NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U Price Check

Anybody fancy buying it and posting it to me please? I'll reimburse you the cost of the game and postage.

What, so you can set it on fire?

Anybody fancy buying it and posting it to me please? I'll reimburse you the cost of the game and postage.

If I see it ill pick you up a copy!

You can add an external memory drive to the basic model right? As 8gb is pointless... :woops:

Yeah of course!... you basically have to.

What, so you can set it on fire?

No, I think it's a good game.

@dazzybee Thank you for your offer but Welsh Gamer has offered to pick it up so I'll see how that goes. Much appreciated though.

Any word on this Basic model being stupidly cheap in Tesco?

Or was it all lies. LIES I TELLS YA?!

If I see it ill pick you up a copy!

Actually I'll take you up on that offer. Just in case Welsh can't pick up the game. Thanks. I still can't believe it's £8.

Actually I'll take you up on that offer. Just in case Welsh can't pick up the game. Thanks. I still can't believe it's £8.

I was in hmv today and saw a few copies for 7.99 :) Hopefully they'll still be there next time I go in, hopefully tomorrow. If not Thursday.

Any word on this Basic model being stupidly cheap in Tesco?

Or was it all lies. LIES I TELLS YA?!

Unfortunately it was apparently all lies! Is that £8 All Stars at HMV still a thing? Might take a vroom up to bluewater pre or post work tomorrow and check it out.

Basic Wii U + Injustice = £189.85 @ Shopto

... which if you consider the price of the game is pretty good.

Premium £199

http://direct.asda.com/Nintendo-Wii-U-32GB-Console-(Black)-(Premium-Pack)-Nintendo-Land/003774372,default,pd.html?cmpid=afc-_-ghs-_-102463-_-awin%20-_-generic&utm_source=102463&utm_medium=afc&utm_term=generic&utm_content=awin&utm_campaign=ghs

They also have the basic for £149.99

http://direct.asda.com/Nintendo-Wii-U-8GB-Console-(White)-(Basic-Pack)/003774365,default,pd.html?cmpid=afc-_-ghs-_-102463-_-awin%20-_-generic&utm_source=102463&utm_medium=afc&utm_term=generic&utm_content=awin&utm_campaign=ghs

It might start selling if Nintendo advertised the bloody thing, haha.

Premium £199

http://direct.asda.com/Nintendo-Wii-U-32GB-Console-(Black)-(Premium-Pack)-Nintendo-Land/003774372,default,pd.html?cmpid=afc-_-ghs-_-102463-_-awin%20-_-generic&utm_source=102463&utm_medium=afc&utm_term=generic&utm_content=awin&utm_campaign=ghs

Fuuuuck. That's a good price.

I don't know what the fuck to do. I was dead cert on waiting til E3. Plus, if the price has already dropped, who is to say that it won't drop some more? Or, if there will be more bundles.

I don't know what the fuck to do. I was dead cert on waiting til E3. Plus, if the price has already dropped, who is to say that it won't drop some more? Or, if there will be more bundles.

I doubt an official or unofficial drop would go lower then this.

Is this Asda just trying to shift any stock they have left and then being finished with Wii U?

People thought that with the 3DS. If you want it get in now, it wont go lower.

Wonder if Nintendo are taking the hit and will credit Asda back or Asda are just looking to get rid of stock and then be done with it.

Bomba!!

Edited by liger05

Anyone used this Flubit.com before? I sent the ShopTo link (£25) for Deus Ex to Flubit and a company has offered to sell me a copy for £21 delivered! Not sure what to do as at least with ShopTo you might get it the day before!

Anyone, try it with this Wii U deal and see if anyone offers an even better price!

http://www.flubit.com/

EDIT. just sent the link in myself out of curiosity.

Edited by madeinbeats

Wait for Wii U2.. it'll be the sweetest thing..

:blank:

It might start selling if Nintendo advertised the bloody thing, haha.

Nintendo advertise!!!?

Next joke...

I'd wait FLink... I am.

Whilst E3 could be amazing, or underwhelming, the most important thing is to find out off the back of it, what Nintendo's release list is for the rest of the year. If the majority of the games are aimed at Christmas and Q1 2014, you might as well wait for some bundles or something.

Chances are these Basic and Premium supermarket price drops are gonna keep happening for a while anyway.

Chances are these Basic and Premium supermarket price drops are gonna keep happening for a while anyway.

This is the thing I'm not entirely convinced of. I agree with liger05 that they are just dumping stock right now which they may choose not to take on once they've depleted their current numbers. At those prices, they aren't making anything on the sale of the machine.

You could make the argument that it could be worth them holding onto the stock until Q4 in the hope that a string of game releases will reignite interest in the machine and allow them to sell at a higher price but for them, that's a long way off and a chance they aren't willing to take.

You'll see them dotted around other supermarkets but I think once any store sells out, you won't see them selling this cheap again. They will likely retain a very small stock and only sell them at the normal price - just so they can say they have them and that they appear on google product searches.

I'm still surprised that Amazon.com don't sell Wii Us directly. Did anyone ever find out why?

Be on the look out for a Mario Kart or Super Mario bundle come year end but it will likely only be replacing NintendoLand in the Premium SKU. Maybe Nintendo will get wise and give a DL code for NL too but I wouldn't count on it.

http://www.flubit.com/

EDIT. just sent the link in myself out of curiosity.

Any good?

I've just had a stab at Gamecube version of Fire Emblem from an Amazon link.

shall see what returns. Not expecting anything under £60 though.

Any good?

Wow, that'll really be pumping someone's research skills in the Flubit office lol. Not sure it would work with discontinued/pre-owned stuff! Wii U ASDA has sold out now so not expecting much on that. Might try it on a black Wiimote Plus next.

This is the thing I'm not entirely convinced of. I agree with liger05 that they are just dumping stock right now which they may choose not to take on once they've depleted their current numbers. At those prices, they aren't making anything on the sale of the machine.

You could make the argument that it could be worth them holding onto the stock until Q4 in the hope that a string of game releases will reignite interest in the machine and allow them to sell at a higher price but for them, that's a long way off and a chance they aren't willing to take.

You'll see them dotted around other supermarkets but I think once any store sells out, you won't see them selling this cheap again. They will likely retain a very small stock and only sell them at the normal price - just so they can say they have them and that they appear on google product searches.

I'm still surprised that Amazon.com don't sell Wii Us directly. Did anyone ever find out why?

Be on the look out for a Mario Kart or Super Mario bundle come year end but it will likely only be replacing NintendoLand in the Premium SKU. Maybe Nintendo will get wise and give a DL code for NL too but I wouldn't count on it.

Wasnt it down to the 3DS screen scratching problem which initially had Amazon US stop selling the product and then I guess from there the relationship was strained?

Any good?

They won't return anything if it's pre-owned or from the Amazon Marketplace.

That's a pretty good price from Asda. Tempted myself to pick one up!!