NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U Price Check

I think the price has just unofficially dropped at a bunch of online retailers. Seems the Premium is now £250 and the basic is £200. A welcome drop, but I think she's still got some limbo in her.

I'll get one when I get back from holiday, maybe if I'm lucky they'll have fallen even more!

EDIT: Asda are doing a premium+NSMBU for £265 - NDD only £5

Aaaaaand...it's gone.

Edited by Rummy

Basic is still £200, but premium's gone up to £290. I've seen AmazonWarehouseDeals sells 'used' Wii Us which they say are tested faulty returns - £222. I'm tempted.

@Rummy If you still have a Wii, you can currently get £50 Credit for it on Amazon Trade-In, to take off the price of the Wii U.

@Rummy If you still have a Wii, you can currently get £50 Credit for it on Amazon Trade-In, to take off the price of the Wii U.

Ahh, unfortunately I find it really difficult to part with my consoles, though I did consider doing it. Plus it'd also stop me smashing with gamecube pads :p

£255 for the 32GB console with Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros U at ASDA

£10 deducted when you add the bundle to your basket.

Why can't it be £200 I get another Wii U then

Why would you get another one?

Asks the guy with two Gamecubes and two broken Virtual Boys.

You forgot my 2 wiis, 2 3ds, 5. Different gameboys and a few gameboy advance iterations (inc. micro) :) And one virtual boy isn't broke. Remember, I introduced you to the delights of mario tennis

Every Wii owner has got two GameCubes!

...I'll get my coat.

You forgot my 2 wiis, 2 3ds, 5. Different gameboys and a few gameboy advance iterations (inc. micro) :) And one virtual boy isn't broke. Remember, I introduced you to the delights of mario tennis

That virtual boy IS broken, the one screen is faulty, I've had a twitch in that eye ever since using it - I think its rotated 36 degrees in its socket.

@Grazza And a length of duck tape.

..why would you get one right now..? :eek:

That virtual boy IS broken..

Some would argue that every Virtual Boy is broken.. :heh:

..why would you get one right now..? :eek:

Don't be mean, the Wii U has some great games and starting from tomorrow it's going to get much better!

Don't be mean, the Wii U has some great games and starting from tomorrow it's going to get much better!

What happens tomorrow..? I assume that's when Monster Hunter is released.. but it doesn't interest me :hmm:

I know I was being 'mean', albeit jokingly, even if I was being somewhat serious :heh:

What happens tomorrow..? I assume that's when Monster Hunter is released.. but it doesn't interest me :hmm:

I know I was being 'mean', albeit jokingly, even if I was being somewhat serious :heh:

You gone off your wii now :)

Need for speed also gets released tomorrow, which looks great. Lego next week. At least we're getting stuff finally!

You gone off your wii now :)

I'm kinda in that place with the Wii U right now :indeed: I need something to come along and grab me again and there's nothing on the horizon of much interest :hmm:

Need for speed also gets released tomorrow..

Not interested..

Lego next week.

Extremely not interested.. :blank:

£199 for Premium with Zombie U - In-store - HMV - possibly closing-down stores only?

£199 for Premium with Zombie U - In-store - HMV - possibly closing-down stores only?

Seems like it's in all stores. That's awfully tempting, especially seeing I got paid today... But if the deals are this good now, are they going to be even better by the time there's some games I want??

Seems like it's in all stores. That's awfully tempting, especially seeing I got paid today... But if the deals are this good now, are they going to be even better by the time there's some games I want??

I think it's a gamble. If nintendo suddenly start advertising and people see games there they want, prices might stabilise.

Unless Nintendo are completely feckless, I can't see them letting this situation carry on for much longer, not with Lego city and monster hunter sitting there now.

Edited by madeinbeats

I couldn't possibly resist that HMV deal and dropped some cash on a system a few minutes ago.

£199.99 for the Wii U Premium, Nintendoland and a separate copy of ZombiU.

I also grabbed Monster Hunter for the extortionate price of £50 in GAME, but with the console this cheap who actually cares?

Nintendo Network ID will be coming tonight.

Argh so tempting. It really is a bargain.

But I have Fire Emblem to devote my time too for a review, and since I've moved back home, I seem to be bottom of the pecking order for TV use... if I was living on my own again I don't think I'd hesitate!

There still need to be some games for me to buy the console, otherwise I'll buy it at a tempting price like £199, and it'll still just sit there! :p

Games that interest me: Nintendo Land, ZombiU, Lego City... but that's it and I don't think they're anywhere near enough.

Will most likely wait until Christmas and grab a Mario Kart bundle or something maybe.

Argh so tempting. It really is a bargain.

But I have Fire Emblem to devote my time too for a review, and since I've moved back home, I seem to be bottom of the pecking order for TV use... if I was living on my own again I don't think I'd hesitate!

If you're at the bottom of the pecking order for the TV, then the Wii U is for you ;)

If you're at the bottom of the pecking order for the TV, then the Wii U is for you ;)

Hell of an advert, Serebii!

:laughing: