NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

I have noticed some subtle but odd horizontal blurring issues when I play F-Zero on my GamePad though - a bit like the sort you might see on a low-quality YouTube video. Any one else experiencing this? Common? Expected? Don't have the issue with any other games.

Yup me too. Seems that the Gamepad video encoder struggles a bit with the pixelation of the mode 7 track (which isn't hard to imagine why really. Very rapid pixel movement creating a sort of static effect like what you'd get on analogue TV must be hard to capture in video encoding as it's very unpredictable and requires very fine detail capture that seems to break the bandwidth budget every so often)

It's a really good stress test for the Gamepad actually! Doesn't look bad really all things considered, the artifacts are only really noticeable for a brief moment or so and then disappear.

Edited by Dcubed

Thanks for responding but I may not have been totally clear :heh: I know there won't be a widescreen option but I just wondered if there was a way to stretch the image out to the width of the screen. I often prefer that to black borders on the screen..

Doesn't your TV have a 'Ratio' function.

Most have the ability to either stretch or zoom the image on the TV no matter what its format!?

Edited by Phube
Bad grammar

Not noticed anything on the gamepad. I will say though it looks incredible on th egamepad. I cant believe how much I love off TV play, can't wait for VC to come to the wii u in a bigger force. I wonder if they'll just move all the wii VC over or trickle it. Hopefully just move it over and add new stuff!

How much do the WiiU eshop games cost? The same amount as on the Wii VC?

Well games have their own individual prices.

What kind of games do you mean? Wii U-specific games (I guess you'd call them WiiUWare games) will vary up to about €15.

The Wii U's Virtual Console is has not yet been launched in its full form, but Nintendo is putting out one game each month at a special price of €0.30 to celebrate the Famicom's 30th birthday. Currently it's F-Zero. Last month it was Balloon Fight.

I'd imagine when it is fully up and running, Wii U VC games will be about the same price as they were on Wii VC, though it's difficult to exactly commensurate because it was done through Points on Wii. I'm sure I remember Iwata confirming that Wii VC games you already have on your 'Wii Mode' will be available for ultra reduced prices on Wii U VC.

Anyone know when Nintendo are actually planning on adding anything new to the eShop? 2 weeks without anything is pretty poor in my opinion.

Toki Tori 2 is due to be released any week now (it is finished and has been submitted to Nintendo for release)

Otherwise, you've got the eShop version of MH3U coming out the same day as the retail version, Bit Trip Runner in April and the Wii U VC service also launching proper some time in April.

yeah but where are the weekly updates that everyone else gets? even other nintendo consoles?

the eshop is depressing

I've never been a huge fan of downloadable titles, I mainly just look forward to the 20th when the 30p game comes out! The main one I'm looking forward to is of course Super Metroid! The thought of playing that classic on the gamepad whilst be snuggled on the sofa fills my heart with joy :)

The Wii U VC service also launching proper some time in April.

I thought we'd have to wait till the end of the year and all the 30p games were released.

I thought we'd have to wait till the end of the year and all the 30p games were released.

No, in the last Nintendo Direct, Iwata said that the Wii U VC service would launch "right after" the spring system update - which is happening in April.

NES & SNES only though at launch (and it won't include every game from the Wii VC catalogue on day 1)

Does it include GBA as well, or was that at a later date? Can't quite remember.::shrug:

Does it include GBA as well, or was that at a later date? Can't quite remember.::shrug:

"Other consoles including GBA" are coming at a later date (I watched it again recently to double check and that's what he said)

Man, I hope that Shovel Knight reaches its Kickstarter goal. The game looks amazing!

Lots of deals this week

ZombiU (Ubisoft) - €34.99/£29.99 (Normal €69.99/£54.99, ends April 4th)

Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft) - €29.99/£29.99 (Normal €69.99/£54.99, ends April 4th)

Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft) - €24.99/£19.99 (Normal €49.99/£39.99, ends April 4th)

Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft) - €24.99/£19.99 (Normal €49.99/£39.99, ends April 4th)

Rabbids Land (Ubisoft) - €24.99/£19.99 (Normal €49.99/£39.99, ends April 4th)

Sports Connection (Ubisoft) - €24.99/£19.99 (Normal €49.99/£39.99, ends April 4th)

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (Ubisoft) - €24.99/£19.99 (Normal €49.99/£39.99, ends April 4th)

Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation) - €4.99/£4.99 (Normal €9.99/£8.99, ends March 24)

Nice to see that we're getting the Ubisoft sale that the US got.

What's new this week on 3DS & Wii U though?

That's more like it. Tempted to buy Zombie U, still haven't tried the demo yet though.

Nintendo need to have a sale on their first party stuff. ;)

Nice to see that we're getting the Ubisoft sale that the US got.

What's new this week on 3DS & Wii U though?

Wii U:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom) - €59.99/£49.99

Monster HunterTM 3 Ultimate Packet Relay Tools for Nintendo 3DS - Free

Need for Speed: Most Wanted U (EA) - €59.99/£49.99

Punch-Out!! (Nintendo) - €0.30/£0.30 (Confirmed to be 60hz again)

3DS:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom) - €44.99/£39.99

Monster HunterTM 3 Ultimate Data Transfer Program - Free

My Foal 3D (TREVA Entertainment) - €29.99/£24.99

HarmoKnight Demo (Nintendo) - Free

The Beet Party: Call Me Aneek Neek (Redrover, Video) - €0.99/£0.89

DSi

Bloons TD4 (Digital Goldfish) - €4.99/£4.49

Cheers Serebii! : peace:

No demo for NFSMWU? What happened there!? (Oh EA...)

Edited by Dcubed

Trine 2 and The Cave are both excellent, loved every second of both.

That's more like it. Tempted to buy Zombie U, still haven't tried the demo yet though.

Oh I think you would really enjoy the game. Personally, I wouldn't play the demo if I was you. It's more enjoyable to go straight in, but I do understand the need to test the waters if you're unsure.

Either way, ZombiU will go you an experience like no other.

Nintendo need to have a sale on their first party stuff. ;)

Most definitely. Although, most of their games I want, I buy on launch so this would really be for those titles that are lesser known, perhaps not as critically acclaimed or just unsure about.

e.g. Steel Diver/Pilotwings resort.

Man, I hope that Shovel Knight reaches its Kickstarter goal. The game looks amazing!

Steam & Wii U/3DS eShop (I'm assuming) bound!

1.png

Edited by -Dem0-
Automerged Doublepost

Anything cool/of note worth getting when my wii u arrives tomorrow?

My favourite WiiU eShop game is Nano Assault Neo, if you like twin stick shooters this is a must. Also download the free starter pack of Tank Tank Tank, a good laugh in Japanese B-Movie Monster genre territory.

I'd considered it(NAN), but at the current price I'm not sure. It's a shame they don't have a demo on there :(

I'd considered it(NAN), but at the current price I'm not sure. It's a shame they don't have a demo on there :(

Well you can pick up F Zero for 30p today, and tomorrow Punchout arrives for 30p :)

DOOOOOO IT!!!!