your PM will tell you who you are/what you do, and what powers you may have. If they are night powers, you can send him a message with a target to use them now, because...it is night time.

*sleeps*

There's a thread somewhere with basic rules and stuff, and then the mafiascum wiki has lots on, but personally I don't like that as it doesn't really totally represent the games we play.

Anyway, sleepytime!

Erm....i genuinely have no idea how this game works.

I thought i'd just play along and watch other people until i got the hang of it, but now it's got to the point where i think some sort of input is expected of me, and I do not have a clue what to do.

During the day, we discuss amongst ourselves who we think is suspicious, or what happened during the night, etc. And vote for whoever we want to see lynched. This is how the Town (us) weed out the Mafia (traitors, villains hidden in our midst, killing the town, one by one).

It is tradition that first days always go "No Lynch" because there's no proper starting point in the discussion.

During the nights, we get to use our Night powers. You got your Role PM from Jimbob, no doubt, which specifies what sort of thing(s) you can do during the night (or even during the day). For this, you send a PM to Jimbob saying what you want to do (usually it's using your power on someone else a.k.a. "targeting" someone)

Once the night is over (when Jimbob has all the PMs, or simply when he chooses to end it), someone dies and a new day begins, where we can resume our discussion and start pointing fingers.

I see......so i'll send Jimbob a PM regarding what i want to do....

EDIT: Oh i see, it's kind of like Winking Murder but with extra fiddley bits.

Edited by 130131301364

oh yeah - don't edit posts. If you need to make a correction, have a follow up post with the details. If you slip up and reveal something important, it needs to stay in the record for fairness

yep, pretty much.

Just no editing posts in future as its frowned upon.

and no game discussion at night.. obviously were helping you with game mechanics at the moment rather than discussing this particular game.

Anything else you need to know?

beaten to the post quite literally by Yvonne.

Ok that thread helps. I'll shut up now because it is nighttime.

This flash tutorial is also a pretty neat oft-cited introduction to the game and some more advanced roles too (not all of these roles crop up though).

(just wanted to say I'd seen that flash so long ago I'd forgotten I'd even ever seen it, don't know why we don't reference it more because it was actually what taught me to play!)

Day phase will begin a little later, as i'm in work and can't access everything until i get home later. Apologies in advance.

Edited by Jimbob

NB not typical to single out/name people publically who haven't submitted targets yet.

And un-automergetc

NB not typical to single out/name people publically who haven't submitted targets yet.

And un-automergetc

Yeah if nobody mafia dies then you've given us two likely suspects right there.

Use your PMs.

Also suggests that those two aren't in the mafia, because the mafia would have sent all their targets together/you would've posted in the mafia forum. Basically, I'd delete that post and PM them.

*sleeps*

Quite a few people may have seen it now, I think it may be a bit too late to delete it.

No editing of posts is Rule number 1 of Mafia.

I know this.

EDIT: Not speaking during Night Phase is Rule number 2.

I have just failed both.

Yeah, sorry. Wasn't thinking straight. Pretend that didn't occur, there's free cocktails at the bar for everyone.

Preventing automerge, while wondering if this is the busiest night we've ever had.

That's it, 4 hours WOO

(Thats With-Out Oxygen!!!!)

MrFlibble1.jpg

The crew went back to their own business. Some followed others, some went on the town for the night. The ships computer did report seeing 2 David Listers wandering around last night, but this may have been a figment of the imagination. A shoe-tree collection was organised and a certain felix-sapien ordered 15 fishes from the vending machine. And 2 droids were seen playing "John Wayne". Thats about it really.

Players 16

@mr\-paul

@bob

@Jon Dedede

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@Magnus Peterson

@Nintendohnut

Day 2 begins now

Yaaaaaaaaaow, that's a lot of fish! I was apparently successful last night, not going to say doing what at this early stage though.

Nothing of significance to report myself. I don't think I'll be as useful in this game as I was in the Wire mafia :p

Something interesting happened to me! I think? I notice that no one died. Any roleblockers interested in coming forwards?

I'd like to know who targeted me actually but I'm probably not going to find out this early.