Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Jurassic Park 4 that never was [ahahahaha]

Retro_Link

As a film that wasn't Jurassic Park I'd have watched it.
Yeah I actually agree. As some new sci-fi esque franchise it could have been alright maybe (though I still get the feeling it would have turned out badly... it's just the type of concept that would). But to put it in the Jurassic Park universe is one giant Brontosaurus step too far!

Honestly, it's more like Dino Crisis meets Resident Evil. I do agree, it's a stupid-but-fun idea but it would've just trashed JP's rep.

The other side of the coin; how far can JP even go? I've seen the trilogy but, frankly, I was young and I don't really recall what happened in teh 2nd and 3rd movie. Were they both just people revisiting the island and going "ohp, yep, it's still fucked?"

Honestly' date=' it's more like [b']Dino Crisis[/b] meets Resident Evil. I do agree, it's a stupid-but-fun idea but it would've just trashed JP's rep.

The other side of the coin; how far can JP even go? I've seen the trilogy but, frankly, I was young and I don't really recall what happened in teh 2nd and 3rd movie. Were they both just people revisiting the island and going "ohp, yep, it's still fucked?"

Pretty much. I suppose it would have suspended too much belief to have them go back a fourth time.

About the concept art themselves, i will now ruin them for you.

super-mario-bros-movie-goomba.jpg

The other side of the coin; how far can JP even go? I've seen the trilogy but' date=' frankly, I was young and I don't really recall what happened in teh 2nd and 3rd movie. Were they both just people revisiting the island and going "ohp, yep, it's still fucked?"[/quote']

2nd - Someone wanted to capture some of the dinosaurs to make a new Zoo with them.

3rd - Some tourists got near it, one of them got stranded. His parents tricked the guy from the first film to help them rescue him.

2nd - Someone wanted to capture some of the dinosaurs to make a new Zoo with them.

3rd - Some tourists got near it, one of them got stranded. His parents tricked the guy from the first film to help them rescue him.

Also the 2nd Film was on a second island wasn't it, where as the 3rd film returned to the first island I think?

haha really, why so? :D

And yes I'll take your offer of money. :p

All I can remember of the second film is that there was a ship. The third film I saw in a grubby Sofitel in Paris at the end of a weekend break in EuroDisney. The main feature was, if I recall some hippy guy who was sent to protect Sam Neill.

All three films summed up, for your pleasure:

Film 1:

Sam Neill is skeptical

Jeff Goldblum.

Big pile of poop.

'If you have to go, you have to go!'

'Clever Girl'

'W-w-w-w-where's the goat?'

Hacking into a door using Unix-based system.

Eating Jelly.

Film 2:

More Jeff Goldblum.

Velociraptors in long grass.

Defeating a dinosaur using gymnsatics.

Pete Postlethwaite.

T-rex somehow ends up in LA and rampages for a bit.

Film 3:

No Jeff Goldblum?!

Parasailing accident.

Sam Neill is back to being skeptical.

Guy lives in a van for 6 months.

Using t-rex wee to scare dinosaurs.

Sailosaurus is apprently badass.

Bad CGI pterosaurs in huge birdcage.

Sam Neill talks to Raptors using old bone, tells them to go away.

I think that prett much sums them up.