NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

Loved Frasier, I hope this is half as good, but with none of the other cast returning I’m not sure what to think. I get it’s supposed to be a new part of his life but we will have to wait and see. 

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Loved Frasier, I hope this is half as good, but with none of the other cast returning I’m not sure what to think. I get it’s supposed to be a new part of his life but we will have to wait and see. 

Two people are showing up.

Spoiler

Lilith and Roz will be popping up in an episode each (separate ones I assume)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2023 at 11:06 AM, BowserBasher said:

Yeah, Fraiser is my favorite show of all time and although it would have been nice to see the old cast all returning, I'm still optimistic because I know the character works well with other characters as he did in Cheer's. Over the summer a few of the people that attended the filming of these episodes to be in the audience gave their impressions on Reddit and it sounds as though the show is as good as Fraiser, judging by their reactions.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1

I'm not exactly holding my breath that it will be a patch on the original, but I'll watch. 

Last month I started watching Buffy on Disney+. I've not seen that or Angel since they initially aired on Sky back. It's a bit dated now but still lots of fun. It's hilarious how noticeable the stunt doubles are. Probably due to watching it on a much larger screen now.

Spike has been the MVP of the show. His inclusion was a genius move and his character just gets funnier and funnier. Angel on the other hand I found to be quite boring. Dude was always getting his butt kicked despite him having a reputation for being hard as nails.

Season 3 has been my fav so far (currently on S5) and I think that was the case when I watched it back in the day. The whole Buffy/Faith dynamic was great and the Mayor was a fantastic big bad. S4 was one I never really liked but this time I ended up enjoying it, even if the ending was a little weird and weak. To hell with The Gentlemen though. Those things still freak me out. 

Season 5 has been pretty rough so far, mainly because I really dislike Dawn. Such an awful character. I remember the rumours back in the day of who was going to play her, with Brittany Spears being hinted at. Instead we got Harriet the Spy. :p

Season 3 was always my favourite from all of Buffy. Despite how much of a fan I was back in the day I’d probably say I actually prefer Angel now. It had its issues but I really liked the story it tried to tell about redemption and carrying on fighting regardless. Some may not like it’s finale but I really liked the fact that this kind of stuff doesn’t just end and all you can really do is keep fighting. 

9 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Season 3 was always my favourite from all of Buffy. Despite how much of a fan I was back in the day I’d probably say I actually prefer Angel now. It had its issues but I really liked the story it tried to tell about redemption and carrying on fighting regardless. Some may not like it’s finale but I really liked the fact that this kind of stuff doesn’t just end and all you can really do is keep fighting. 

I remember I managed to spoil the finale for myself before it aired.

Spoiler

Read some interviews and I think it was Amy Acker who said something like Alexis Denisof's last day of filming was before hers and I thought "wait, does that mean he dies?" and yup

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I remember hating the finale. I may appreciate it more now but back then I wanted a big battle and closure. 

If I do end up watching Angel again, I do wonder if I still hate Connor as much as I originally did? :D

11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I remember I managed to spoil the finale for myself before it aired.

Angel finale spoilers (Reveal hidden contents)

Read some interviews and I think it was Amy Acker who said something like Alexis Denisof's last day of filming was before hers and I thought "wait, does that mean he dies?" and yup

I still remember with Buffy season 5

Spoiler

Sky ruining the ending for everyone by including her tombstone in all of the promotional videos

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I remember hating the finale. I may appreciate it more now but back then I wanted a big battle and closure. 

If I do end up watching Angel again, I do wonder if I still hate Connor as much as I originally did? :D

Yeah Connor was annoying but he was involved in my favourite quote from the show:

“Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions. It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world was what it should be, to show it what it can be.”

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I still remember with Buffy season 5

Season 5 finale (Reveal hidden contents)

Sky ruining the ending for everyone by including her tombstone in all of the promotional videos

They were notorious for doing stuff like that. I remember them spoiling certain parts of DS9 during the Dominion War storyline.

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

They were notorious for doing stuff like that. I remember them spoiling certain parts of DS9 during the Dominion War storyline.

Given how late I came to DS9 after release I'm amazed I basically went into the show blind.

Just finishing up the second episode of Monarch : Legacy of Monsters. Really enjoying it so far, even without the Godzilla connection it just seems really interesting.

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Just finishing up the second episode of Monarch : Legacy of Monsters. Really enjoying it so far, even without the Godzilla connection it just seems really interesting.

Looks great. Sadly I don't have a subscription and so can't watch it. 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Looks great. Sadly I don't have a subscription and so can't watch it. 

If it keeps quality throught the whole show I'd recommend using a free trial once it's all done.

Just now, Happenstance said:

If it keeps quality throught the whole show I'd recommend using a free trial once it's all done.

I've had the option to get 6 months free trial before (PlayStation dish them out regularly) but you have to put payment details in which I'm never a fan of. Yeah, I'm weird like that.

I see season 2 of Invincible is airing on Amazon Prime. I'm torn between watching the four episdoes that are already out or waiting the two months or so untill all the episodes are released so i can just binge it.

I see season 2 of Invincible is airing on Amazon Prime. I'm torn between watching the four episdoes that are already out or waiting the two months or so untill all the episodes are released so i can just binge it.
If it helps, there are only 3 episodes out so far.
  • Thanks 1

I'm still working my way through the Buffy series. Currently on season 6 and I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it. I remember really disliking this season when I was younger but I'm finding the more mature storylines really good now that I'm older.

Spoiler

There are a lot more themes in this season. Buffy dealing with loss, depression and trying to fit into society in order to make ends meet for her and Dawn. Not to mention her falling for Spike just so she had some kind of pleasure and comfort in her life.

Willow's addiction to magic and her trying to cut all ties with it in order to break the cycle. Her and Tanya breaking up dude to her addiction. Was pretty messed up when Amy gave her a hit again.

Xander unable to commit to Anya and then the fallout that follows the cancelling of the wedding. The episode that followed that had Spike sleeping with Anya and everyone finding out about Buffy and Spike was one of my favs of the season so far.

The Trio are pretty awful as a Big Bad but it's the normal and everyday problems that are what is making this season so enjoyable. Oh, and Dawn continues to annoy me. She really is the Connor of the series. :p 

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@drahkon did you see this news?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67700088

Brooklyn Nine Nine is one of my fav TV shows, with Holt being one of the best characters in it. Absolutely gutted.

First Matthew Perry dies and now this. Just waiting for someone from Scrubs to pass away now to complete the set. :(

Hoping you already knew about Ted from Scrubs :cry:

• Sad 1