NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U Price Check

There's an O2 Priority App code going for Wii U's at Zavvi. O2 customers check it out. 10%, making the Premium £265.46. Not sure what stock levels are like or when delivery takes place.

Any idea how this works? Me and Jim are with O2 but have no clue on how to do this/how to get the code/where you put the code. =P

Edit: nevermind, we figured it out heh. Though now we're discussing it is still too expensive and we don't have the time to use it anyway haha.

Edited by Eenuh

yeah I'm debating with myself whether or not to go with it as well :)

Any idea how this works? Me and Jim are with O2 but have no clue on how to do this/how to get the code/where you put the code. =P

Edit: nevermind, we figured it out heh. Though now we're discussing it is still too expensive and we don't have the time to use it anyway haha.

You would have a field day with miiverse - it's artist heaven

So I had a gaming weekend and my mate now wants to buy a Wii U. What are the best deals? Game actually don't have terrible deals however much I hate them, and Zavvi do the best basic package deals. Are these the best?!

Other than smaller hard drive, no premium membership and no stands, is there anything else you don't get with the basic pack? I reckon that may be a good one for him.

So I had a gaming weekend and my mate now wants to buy a Wii U. What are the best deals? Game actually don't have terrible deals however much I hate them, and Zavvi do the best basic package deals. Are these the best?!

Other than smaller hard drive, no premium membership and no stands, is there anything else you don't get with the basic pack? I reckon that may be a good one for him.

No Nintendo Land.

If you're getting NL, there's no reason to get the Basic one. On the other hand, if you're not interested in NL, I see little reason to pay the higher price for te Premium (since an extra 24GB of storage is a drop in the bucket really. It's all about USB HDD storage anyway)

No Nintendo Land.

If you're getting NL, there's no reason to get the Basic one. On the other hand, if you're not interested in NL, I see little reason to pay the higher price for te Premium (since an extra 24GB of storage is a drop in the bucket really. It's all about USB HDD storage anyway)

Yeah exactly. The thing with nintendoland, is that Zavvi are doing 250 with a game (basic) so you can get 2 games for the same price as the premium bundle. Is the premium bundle worth more than a game?!

I think he'd probably prefer the Zombi U bundle, but that's so expensive and seems sold out everywhere.

Seriously, don't underestimate the power of the charging stand. End of session, just lob the gamepad onto it, it always finds its seat. Ready to pick up again... So simple even my 3 year old can do it!

Isn't there a danger in charging it up when it's half full or is that a wives tale?!

Of course, I don't have a Wii U, but doesn't it have a Li-ion battery? Similar to most phones, laptops, DS etc. They don't really suffer that much from memory effects with charging, even Ni-MH ones weren't sposed to really - but the old kinda rechargeables NiCads were sposed to only be charged from full depletion. Li-ions are generally ok, unless there's some special way they've put it together that it would suck :p

(the reason some laptop batteries end up getting crap though is because they're left in constantly with charge going in, and something to do with the heat, i think)

Edited by Rummy

I'm now looking to get my next retail game/s for Wii U, thought that the prices might have dropped slightly since launch, and although some have, many of the multi-platform titles still remain more expensive on Wii U compared to other systems. :hmm:

Check it out:

FhkES.jpg?1

dmW8q.jpg?1

IYEcI.jpg?1

UY5aA.jpg?1

Admittedly with all of those examples above, the games have been out longer on 360/PS3, but it's still annoying.

I just seem to have really bad luck with getting bargains. Whenever I buy a game at launch, it'll be going for a fiver or something ridiculous the following week. And when I wait to buy a game, it never drops in price! :heh:

I'm now looking to get my next retail game/s for Wii U, thought that the prices might have dropped slightly since launch, and although some have, many of the multi-platform titles still remain more expensive on Wii U compared to other systems. :hmm:

Admittedly with all of those examples above, the games have been out longer on 360/PS3, but it's still annoying.

I just seem to have really bad luck with getting bargains. Whenever I buy a game at launch, it'll be going for a fiver or something ridiculous the following week. And when I wait to buy a game, it never drops in price! :heh:

30700169.jpg

I never get any of the bargains. Everything that ever goes on sale is something I've already bought :(

Worst thing ever for me was Soul Calibur 4. Bought it on the week of release at full price, literally a week later the price was slashed in half to £20 :cry:

Haven't bought a Namco game at full price since then (actually, I haven't really bought any Namco games, other than Pacman CE DX and a US Tales of Graces import, since then anyway :laughing:)

You're probably not gonna see any real bargains on Wii U games until after Xmas. Probably in late January/early February.

The Wii U 32GB ZombiU Premium Pack is back in stock at Zavvi for the standard price of £319.99.

If you use the code - VCUKZ10 - you get £10 off. It's supposed to be a 10% off code though. Usually these don't work with console purchases.

Check it out:

FhkES.jpg?1

dmW8q.jpg?1

IYEcI.jpg?1

UY5aA.jpg?1

I think Wii U games being at a premium price compared to their counterparts will really not help the system; I DID think about getting a Wii U...but what games would I get? Maybe Darksiders II as it's the only thing that appeals to me really; poss SMBU and *maybe* ZombiU as a bundle console thingy. Darksiders II however clocks in about £45 on Wii U when I checked a week or two ago or....£20 on my ps3 or 360. Yes, the Wii U had some extra content(like all the DLC or whatever), but is all that worth £25/more than twice the price? Not to me considering it's a game I'd be getting just for lack of want of anything else.

ADDIT: Ok, just checked ShopTo: £35 for Wii U version, £20 for 360, £15 for PS3. Still a vast enough difference that I wouldn't. *If* I see Darksiders drop to £20-£25, I'll most likely get a ZombiU bundle Wii U and that; money pending.

Edited by Rummy

Bastard. My mate was just about to do the Zavvi deal and it's bumped up to £350... Disgusting!

Oh my lord, it seems everyone ha supped their zombi u bundle to 350. Shopto even have the proper price underneath (which they do to show the savings you'll get) at £230... unbelievable.!

Wow, fortunately I placed my Zavvi order before the jump in price.

I used some reward points and Quidco - if all goes to plan I'll have the ZombiU Premium bundle for about £298.

So it seems that Wii U game prices are finally starting to drop a bit, which is good. icon14.gif

Hopefully January will bring about even more reductions, and I'll start snapping up some of the launch titles that are on my to buy list. :hehe:

I see Game are doing the Nintendoland Premium Pack and Zombiu for £310

Must resist!

So it seems that Wii U game prices are finally starting to drop a bit, which is good. icon14.gif

Hopefully January will bring about even more reductions, and I'll start snapping up some of the launch titles that are on my to buy list. :hehe:

Some Tesco shops are selling NSMBU for £34.99 at the moment.

Some reductions at ShopTo.Net :-

New Super Mario Bros U £34.85

Nintendo Land £34.85

Darksiders 2 £24.85

Batman Arkham City £24.85

Tekken £24.85

Rabbids Land £27.85

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 £39.85

If you're using that Zavvi deal, add CONSOLE for free next day delivery and NDD for a £5 discount in the coupon box. I just grabbed one for myself, whoops.

Yikes! £224.99 for the Premium pack at Zavvi through eBay
Wowzers! :eek:

I wonder if Nintendo will do an official price-cut in the UK soon... :hmm:

Us early adopters had better get a Wii U Ambassador program if so! :heh: